Icemud's LED Grow - The Tangie Pheno Hunt

Icemud.....:hug: Sweet, how you helped spread the cloud for the plant, wasn't it? Now, THATS a plant driven to keep the genetic code going. You gotta admire that in a species, don't you? So sorry it turned out to be our favorite. I actually screamed "Noooooo!" Inside my head when I read it. Regroup. :love: With all the seeds you just helped create none are worth keeping, are they? I'm still working at understanding the process of breeding.

Again,... Sorry :hug:

Fuck man sorry to hear that. The best way to move her is spray her down real good with water. Hopefully the fan wasn't on too high to spread that pollen around. One way to prevent pollination is to kill pistils by spraying low pH water on them. No pistils no seeds. It's like there vagina lol.

I sprayed them down really good so hopefully it was enough to deactivate most of the pollen but since this is a first for me in my grows I'm curious how everything will turn out. I guess all and all if they don't produce sinsemella at least I will have enough seeds to play johnny potseed for a while ;) lol

You're definitely going to get seeds. :straightface: I've had enough hermies to know. :laughtwo:

ehhhh... not what I was hoping to hear... but I guess gotta learn somewhere... Too bad I didn't have any other flowering strains in there, because then I would have had some cool crosses...haha oh well live and learn right :) thanks Graytail for your input and I definitely now will not get my hopes up for this one and just see what happens :)

My condolences! Suffering from hermism myself but thankfully only 1 plant in flower room. Shouldnt be an issue for other plants, but damnit i wanted her!:rollingeyes:

Yep.. I guess if they seed then I will call the strain Bruce Jenner

Icemud.....:hug: Sweet, how you helped spread the cloud for the plant, wasn't it? Now, THATS a plant driven to keep the genetic code going. You gotta admire that in a species, don't you? So sorry it turned out to be our favorite. I actually screamed "Noooooo!" Inside my head when I read it. Regroup. :love: With all the seeds you just helped create none are worth keeping, are they? I'm still working at understanding the process of breeding.

Again,... Sorry :hug:

I couldn't believe how big of a "puff" of pollen was created when the plant shook... uhhhhgggg oh well. Yea the plant was clandestine on its agenda of re population for sure. It is pretty amazing on how it decided to keep its genetics alive, I only wish I would have noticed it sooner but since I've never done seeds before I guess its good I learned now. Couldn't imagine if I had a huge room or commercial grow and this happened. I love growing because it always throws a curveball from time to time and make one need reseach more to perfect the future outcomes :)

I'm curious what the seeds will represent if they grow. Trying to think back to biology class and genetics and my thoughts would be if it is a female dominant x hermi, my guess would be 3/4 chance to be female? or would it be 1/2? anyone want to chime in on this one? I have a lot to learn in the world of breeding :) cool, new study material :)

Anyone know if I were to chop off the buds, throw the plants back into 18/6 for a few weeks and then flower them again if it would help hinder the pollination process?

I love growing because it always throws a curveball from time to time and make one need reseach more to perfect the future outcomes :) ............

I'm curious what the seeds will represent if they grow. Trying to think back to biology class and genetics and my thoughts would be if it is a female dominant x hermi, my guess would be 3/4 chance to be female? or would it be 1/2? anyone want to chime in on this one? I have a lot to learn in the world of breeding :) cool, new study material :)

This is why I follow you Icemud - this joy you feel when some new learning experience raises its head. :battingeyelashes:

While I was trimming off foliage I noticed a leaf that had white spots all over it, and I was like..."oh no...not spidermites" so I carefully removed the leaf, used my flashlight and 30x lupe and inspected the underside of the bud, no eggs, no mites.... and I think to myself "WTF?"

