Bux's Feminized WW and Carnival LED Grow 2009

Just a quick update today.

I have been battling root rot because of the reservoir temps being to high. I disconnected the fogger that was inside the reservoir and we will see if that cools it off some. I also picked up some H2O2 and added that to the reservoir. The growth of these girls have been stunted because of the root rot. I had massive PH swings and found myself adjusting it twice a day. I hope its over now and these gals will finish alright but we will see.

One thing I have noticed and I really like is the color difference between these UFO's and the HG LED I am using to flower my other two plants. Its so much easier to see stuff under the HG LED. I really like those lights.

ctmpphpuLtvXc.jpg

ctmpphpUO2GA7.jpg

ctmpphp7zcVnS.jpg

Hi Bux hope you get things under control.
I thought you had a cooler set up for this grow but I was probably mixing up your other grow chamber with this one.
Good luck with this grow, I suspect the other tent is your main focus right now but this one might give you less grief with the cooling temps outdoors.

Yea the other area is going to have the chiller until I am able to build the bloom area then the chiller will go in there. Your right the other tent is my main focus hehe. They look so much more healthy then these girls. With the 2 LED's in the cab and the reservoir being so shallow/small it heats the water up too quickly. I have to leave the cabs doors open to keep it under 90 (with ambient room temps under 70) I really am not happy at all with the cabinet and would never purchase one from them again.

Yea the other area is going to have the chiller until I am able to build the bloom area then the chiller will go in there. Your right the other tent is my main focus hehe. They look so much more healthy then these girls. With the 2 LED's in the cab and the reservoir being so shallow/small it heats the water up too quickly. I have to leave the cabs doors open to keep it under 90 (with ambient room temps under 70) I really am not happy at all with the cabinet and would never purchase one from them again.

I've seen a few journals usomng a small rez and they all seem to have the fluctuating ph issue. I think it may be the real issue causing your root rot. Are you using any enzymes to clear the roots of dead material?

Hi Warbux I had the same problums with ph aaa my plants in hydros the ph would go down to 3.0..

i had 3 plants die so i took them out and put them in coco ,the roots where brown and slimely..only a few white hairs on them but they recovered well..I did have 4 plants that stayed alive in hydro they are Afgan kush from world of seeds,,,they were flower back in september 2 and are still growing bud , though I dont know how..they are the tuffest plants they refuse to die,I have also herd of ph-ix its to stable ph for 7 too 10 days I have not tryed it yet,but i will.good luck..

I've seen a few journals usomng a small rez and they all seem to have the fluctuating ph issue. I think it may be the real issue causing your root rot. Are you using any enzymes to clear the roots of dead material?

I think heat is the underlaying cause. The small reservoir gets up to 80 much faster then a large reservoir. Which causes the roots to rot and that causes the PH to start going crazy. I have not added any enzymes to this reservoir only the H2O2 but I do have sensizyme can I use that and H2O2 together?

Hi Warbux I had the same problums with ph aaa my plants in hydros the ph would go down to 3.0..

i had 3 plants die so i took them out and put them in coco ,the roots where brown and slimely..only a few white hairs on them but they recovered well..I did have 4 plants that stayed alive in hydro they are Afgan kush from world of seeds,,,they were flower back in september 2 and are still growing bud , though I dont know how..they are the tuffest plants they refuse to die,I have also herd of ph-ix its to stable ph for 7 too 10 days I have not tryed it yet,but i will.good luck..

My roots are not that bad yet but they are a blond color. They must be a real hardy strain. This ph-ix stuff sounds pretty interesting. I am going to look into it right now.

I think heat is the underlaying cause. The small reservoir gets up to 80 much faster then a large reservoir. Which causes the roots to rot and that causes the PH to start going crazy. I have not added any enzymes to this reservoir only the H2O2 but I do have sensizyme can I use that and H2O2 together?

yeah 80 is getting up there.
Not sure I'd combine the two. Any contact info on the sensizyme? They should be able to tell you if it's safe to combine with peroxide.

Yea they say you can use both but suggest using the H202 a day or so before adding the Sensizyme. I added the H202 yesterday and will add 1/4th strength Sensizyme today. I have almost persuaded myself to open all of the AN nutes I purchased and start using them instead of this MoonDust I am currently using. Thats supposed to have enzymes in it to prevent root rot also but didnt seem to help very much.

Yea they say you can use both but suggest using the H202 a day or so before adding the Sensizyme. I added the H202 yesterday and will add 1/4th strength Sensizyme today. I have almost persuaded myself to open all of the AN nutes I purchased and start using them instead of this MoonDust I am currently using. Thats supposed to have enzymes in it to prevent root rot also but didnt seem to help very much.

I'd give the h2o2 and sensizyme a chance to do their magic first. Probably more effective.

Looking good, hope the plants rebound which I am sure they will, you got the skills, Great job + rep

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey brother, the heat has been an issue here as well. Had a Mecical 1024 hermie on us. Now the a/c can run, so that issue is resolved..for now. Is the res in the tent/and can you relocate it outside the tent?

Back
Top Bottom