Hydro1000 - 2016 - Perlite/Hempy Bucket - Multi-Strain - Perpetual Grow

Here is Tracey#2, she looks a bit rough with those ugly leaves and a little lanky but still alive lol
image9385.jpeg

This is the first hempy thread i've come across using only perlite.... I'll stick around, curious to see how the all perlite hempy buckets work.... I see you have a couple buckets of the larger size perlite.... Does it work any better than the small.. ? For your own comparison tests you should work in a couple 50/50 coco/perlite hempy buckets...

This is the first hempy thread i've come across using only perlite.... I'll stick around, curious to see how the all perlite hempy buckets work.... I see you have a couple buckets of the larger size perlite.... Does it work any better than the small.. ? For your own comparison tests you should work in a couple 50/50 coco/perlite hempy buckets...

Thanks for stopping in Dr Fish, all the perlite is the small stuff. I will be trying some new mixes as I find the perlite dries very quickly. the once a day feelings are not enough for the in the 2.5 gallon pails

I'm pretty happy with my 50/50 column of Perlite/Vermiculite surrounded by 100% Perlite on the sides and bottom. The central column mix is about 6 inches wide.

I have a couple months to go before I can examine the root mass.

/obi

I'm pretty happy with my 50/50 column of Perlite/Vermiculite surrounded by 100% Perlite on the sides and bottom. The central column mix is about 6 inches wide.

I have a couple months to go before I can examine the root mass.

/obi

That 50/50 mix must hold a fair amount of moisture, what were you gone 5 days and your girls still looked good!
I don't think I would want to chance that.lol

But if I look at how I'm watering they are not getting a complete soaking on a daily basis, so I'm presuming there will always be dry roots searching for water. I'm expecting the pail to be completely full of roots when there done.

But also on the other side by watering twice a day I could be causing the roots to ball up halfway down and not searching downward for food, it's hard to say what they will do till we see inside the pail.

I only watered this morning so we will see how dry they are tomorrow.

After a 1gal watering, With about 2 cups of run off, my plants are very dry by day 4. They recently went 7 with some minor damage.

I think my reservoirs hold about .5gal.

Are you getting run off from the weep holes?

5 gallon res would be nice, I may have to go to tubs or larger pots to get that much in the res.

I'm going to about 10% run off, but I've read a lot of people just adding until run off so there is no waste of nutes. I think if I put them in another pail and fill it with nutes, then let sit for 10 min so all the perlite is saturated This should last more than 2 days then a dry day, so 3 days max if I soak them.

My runoff is clear on every pail so the build up of salts are very little, so the 10% run off is really just a waste I think.

I should have wrote 0.5gal, hehe. It sounds like you've got a solid grasp on what you're doing and what you'd like to do.

It's a pleasure watching your grow!

/Obi

So today I ordered some more nutes and ph strips as I am getting low on a few.
I have opened up all the girls to allow light to penetrate deep down again today, I haven't tied most branches down, I just keep bending them daily.

Here is Tracey#1
image9460.jpeg
image9461.jpeg

Tracey#2
image9462.jpeg
image9463.jpeg

Tracey#3
image9464.jpeg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image9465.jpeg[/

CKS White Widow
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image9469.jpeg
image9470.jpeg

More to come .........

Ok back here again. here is Blueberry unsexed and I do believe she is a female, it's the only pistols I have found so far.
image9466.jpeg
image9467.jpeg
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image9468.jpeg[/[SIZE=1]img] [/SIZE]

I am trying to keep everything at the same height with tying and bending. [img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/image9473.jpeg
image9474.jpeg

Clones in veg box, I guess you would call it
image9477.jpeg
image9476.jpeg

Congrats on the girl! :cheer:

Thanks StillANoob! With females also comes some males, here is Tracey#4 it was pulled from the room tonight. So I'm down to the 3 Tracey's but have 2 clones also, which are in the clone/veg box.
image9483.jpeg
image9482.jpeg

Today I had a little time with the girls, I started out with the lights and putting the glass back in the cool hood. I was getting some heat stress (leaves curling under). I dropped the light to 18" and hit the girls with 1000watts and they really seem to like the light minus the heat. I still have the 1000w mh in right now, next week I will switch to the 1000w hps. The room is vented out and I have yet to put the carbon filter on as the smell is of fresh cut grass, no need to worry yet. But soon.

