Hypothetical

According to an electrician I spoke to..CFL pulls more watt to light than a LED for example one LED bulb shines as 150W.. it needs 15W to do so
A CFL shining as 100W would need 20W to do so.
Although LED bulbs are slightly more expensive.. in the long run..you save electricity..

My DIY box has aluminum foil..( the cheapest one I could afford at the time) but many people swear by white flat (not shiny) painted walls.
Odour.. depends on strain you want to grow.. I can lead you to a thread with a DIY fan to put in closet.

You are lucky, anytime I am out back to check on my babies.. I have my nosy neighbor practically hanging over the fence...

I thought I knew about CFLs... wow! Thank you, I have learned something today!

I debated between white paint and mylar... And right now, I can''t remember a single reason why I chose mylar other than it being shiny (as in, I like shiny things!). lol!

I'm grateful that this place exists. In a week''s time, I have learned more about this subject than everything I have managed to to learn my entire life!

I'll pile on with flat white paint being the better choice. I started with mylar. It works but it is a PITA. Paint works better, is easier, and it's clean-able (very important feature).

A hypothetical garden, yes! :allgood:

I understand that odour is indeed a problem, so yeah, it is something I must consider. I am planning to grow only one plant as I start this project, to get a feel for what I must deal with if I intend to grow more. The closet is in the back of the house in a small suburban neighborhood of people who pretty much ignore us, esp now that our sons are no longer teenagers and live elsewhere... lol!

The closet has the bathroom plumbing in the shared wall and I was thinking about creating either the inflow or exhaust there. Ultimately, I expect to put some kind of exhaust in the ceiling, venting to the attic.
Sounds great was just reading may I add if ya don't mind start more then one seed if your not sure of the gender and health of the seeds I start 2 at a time good luck and I am on my first grow as well early flower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sounds great was just reading may I add if ya don't mind start more then one seed if your not sure of the gender and health of the seeds I start 2 at a time good luck and I am on my first grow as well early flower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As a matter of fact, I was, indeed, planning to germinate at least two, maybe four of the 8 bag seeds I've got to practice on before I buy the expensive ones! BUT... I discovered this about sexing seeds the other day:

And these are my 8 bag seeds. Pretty sure the four on top are female, the bottom row male, altho the last two in the bottom row looked malformed to me.

sexingseedspic.jpg

I'm liking this journey! lol!

I don't think this works. I've tried it a few times. At first I thought there was something to it, but after doing enough of them, the results are not much different than random selection. It doesn't hurt to try, but don't plan on all females. I hope you prove me wrong! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I don't think this works. I've tried it a few times. At first I thought there was something to it, but after doing enough of them, the results are not much different than random selection. It doesn't hurt to try, but don't plan on all females. I hope you prove me wrong! :cheesygrinsmiley:

See, i posted in the seeds sub-forum, hoping to get some input, but I guess it has been overlooked, or whatever. I'm okay with that, but I really wanted to know what other thought, yay or nay. So thank you! I plan on starting a grow journal with this first practice run, and testing that seed sexing theory is something I plan to do! :high-five:

May as well use the method to pick your seeds. I buy Fem seeds but if I need a method to use when picking regular seeds, seems as good as any

See, i posted in the seeds sub-forum, hoping to get some input, but I guess it has been overlooked, or whatever. I'm okay with that, but I really wanted to know what other thought, yay or nay. So thank you! I plan on starting a grow journal with this first practice run, and testing that seed sexing theory is something I plan to do! :high-five:

Things are coming along, slowly but surely. I am tracking temp and RH of the closet now before I go any firther in gettting the room ready.

And I've decided that the strain for my second grow will be Jack Herer Autoflowering Fem.

I'm so jazzed! :yahoo: :partyboy::party:

Welcome OmaDesala! Id say by my short journey so far just started early this year, the easiest path to take is by copying someone who has somewhat similar situation to you. I know I did to some extend, but I have my owb situation so I had to improvise by copying people all over the place. If you look at my grow journal, at the end of thr day (and I just realized this) I thibk what I have been doing is basically sewing my own grow through patches of other people grow journals. And it has been working, i think, well i will be able to fully proclaim it by the time I harvest sooo... Anyway, i think it is the way to go as a newbie. If you could find someone who perhaps has the kind of situation as yours, well thats golden then!

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good Evening I somehow missed your introduction. So Welcome to 420 :welcome:
Looks like the squad is already jumping in and helping you out, and you are on your way to getting your 1st grow under way. Looking forward to your 1st grow journal.
:thumb:

:welcome: to 420. I'm happy to meet you. I personally don't grow but am more into researching MMJ. However, there are lots and lots of members who will be more than happy to help you with your grow if that's what you want.

Welcome OmaDesala! Id say by my short journey so far just started early this year, the easiest path to take is by copying someone who has somewhat similar situation to you. I know I did to some extend, but I have my owb situation so I had to improvise by copying people all over the place. If you look at my grow journal, at the end of thr day (and I just realized this) I thibk what I have been doing is basically sewing my own grow through patches of other people grow journals. And it has been working, i think, well i will be able to fully proclaim it by the time I harvest sooo... Anyway, i think it is the way to go as a newbie. If you could find someone who perhaps has the kind of situation as yours, well thats golden then!

Which is why I am so grateful and hppy that:420: is here! Thanks for the advice! I've been making links to grow journals that resonate to my needs, so I am in 100% agrrement with you. Off to read yours now! :Namaste:

:welcome: to 420. I'm happy to meet you. I personally don't grow but am more into researching MMJ. However, there are lots and lots of members who will be more than happy to help you with your grow if that's what you want.

Thank you so much! As a matter of fact, I am researching all aspects of this plant, myself, as I plan to become a "squeeky wheel" activist for de-scheduling.

For example (I'm sure you already know this), Insys Corp. has paid a half million to defeat the current upcoming Arizona vote to legalize recreationally. Why? Because they make fentanyl.

If MJ were legal, fentanyl sales (AND accidental overdoses - that which killed Prince!) would go down.

It so sad, our current political cesspool...

Good Evening I somehow missed your introduction. So Welcome to 420 :welcome:
Looks like the squad is already jumping in and helping you out, and you are on your way to getting your 1st grow under way. Looking forward to your 1st grow journal.
:thumb:

Thak you so much! And Yes, this is an awesome place! And I cannot imagine how hard it must be for the devs, but this is the first time I've enjoyed being part of a snark/troll-free zone! All thanks to the DEVS!:adore:

Wow, the new temp/humidity sensor I bought is awesome! And I have discovered that my closet is perfect in temp and humidity ranges! Yeehaw!

If you're curious, it was $50. at Amzn. SensorPush Wireless Thermometer / Hygrometer for iPhone / Android - Humidity & Temperature Smart Sensor with Alerts

Good advice. I do this, too. At the bottom left of each post is an action that says "Blog This Post" and I do that for everything I might want to refer back to.

I don't actually know about the Insys Corp. thing but it doesn't surprise me in the least. Legal marijuana and medical marijuana just might be the kiss of death for some big pharmaceutical companies and that means no income. It's just sad that people care more about making money than producing a product that helps and doesn't hinder.

Thank you so much! As a matter of fact, I am researching all aspects of this plant, myself, as I plan to become a "squeeky wheel" activist for de-scheduling.

For example (I'm sure you already know this), Insys Corp. has paid a half million to defeat the current upcoming Arizona vote to legalize recreationally. Why? Because they make fentanyl.

If MJ were legal, fentanyl sales (AND accidental overdoses - that which killed Prince!) would go down.

It so sad, our current political cesspool...

Back
Top Bottom