Hydro Grow FINALLY

englishgrower: Np's, Yeah lamps can be very bad sometimes. I remember had the same problem before I switched. It doesn't take away everything. But atleast 5 - 6 degrees. Anyways, good luck on your grow, hope you will find away that works for you. :roorrip:

four20friend: I love growing in the tent, but I have never had that problem. But I also always vent out the used air. I can see how it would look like hehehe, do you have a picture? hehe. Anyways growing in tent is perfect to experience ultimate growing condition if done right.

Helly my brother. Whats up?
Yeah, 99% of the seeds in cups will germinate ( if done rigth ).
When are you gonna start a journal? hehe, should also share your grow here. Atleast update some pictures that I can post on this thread atleast ;) .

Anyways, All my plants are now in Vegetative stage ( That means the new seeds I got: Big Buddah Cheese and BlueMoonshine ). I started giving neuts in the hydro system. They haven't grown as much as the soil plants, but they are looking healthy and good. I hope that the neuts will fix that. The motherplants outside the tent ( 8 motherplant so far, gonna eliminated 1 of each at the end : BlueMooshine, BB Cheese, Violator Kush and Brainstorm I will only need 4 motherplants ) is doing super fine, but I started Giving neuts to them 4 days ago.

Here is my future grow plan:

I am gonna take 8 Clones of each plant ( 32 clones ) every 2nd month and only keep the 16 best clones. The clones will go into flowering 2 weeks after root development, but the 2 weeks of veg will happen in the Clone Box.

Why?

That is because I will cut the clones 3 weeks before I harvest the curently grow in the tent. The rooting should be done in about a week, then the veg for 2 weeks ( after the 3 weeks, I harvest and put the healthiest clones in the flowering room )

This will keep me having 16 plants flowering constantly. I will have even bigger plants because of the minor vegging, but not to big.
The plants that I have takes all around 65 days flowering, but with CO2 I am hoping for around 55 days, and 40 - 50 % more yield.

Trimming:
I am only going for 16 massive kholas, so I will trimm all the long internodes away. I will try and keep as much fan leaves as I can, but I don't mind taking some. I will try and not trim anything after the 1st week into flowering.

I am trying to install 4 or atleast 3 Flurocent bulbs ( Not fluro Pipebulb ) into the tent. This will give much more white light and hopefully they will stop grow long internodes and easier to get LARGE Kholas.
The lamps I have purchused so far is around 20w each, but give 80w of light power each. Think that is enough?

I am not sure of the neut that I am gonna use for this grow, I will try and not use CannBoost this time as it can give a bad taste to the smoke. But will try and have some normal organic neuts if possible. Anyone know how to get the best taste out of Hydroponic plants?

Well, This is my plan. But first the motherplants need to be big enough and my curintly Afghani Special tryout is done.

Peace:peace:

Here is a picture update.

Here is the tent. As you can see they haven't grown as much as the soil plants. But they are doing good. You can see the flurocent light I was talking about. I am gonna put atleast 2 or 3 more. Hopefully that will help keep the internodes short and I can focus on a massive khola.

1478.jpg

Here is a closeup from the young plants. These are not fiminized, so I don't know how many females I will get. But I will put inn the Feminized mother plants that I am not gonna keep aswell ( one of each strain ). This is also to test out the plants and see how they are growing.

3306.jpg

2356.jpg

4249.jpg

Here is a closeup of the 8 motherplants. Moonshine

12127.jpg

11149.jpg

9103.jpg

1086.jpg

6165.jpg

7146.jpg

The 2 lights that I am using on the young seedlings is going into the tent when they get bigger.

5190.jpg

Here are some of the neuts that I am gonna use on the grow.

1479.jpg

Peace :peace:

canna is widely used in holland and europe in general, with very good reviews , and results. its not the cheapest, but then theres usually a reason for that!

they are ideal for hydro, canna aqua, or flores. i use flores, and boost very important, also the pk 13/14. cheaper if you buy 5 litre bottles of flowering nute, you dont need much for the grow. 1 litre of each will last a while. the boost is the expensive part, but highly rated...

I have yet to use canna. have you ever used them before? what additives do you plan on using? I see some soil and some hydroton. do you plan on transplants?

I used canna all the time, but not Hydroponic. I have used in soil and all my Cocco grows. But I am happy with the rsults I am getting and I always get healthy plants. I will use, Rhizotonic ( Good for roots ), Cannazym ( more like a vitamin thing, keep the planty healthy ), Cannaboost ( gives more yield and gives a flavour to the buds ), PK 13 / 14 ( Helps also with the buds, bootsing them at the end of flowering, 3 weeks before, use for 1 week ), Canna Aqua( the neut that I will feed the plants with in the hydrosystem ), I will also order Canna Flush for the end.

The plants that are now in soil is gonna be mother plants for the next grow. Theese will be in soil. But I will eliminate one of each strain when they are big. The clones will be going in the hydro system ;)

englishgrower:Yeah, canna is known here. I can buy it locally in a smoking shop ( Bongs and smoking acessories shop ) I am gonna use Canna Aqua, its the neut for closed hydro system or if you recycle the wasted water and reuse it. Are you happy with your canna results? Do you use canna flores in a hydro system or soil? didn't get that :bong:

pan4gold49: Yeah, Canna is a good neut. There is allot of help on theire web page and they know allot about growing. It is the solution that is made for Cannabis and Cannabis growers have made it.

I took some pictures today. There are some changes in the tent. I took the plants out of the net pots and just put them in the Ebb tank with clay around the plants. Now I don't use the dripper, and the plants will get water 3 times a day ( 15 min at the time )

1480.jpg

2357.jpg

3307.jpg

4250.jpg

5191.jpg

Here is the Blue Moonshine

1087.jpg

8132.jpg

11150.jpg

Here is the Big Buddah Cheese

7147.jpg

9104.jpg

12128.jpg

Here is the other motherplants. They have been veging a week longer

13106.jpg

1481.jpg

1563.jpg

I moved in a refrigirator in to the grow room. This is where I will cure my buds. This is also where I keep the seeds

1747.jpg

hi again, i use flores, in a hydro system where the water and nutes are recycled, when i bought my set up, he automatically said flores, so i have used it ever since, with great results, cant fault it all, its my first grow, but looks fantastic...
i was told to use pk 13/14 when little buds start to form, because the plant craves potassium? but you say you use it 3 weeks before the end, i am open to change obviously, so u think this is better? 3 weeks before the end?
heres 2 pics of my lemon, going into flush in a few days...
NEARLY_THERE_003.JPG

NEARLY_THERE_005.JPG

Nice plants, they look really good ;)
The thing about the PK 13 / 14 is that there are many different ways to do it. Many ppl are saying you should start soon as bud develop so the plants will go faster into flowering mode. Other say that giving PK 13 / 14 3 weeks before end will boost with more yield an more resin.

I have tried both of the methods and I was very happy with the results when I used it on the G13 Haze, my plants got very heavy with crystals.

I took some pictures yesterday. I have been using canna for 2 days. Amazing results, they doubled in size in 2 days, even more. I took some pictures. I have also put in the flurocent lightning.( PS its a crappy cam, other one is in work shop for cleaning ).

1484.jpg

6167.jpg

12129.jpg

The mother plants I am creating is doing also good, I can see 2 good moms in there already ( The biggest and the one next to it ). Anyways, the small pots you see on the left side is BB Cheese and the other one Blue Moonshine. They are a 6 days behind Brainstorm and Violator Kush.

2360.jpg

3327.jpg

4254.jpg

5192.jpg

I purchused some more neut, for example Canna Aqua Flores A and B, Canna Aqua Vega A and B. ALOT. And I found another location for the neut. With these neuts I get perfect PH ressults. The free sample I got from hydro system sucked, and gave me really bad PH.

7148.jpg

8133.jpg

9105.jpg

Here is the rockwol I will use when I have the motherplants, I will take 32 clones.

1088.jpg

11151.jpg

I hae also put the Afghan special into flowering now, they are at 1st day after 12 hours of dark. 1st Flowering day ( Afghan Special ) Jan.28.09.

Thanks mate, just did the water change for the flush, having to tie up a lot of buds due to the weight on the branches! glad its nearly over, seems a shame to chop them lol.

Yeah I am sticking with canna, just bought 5 litres each of the flowering nute ( much better value for money) ...

Yours will be shooting up now!

Oh with reards to the heat problem with my 400w light, I have ordered a 'cool tube' if you have seen them? and a fan similar to yours, should do the trick!

Thanks mate, just did the water change for the flush, having to tie up a lot of buds due to the weight on the branches! glad its nearly over, seems a shame to chop them lol.

Yeah I am sticking with canna, just bought 5 litres each of the flowering nute ( much better value for money) ...

Yours will be shooting up now!

Oh with reards to the heat problem with my 400w light, I have ordered a 'cool tube' if you have seen them? and a fan similar to yours, should do the trick!

When you have to tie them up because of wight problem, then you did a good job, hehehe. The store I was in didn't have 5 liters, so I had to buy 5x 1 liters instead :(

O yeah, Cool tube is the reflector I am using now. Been using it for 8 month now. I used 3 of those on my G13 Haze grow with excelent ressults.

pan4gold49: Thx pan, If you have any question, you can pm me or post here. Anyways, hope you will be enjoing this journal.

how many plants did you have when you used 3 lights? i am hoping the new cool tube, with a 400w bulb and ballast, will be enough for my four new ones...
i will try the pk 13-14 3 weeks before the end on the current grow, see how it goes!

TimberMist: Thx for the nice complement. This grow will hopefully be even better than the last one. I have a lesser space to watch out for, and now I can do a real SOG ( Sea of green ) and focus just on the top kholas. :grinjoint:

englishgrower: I had like 20 plants, and I did a Scrog. The grow space was 2.4 x 1 x 2.4 L.W.H. I got like 800 grams of dried bud out of it. I doind allot smaller grow now, and I am still hoping for 300 - 400 grams with the CO2 system.

Back
Top Bottom