Ibrokeit Random Bag Seed - Purple Princess? Bahama Bag Seed - First Grow

ibrokeit

I started this grow to learn basics. I have some auto seeds coming now but wanted to get something growing to test a few lights and growing methods. A few seeds were a random collection of bag seeds, One was a seed from a friend who gets good smoke and he called it Purple Princess=I don't know what the name means, but very good bud, and one seed from a recent trip to the Bahamas for some R&R.
I have 2 rooms approx 4'x7'. In one room I have 2 400watt metal halide lights. They are old High bay shop lights with new bulbs. the other room I have 1-4'x4' 8 bulb T5 which is sitting about 12'' over a cluster of plants, and I have a new 1000w hps with a dome reflector on the way, and I will turn this into the bloom room.
So here is what I have going on: A few plants are in soil, and vary in size and genetics? I attempted one hydro, but there was an incorrect pH or nutrient issue right off. Soooo I had seen a few utube vids of a guy praising his method of "air injected technology" and figured what the heck, the plant is bad off and about to get chopped anyway. Well, 2 days later it looks pretty good. All have been under the t5 for 18/6. I just moved a slower growing one to a large pot and put it under the halides. I have tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries in that room as well.
I will try to upload a few pics.

Since I cant upload pics yet, I will explain what happened in the last 4 months. Most seeds started off in a cup of water and a few in a wet napkin. All were started in jiffy pods and in solo cups under a small grow light from Lowes, 18'' I think. After about 10 days I put them in their new homes. From 2 1/2-5gallon containers. I used Miracle grow soil and some really cheap crap. After 3 weeks was up I used miracle grow fertilizer, they have a 3 part like most hydro kits I have seen. The plants are growing, and from pics I have seen on here I think they are on par. Two of them really aggressive and the others are looking healthy. I have done some topping and bending, and since its my first time im cautious not to get carried away. Fighting the urge to water them obsessively, I rotate them around, push fan leaves off tops, and keep a watch for bugs or heat. I have 2 6'' inline fans coming, but not carbon filter yet. I was just thinking I would run the ducts out the wall. I live way back, trees everywhere, so I don't THINK smell will be a bother till I get the scrubber.
Now back to trying to upload pics

IMG_20160404_220615192.jpg

Ok, working on pics.
3-8 is when I pit them in the pots , they were about 5 days after sprout. I was in a hurry to plant them due to a trip coming up.
just dirt and water for 3 weeks

IMG_20160410_192521520.jpg

I was told the seed came from a purple princess. day 35 ? I could be off by 2 days on these plants but I was very busy with work and family trips when this project started

IMG_20160410_192434007.jpg

General pic of the mix I have going. I fed them at week 3 with the miraclegrow "Grow" fertilizer by the directions on the pkg. I feel I dont water them enough at the time, but the plants seem happy right now so I will continue with the light watering schedule until they tell me otherwise or if anyone has a proven schedule that would improve them

IMG_20160410_192506760.jpg

this one seems to be the fastest/best growing so far.

My question is should/can I start 12/12 on these to determine sex and clone if I choose? I have ordered several autos that should be good stuff, and also females. They are my goal (autos), and most of the current plants were only to serve as a guideline as to what method I could do (soil, hydro, aero).

IMG_20160411_193724598.jpg

IMG_20160411_193739479.jpg

Do you think my plan B would be foolish? Start most on a 12/12 and discard males, keep 1-2 in veg to learn more LST tricks, and start my new autos that came in today??? If 18/6 is good for autos, they can share the room with the ones that will be in veg, and with my produce?

Mostly a ramble on about what I was up to earlier tonight. I decided to change up the grow set up for a few reasons, most important was a flower room is now needed. Another reason is to see what lights work best for my room. I now have 3 sites.
the smallest room is approx. 4'x3' 6''x7' lined with 1'' foam board with foil. In this room I installed a 1000w hps . Timer is set 12/12 and I threw a plant in there. We shall see if it's a girl.
Middle room is 4'x4'6''x7', it has same walls with t5 4' 8 bulb and has 16/8 and I kept 3 plants that were already in there.
Big room is 8'x4'x7' with 2 400w metal halides on 18/6 and have a decent garden going with 4 plants in there as well.
I have fans in each room , now time for exhaust since the temps are already reaching high 80's.
No matter the outcome of these plants I am having fun, and grow 2 is about to start!!! WWxl, pinapple, dark devil, dark cream, lsd128?, critical, 2 mixed budda, and girl scout cookies.

Well then... You've just impressed me. So I'd say your plan B is functional, especially if you're wanting to experiment and learn. If power costs aren't a big problem then it sounds good to me. If they can all fit in two areas then obviously the best option is to run Mh for veg 18/6, and Hps for flower 12/12, but you got it...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I will see how much the power bill moves up this month, the grow site is the only draw on that meter, and it costs me around 40 a month for service so I can get an accurate number.
New seeds are sprouting, and SOMEHOW I ummm....misplaced one??? No lsd this round. I have more seeds, but I kinda wanted all to be born on the same day lol.
Couple of pics, and I decided to name one of them for some reason. Meet Medusa.....
IMG_20160414_154601465.jpg

Back
Top Bottom