Gee the exact same thing happened to me except when I broke out my pocket microscope dropped it onto the leaf I had a spider mite dead center in perfect focus staring back at me. When it happened to me I was like OH F#@K. After reading what happened to you I actually feel kind of lucky now.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

This is why I follow you Icemud - this joy you feel when some new learning experience raises its head. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Sweetsue! I love to experience it all, the good and the bad because it just increases my knowledge of the whole picture :) Hopefully next time I will be a lot more observant and careful and catch them earlier...

Gee the exact same thing happened to me except when I broke out my pocket microscope dropped it onto the leaf I had a spider mite dead center in perfect focus staring back at me. When it happened to me I was like OH F#@K. After reading what happened to you I actually feel kind of lucky now.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

Thanks Older grower for your condolences... Yea I don't know what would have been better, well definitely not PM, but mites now I know how to eradicate 100% so I would have much rather had mites than pollen, but oh well. Learning experience.

At this point I'm not sure what to do...

Option 1- to finish off this flowering cycle and see what happens. Is there more hermies that will pop up? did I act quick enough with the water to prevent the pollenation? Will I get beans that are mostly female, or will they be 50/50 chance of being female or hermie? hmmm

Option 2- since I have a identical clone of each do I start over, scrap this grow and start over? I could veg out all the tangie youngins I have, take clones and then flower them, removing plant 7 (actually already did this) At least then I know I will get a true female grow with no chances of seeds, unless one of the other plants decides to hermi.... HMMM

I'm leaning towards option 1 because at least I may get some meds out of it, even if they are seeded, plus I will have a ton of seeds on hand for future planting or experimenting with.... but I almost feel it might be better to just scrap it all and start fresh with my clones/vegging tangies, and at least then I know that so far they are all female...

Hmmm.. may have to see what others suggest. I have no problem letting the plants go, if I will still get good seeds out of the results, but if all the seeds will have hermi traits, then it might be better to just scrap it and start over. I know in about 2 weeks I will be testing a new light brand, so I may just wait until I get the lights, and decide then. Hmmmm any suggestions of those who have had this happen?

I would just leave them be and see them to the end. You don't know how its going to turn out. You have enough plants that you might only have a few that are heavily seeded while the rest are still manageable. You will notice seeds pretty soon (2-3 weeks?). Maybe take it that far and decide what to do from there when you have a better idea?

Plus. Tangie Seeds!

I would just leave them be and see them to the end. You don't know how its going to turn out. You have enough plants that you might only have a few that are heavily seeded while the rest are still manageable. You will notice seeds pretty soon (2-3 weeks?). Maybe take it that far and decide what to do from there when you have a better idea?

Plus. Tangie Seeds!

I agree. When I've had an undiscovered hermie, I've gotten seeds mostly in the lower growth, and most buds were only pollenated enough to be annoying when it came time to smoke the product. It's worth waiting and watching for a couple weeks.

I agree. When I've had an undiscovered hermie, I've gotten seeds mostly in the lower growth, and most buds were only pollenated enough to be annoying when it came time to smoke the product. It's worth waiting and watching for a couple weeks.

Ya plus with tangie being a fairly euphoric uppy buzz, if its potency takes a bit of a hit it will still be a pleasurable smoke. Plus the flavor would still be there.

Plus. Tangie Seeds!

I think most likely that is what I will do, having a few handfuls of Tangie seeds wouldn't be a bad thing. Luckilly I didn't have any circulation fans on at the time so hopefully the cloud of pollen didn't spread far, when I watched it it looked like it mostly hit the plant directly behind it (#3) and may have brushed #4 and #8 but didn't seem to spread towards the others too much.

Icemud, if your LED light has no green in its spectrum, use a green light at sleep time. This will cut down on hermies a lot.

Interesting, but I think I will keep them dark during night night time...lol. I have read about morphological effects from using green at night but I appreciate the suggestion.

Thanks for Chiming in Graytail! I appreciate your insight :) I'm hoping that I get some good unseeded bud still, but either way I guess it will be good, seeds are always a nice thing to have :)

Back
Top Bottom