Ilikebike's Soil Bagseed Grow 2011

Subscribed.

I want to see you pull this off Ilikebike.

Because at first glance I thought, no way. Too many problems with that space.

But here you are coming up with solutions. I love it.

Don't worry about those dead seedlings. All part of the learning process. My first grow I killed 8 out of 10 and nearly killed 1 of the survivors in flower but she survived. And both surviving plants provided me with some great smoke.

If the temps get too high in the summer, you might have to ditch that HPS for CFLs. That's the only potential problem I see if it gets really hot where you live.

I'll throw my 2 cents in if I have anything to add. Good luck.

hey thanks dude. ive moved the grow op into another house. Its more private plus there is way more space. They are in a closet now with ventilation so temps will no longer be an issue. Ill snap some photos next time im there.

Good thinking on the video up loader. that shit would be convenient. but since they let you use youtube they probly wouldnt do it

so the plants r gettin HUGE! im going to try and take pics next time im with them. I have a few questions, When will i be able to find out the sex of the plant? can i tell while its still in vegetative stage or do i have to wait till i switch the light cycle to see any signs of sex. also, when can i start taking clones from a mother plant (Presuming the sex is female)? i want to be able to clone the plant before its to late. Also should i cut some of the lower leaves off of the plant, since they are not gettin much light now? any help would be great and ill get pics up as soon as i can:420:

Hey bike! I was concerned that you abandoned your journal since you hadn't posted in a while. Glad you're still around.

As far as sexing a plant, I'm not the best at it, but I will tell you that you need to switch to a flowering cycle before you can tell the sex of a plant. There are some gimmicky "pre-flowering" ways of sexing a plant but they aren't very reliable.

You can start cloning a mother as soon as she has enough leaves to allow some to be taken. This is usually around 4 weeks of veg. Some people wait til 8 or even 12 weeks to make sure that there is still enough leaves left on the mother that she won't die. Keep in mind, that I'm not an expert on cloning either and that there may be someone else who would be better suited to help you with that.

About trimming up the lower leaves - There are two schools of thought on this. The first is, those leaves are there for a reason, they take the light, convert it to energy, and then feed it into the plant. The second is that those big fan leaves are blocking the light to the lower bud sites and they should be removed so the buds can get the energy they need.

Personally, I go with the first, those are there for a reason and they shouldn't be removed until the plant drops it. I have seen grows where people trim the leaves up and honestly, I can't tell a difference. I think that by trimming the bigger leaves off, you're only trading the place where the buds get their growth energy from the fan (or sun) leaves to the leaves that are in the actual bud.

Hope that helps, and get some pictures. We want to see these new fancy digs you're plants are in. :grinjoint:

i can take a clone from a plant and the plant still be ok rite?? cause im gettin ready to take some clones, prolly 2 from 2, but i wanna ask some more questions before i just go and chop you know..i got some cloning gel from technaflora and some from hydroponixs, so i'll prolly try both kinds to test them out..and them im gonna put them in pellets and then prolly into soil, but what should i keep them in until their ready to put in soil?? let me know what you guys think..

thats a good idea rek. im thinking of doing a SOG next grow so i would like to take up to 20 clones ( If thats possible to do from 3 plants)

Well if you want 20 clones you will need to have some good size plants. Again, pics of the plants would help me to guesstimate how much time till you can produce that many clones.

-Rek

i can take a clone from a plant and the plant still be ok rite?? cause im gettin ready to take some clones, prolly 2 from 2, but i wanna ask some more questions before i just go and chop you know..i got some cloning gel from technaflora and some from hydroponixs, so i'll prolly try both kinds to test them out..and them im gonna put them in pellets and then prolly into soil, but what should i keep them in until their ready to put in soil?? let me know what you guys think..

Yes, you can take a clone from a plant and it will be perfectly ok.

Make sure you flush your girls the day before you take cuttings. Having nuts in there will make it much harder to have a successful clone. Get a sharp, sterile, clean knife or razor blade. Get your rooting gel/hormone. Pellets are a good way to start if you have them already.

Simply fill a cup with pH'd or distilled water, grab the razor or cutter that you have chosen. You need to decide if you want to take clones from the top or the bottom of the plants. Its up to you. Go down about 3 nodes on a branch and cut a 45deg angle right below the node. Place the cutting right into the water right away! Then place the tip in the rooting gel and cover well and then put it in your growing medium (pellets). I like to scrape a thin layer off the bottom of the cutting to give a nice surface area for roots to grow from..but you dont need to use that technique.

-Rek

updated pics, i just pinched one of the plants stems and bent it at a 90 degree angle to try to get some more bud growth.

1aass_008.jpg
1aass_007.jpg
1aass_006.jpg
1aass_005.jpg
1aass_004.jpg
1aass_003.jpg
1aass_002.jpg
1aass_001.jpg

The plant in pic 4 and 6 look thirsty. Or is there something else wrong with it? Hope all is ok. Great pics! You look to be ready to take a few clones now if you wanted. At least from pic 2 you can take off some of the lower branches to clone to switch to 12/12 to sex. OR you can wait longer.

Also, check out my nug on NOTM. Its in my signature and voting started. Looks like im up for Member of the month too. Jeez Im popular ;)

-Rek

damn i keep writin shit and then i end up forgettin to post it and then when i come back to the page im wonderin where my shit went and then realize it, but your lookin good, little droopy but definitely lookin healthy and green!!! i was thinkin about takin my parabolic dome out and puttin it in the bottom of my cab facin up so the buds on the bottom get light, maybe throw 2 cfls in it that im not usin, but lookin good bro lookin good!!! :thumb:

things r gettin huge!! tallest one is almost at 2 feet. gonna have to start budding them as soon as i get an hps conversion bulb. Does any one know roughly how much they cost? or better yet can any one direct me towards a trusted website that sells them.

some of the lower branches and leaves on the plants r turning yellow and falling off, is this from lack of light because of the canopy of leaves above the lower ones or is it nute burn? its a very light colored yellow but they come right off the stock just by brushing your hand over them. Other than that the main leaves look great, nice and fat and wide, defiantly lookin indica strain to me. Nice deep rich green color. ill post pics as soon as i can do it! pce and love

Yellowing lower leaves is usually caused by lack of nitrogen. That doesnt have to implement your soil is lacking nitrogen, they could have trouble taking it up. from my experience, too much water can cause lack of general nutrients uptake or lack of phosphorous ( also causes thin stems ) can cause it too. Most soils and fertilizers contain enough Kalium for the veg stage.
So you shall have to try couple of things:
-More nutrients
-Less water, with or with out raising nutrient dosage
-Rebalancing nutrients, adding more or less of N and or P

Really tiny lower leaves, I shouldnt worry about, only if the bigger lower leaves start to yellow, and especially if the yellowing starts to move upwards rapidly. In that case it's almost always lack of nutrients, specially nitrogen in veg stages.

Looks good though, they will consume less nitrogen when they go into budding stage of the flowering stage slowly. Keep up the good work. :)

Back
Top Bottom