Icy's 2k Coco Adventure - 97 Blue Moonshine x Purple NL#5 & NL#5 x Tripoli Wicked

Nice descriptions, great job on the pheno hunt.
There is 1 phenotype of Malawi that is insanely potent, probably due to thcv. I’d like to find that one.
Thanks man, doing my best to keep up w the journal. This is only my 3rd grow in coco, so im still learning the medium. I grew in DWC for many years before making the switch..love coco so far, but im always learning new things.

On the malawi.. sounds killer. Definitely worth looking for. If you dont have more seed, I wonder if you could breed with your cut and search for those high THCV traits in the plants from the resulting cross (though it wouldnt be pure malawi, so maybe this would defeat the purpose). Or, you could self your malawi and work through those seeds.. though i'll say i have zero experience regarding selfing as far as how it affects the resulting plants, or if its a viable method to use for breed stock (maybe not, due to the nature of the act). In any case if you do go on the hunt for that pheno, good luck man. If you're like me..you enjoy the thrill of the chase as well :cool:

will be back here to post some lights-out photos later on tonight

Day 49 Flower Pix:

Heres a bunch of pics i snapped after lights out :yummy:. Sending you all positive vibes, and hope everyone had a nice dank 4/20

BM1
BM2
BM4

BM5

BM6

BM7
BM?
Madd2

Madd3

Harvest day pics:

Chopped the lot at day 57. Some of the plants could have used another week, but most were ready. I hit them with a gradual 10 day flush, incrementally decreasing the feed day by day, until it was just tap. Got some really nice colors on some, solid frost too. I quick dried a lower bud from Madd2(the one I was most eager to try)..solid purp and it kicked my ass, some of the best chronic I've puffed in 10 yrs.. my hats off to the breeder. Excited to try the others to see if any of them can hold a torch to it. Next time round with the keepers I'm gonna push them the extra week and see how much better they can get.

Madd3

Madd2

Madd1

BM1
BM2

BM3
BM4

BM5

BM6
BM7

BM9

I'll be back in ~a week-ish to post a final summary with yields, and some trimmed bud shots :thanks:

Nug pics & Post-Harvest notes:

Ive selected the best phenos to be kept based on scent, flavor, resin coverage, potency of effect, and most importantly quality & uniqueness of the high.

Keepers:
BM6 and BM7 from the 97'Blue Moonshine x Purple NL#5 f3 pack
Madd2 and Madd3 from the NL#5 x Tripoli Wicked pack.

Overall Impressions:

Bigworm genetics' 97'Blue Moonshine x Purple NL#5 f3's: Stable plants. Homogenous enough that they could be grown together but different enough that there was a wide array of traits displayed for selection. Medium tolerance to stress, a bit sensitive to N, likes lots of Mag. Some plants were colorful. Decent vigor, some stretch. Good yield potential with selection, plant training, and dialing it all in.

Madd Farmers' NL#5 x Tripoli Wicked: Stable. Had a poor germination ratio, but very impressed with the plants I ended up with. Pretty homogenous but with just enough variation, as the others were. Very exotic, and unique genetics. Can't speak highly enough about these. As an indica lover, im in heaven. Tolerant to stress. Probably could have hit them with more N to get them larger. Grew slowly with little stretch, below avg yield potential (but the quality more than makes up for it).

Yield:

I think the lowest yielder came in at 2oz, and the highest came in at around 2.7oz, so not much disparity between the yields. My total was around 24oz, however having only used about 70% of the canopy space, im satisfied. Im sure If run from clone, dialed, and utilizing the entire canopy; most of these plants could hit 3.5-4oz(9 plants per 1k), so theres yield potential there. But the Madd Farmer plants would need an extra 2-3 weeks of veg, and more nitrogen, to even hit the 3oz marker as they veg slowly and do not fill in much during the stretch.

Photos of the keepers below (not to take anything away from the others, but they just didnt make the mark)

Madd3 - Funky beast. Dark green nugs with bits of purp. Smell is completely unique. It's thick (almost offensive, like the plant smell was), pungent and earthy with a subtle grapey undertone. Smoke is 100% KO, almost entirely felt in the body, very sedating, euphoric. Old school taste. Believed to have the most NL#5 influence

Madd2 - Purple beauty. Very colorful buds, purple everywhere. Smell is much less pervasive than Madd3, but its altogether delightful. Sweet and grapey, flowery, with slight earthy funk undertones. Smoke is pleasing and relaxing, with a mellow and happy headiness; youll get the grins. Although you could easily go to sleep on it, it doesn't force its hand, which is nice. 80/20 body to head effect, pretty functional for being such a heavy indica. Tastes urkley, sweet, earthy, grapey. It tastes exactly how I imagine the color purple would taste. Believed to have the most Purple Urkle influence

BM7 - Heady pheno. Terp profile is completely different than the other plants from the same pack (almost makes me think it could be from a different pack or entirely different genetics, who knows). Very frosty and light green. Smells overwhelmingly like citrus, lemon, and wood. Very euphoric heady effects, but with an amazing chill body vibration. 60/40 head to body effects. Cloud 9 type effect, instantly sends you to a different realm of thought. Tripping out to your favorite music, or lying in a field watching the clouds roll by, this bud is bliss. Very clean and hashy tasting. Tastes like smoking pure trichome.

BM6 - Stinker. This bud is very leafy by comparison, however all the sugar leaves are so caked in resin that its not a problem. Smells overwhelmingly of sweet tropical fruits (pineapple and papaya specifically), very pungent and mouth watering. Smoke is 80/20 body to head. Very giggly, happy, euphoric indica dominant high that starts in the face and slowly moves downward. Tastes very sweet and earthy. Not as unique as the other 3 keepers, but the smell was so pungent that I simply had to keep it.

Well thats it folks, til next time. Hope you enjoyed the show as much as I enjoyed the grow ;):peace:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom