Ilikebike's Soil Bagseed Grow 2011

c0ol man i appreciate it. Im getting kind of discouraged because its taking my seedlings longer than usual to push the tail out. They have all cracked and i can see some white, but it just feels like they are taking for ever to grow. its been well over 48 hours since i started to germ them in a cup of water. the only light they got while they were germinating was when i took the lid off to see how they were. the seeds are kind of old. I think i am going to plant them tonight, even if the tails havent fully extended, for some reason i feel like they might do better in the soil. does any one have any words of encouragement for me?

Don't sweat that seeds not pushing huge tap roots. Some of the seeds I've planted, barely showed a white tip and they did fine. Just remember, this is nature we're dealing with and nature always has a way. :)

How big is your grow space? You still have just the one light?

i still have the one light, i need to get to the hardware store soon, i am going to add some more flouruos of all different lighting spectrum. as for how much space i have its hard to say because the roof is at an angle so the square footage is greater in the bottom of the room but as you go up, you loose square footage. id say its atleast 5'x5'x3'tall

ok so i added another light in there, got to go to the store today to get more bulbs and light sockets. heres what it is looking like now, i have 15 seeds planted and i have 9 more germinating. I planted 7 of the seeds 3 days ago and i planted 8 of them last night. i will give the other 9 seeds till about 12am to germinate then i am going to plant them as well. so i will have a total of 24 seeds planted. I am planing on more than half of the plants to not succeed or to be male that's why i planted so many.

DSCN00142.jpg
DSCN00134.jpg
DSCN00123.jpg
DSCN00113.jpg
DSCN00105.jpg

Threw in a nice snap shot not to far away from my house

PS: another concern of mine is it is still getting pretty chilly here at night probly around 40*F. Will this keep the seed from sprouting? should i put a space heater in there?

Over Head Light (13 watt soft white)

DSCN00134.jpg

What i used to germinate the second batch of seeds

DSCN00142.jpg

All 24 seeds have been planted, more than half had 1/2'' white tails

times043_001.jpg
times043_006.jpg

The Lighting Arrangment (2x 27watt natrual light, 23 watt day light, 68 watt soft white)

times043_002.jpg

Ventilation has an Intake and an Outtake, along with a small desk fan for air circulation

times043_003.jpg
times043_004.jpg
times043_005.jpg

Side view

times043_007.jpg

So i planted the 2 batches of seeds a few days apart which shouldnt be too bad. The seeds germinated alot faster when i used the paper towle method and put it in a very warm spot, oppose to the cup of water method just in my closet. The second batch germinated alot better and faster. in a day , most of the seeds had tails, so 24 seeds have been planted. i am planing on less than half of them actually making it thats why i planted so many for such a small space. like i said i want to use the screen of green method since the horizontal space is greater than the vertical. When the soil gets dry should i mist it down with a spray bottle? i dont want to drown the seeds at such an early stage of its life but the soil gets dry in about a day or 2.

I had to wait a while for some of mine to show, about 5-7 days. I also planting them a bit deeper than 1/4". What I did to check if they were coming along was gently move the soil on top of the seed trying not to touch the seed and see what was going on. I was lucky not to mess them up, they ended up coming through nicely. Just stick in there, Im sure you will see something soon - I always find the begining takes longest. Best of luck bro.

i know i am very impatient and i know that growing things takes patients. im glad to know that you planted yours deeper than 1/4'' it probly is just going to take longer since the light isnt penetrating the soil. Also i know your not suppose to water the seedlings much but my dirt is gettin dry in a day. should i move the lights farther away from the soil? i have just been taking a spray bottle and lightly misting the soil, is this ok? thanks for the help!

probly deeper than that. is there any thing i can do now to fix that? or are they done for?

You can simply scrape a little soil off the top of the seeds without even touching the seeds. As said above...make sure your soil temp isnt above 80F. If so, move the lights further away. Misting the seeds with a sprayer is a good choice... keep it up.

Everything's looking good bike. Just remember that this is a plant and that it's going to take a while for it to grow. Plants do that. :) Also, misting the surface to keep it moist is a great idea. You don't want the seedlings to dry out. Once they sprout, you'll want to back off on the watering to every 2 or 3 days and then when you have a few nodes, about once a week.

Back
Top Bottom