I went and tied Tracey #1 and #3 down, this will allow the light to go to all those little shoots coming out.
image9537.jpeg
image9538.jpeg
image9539.jpeg
image9540.jpeg

Tracey#2 still undecided what I will do with her, most likely she will be tied down also
image9534.jpeg
image9536.jpeg

The bag seed is looking great but I'm thinking it will turn male, there is a few growths coming that look like nanners. A couple days should be all it takes to know fore sure.
image9543.jpeg

The CKS WW is really stretching out, she will also be tied down as she grows.
image9541.jpeg

Here is the Blueberry and the WW
image9542.jpeg

The 2 WW Clones
image9544.jpeg

And lastly the whole flower room, this is going to fill up nicely. My only problem now is, I will need another 1000watt cool-tube to add to this room so I can continue to add plants as we go along.
image9545.jpeg

Today is day 7 since the flip to 12/12 and the stretch has begun. I gave each girl a complete soaking today, I plugged the hole in the hempy buckets and filled each bucket to the top with full strength nutes, let sit for 5 min or so and then let drain. I also added 1tbsp epson salts and 5ml of blackstrap molasses per gallon in with the nutrients. Ph today is 5.9, temp. Is 82 degrees, humidity 39%.

Let's start with Tracey#1, since the tie down the other day she is starting to produce a lot of shoots and is filling in nicely.
image9622.jpeg

Tracey#2 is really stretching out and started showing flowers.The lowering of the light to 18" and putting the glass back in the hood has slowed her stretch a bit.
Here she is all in one, left and right sides of her and some budding pics.
image9623.jpeg
image9624.jpeg
image9625.jpeg
image9626.jpeg
image9627.jpeg
image9628.jpeg

CKS White Widow and one of her many bud sites.
image9630.jpeg
image9631.jpeg

This bag seed a got from a buddy and I was pretty sure it was going to be male then I seen these little hairs (top left second node down from top) today. So far I have been pretty lucky with the female numbers considering the stress they have been through getting to this point. From 5 bag seed, I ended up with 4 females and 1 male which was Tracey#4.
image9632.jpeg
image9633.jpeg

Here is my flower room in whole and split left and right.
image9635.jpeg
image9636.jpeg
image9637.jpeg

Cheers all, thanks for following :peace:

Great looking plants, hydro! I'm gonna follow along to see the finished product :)

Cheers premedgrow, thanks for stopping by. Girls are really taking off since being locked out A few weeks ago. Buds are popping up everywhere and they are loving the 1000w at 18-20 inches away!

Today everything is looking really good, bud sites showing everywhere! :cheer:
I haven't done anything today just tucked some leaves to expose flowers.
All the girls got a complete soaking 2 days ago. Today most pails are dry and no sign of wilting from any of the girls, so I will watch them closely this afternoon and see if they need a drink. If I see no wilt today by tomorrow morning they will need a good feeding.

Here are some pics of today:

The cloning box:

Blueberry clones 2 & 3. CKS WW #3 I'm keeping for a mother.
image9745.jpeg
image9744.jpeg

I watered these 6 this morning they will be potted up towards the end of the week (2 Bagseed clones, 2 blueberry clones from the large mother in flower, 2 Tracy's) I hope I got that right.
image9743.jpeg

CKS WW she is really stretching.
image9746.jpeg
image9747.jpeg
image9748.jpeg

Tracey's
image9753.jpeg
image9754.jpeg
image9755.jpeg
image9756.jpeg
image9757.jpeg
image9758.jpeg
image9760.jpeg
image9761.jpeg

Bagseed
image9762.jpeg
image9763.jpeg
image9764.jpeg

Blueberry, she has so much new growth in the middle. I'm always tucking leaves on her.
image9751.jpeg
image9752.jpeg

WW clones 1 and 2, I believe I stunted WW#2 with the 1000w, just going to leave her for now and see what she does.
And the blueberry clone in flower she stretched with no growth but starting to fill out now. The other 2 blueberry in the cloning box are doing way better in the coffee containers under 2 - 100w cfl.

image9765.jpeg
image9766.jpeg
image9767.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom