Ilikebike's Soil Bagseed Grow 2011

ya im gettin some good air flow, i bought some plant food Schultz 10-15-10 plant food plus. when can i put a few drops in my water bucket? i bought a thermometer also its was like 93*F earlyer in the day so it is def gettin hot as fuck, the humidity was at 47* is that good? gonna have to wait till next week to get the bigger vent system. ill post pics when i can

thats what i do i just leave my door open on the cab that way the air circulates in there, the temps are at 88 right now, i fuckin hate the summer time, atleast next week the a/c is gonna be fixed so we'll have that on so it should cool down in here hopefully..

ok well i have been runnin my a/c in my room for a few hours with the box fan sucking the cold air into the grow room. the temp is 83*F in the cab and 87*F under the lights (with the 400watt MH on too) i am just going to have to continue to do this untill i can afford a new vent system. im pretty sure its coming up on week 4 for the plants i want to start adding nutes but i am going to post pics of them first before i do. to get a second opinion.

I am going to refer to the plants as "A, B, C"

A is the biggest one is about 4'' tall (Measured from soil to tallest leaf) it looks pretty healthy. I am starting to have a pest problem, how can i go about fixing this? thanks for the help

Hey bike, as far as the fan you have set up, any movement is good, you just want the hot air out and cold air in. Having the fan pull the hot air out seems to be working, so I'd leave it. Just remember that when you upgrade your ventilation system that you want the air to exchange about 5 times a minute so you need to calculate the cubic feet of the room (length x width x height) and then find a fan that does that number time 5. For example, if you have a space that is 10 feet long by 4 feet wide by 4 feet high your cubic feet would be 160 cu/ft. You would want to find a fan that moved 800 cu/ft per minute. You would still be okay with a 3 times a minute exchange but much less than that and you run the risk of mold.

Most people end up going with some form of a vent fan for restrooms that are wired onto a plug. However, I don't know much about that. My setup is in a box that is 2' x 2.5' x 5' and my fan moves about 80 cu/ft a minute so I'm getting just above 4 times a minute.

like he said, you should have the fan sucking the hot air out of the cabinet and the cold air will make its way in from the fan suckin it around the sides of the fan into the cab..lol hope that dont sound confusing.. cant wait to see some new pics bro!!! post'em post'em!!! :tokin:

the temps are still in the high 80's during the day time. and thats with the door open and the box fan sucking in cold ac air. the humidity is staying the same around 30% i left my 5gallon water bucket uncovered so hopefully some of it will be evaporated and create moisture, i have a feeling this tempature situation is going to be the death of my plants

Well, summer is the worst time to grow. All beginners learn that fast. lol Some people dont grow during summer or they break down and buy a personal A/C unit for there plants. Is your a/c on all day?

-Rek

it could be. also i could probly conrstruct an air vent so that i could have the ac in my room blowing straight into the grow room. would that work?

you can buy window ac units that run non-stop, i used to have one, had a remote and everything, you could definitely rig somethin up to get the air into the cab and that would make it better.. im have problems with temps rite now aswell so i went ahead and lowered the shelf that i have my plants on so that theres more room between the light and plants, well before i did this they all were droopy and just didin't look good, well when i lowered them they perked rite back up and look way better and it also made the temps lower aswell, they used to stay around 88 now they stay around 84 which is good for me and the humidity is at 55-60, so in my opinion you should raise your lights alittle bit, it should definitely help..but like i said thats just my opinion..

you can buy window ac units that run non-stop, i used to have one, had a remote and everything, you could definitely rig somethin up to get the air into the cab and that would make it better.. im have problems with temps rite now aswell so i went ahead and lowered the shelf that i have my plants on so that theres more room between the light and plants, well before i did this they all were droopy and just didin't look good, well when i lowered them they perked rite back up and look way better and it also made the temps lower aswell, they used to stay around 88 now they stay around 84 which is good for me and the humidity is at 55-60, so in my opinion you should raise your lights alittle bit, it should definitely help..but like i said thats just my opinion..

i did raise the lights a few inches a couple days ago. maybe its time to move them again. are you talking about the ac units that sit inside the house and have a little vent going ot the window? i think thats what i should use but those r fucking expensive.

my temps are gettin a little ridiculous

| Max | Min |
Cab Temp| 109*F| 73*F |
Plant Temp| 107*F| 72*F |

Humidity is Minimum 26% - Maximum 57%

Current temps before i opened the cab door were 97*F in the cab and a retarded 103*F near the plants. and thats with the 2 small vent fans going, a desk fan, and a box fan all running at full speed. After i leave the cab door open for a few hours the temps should drop drastically.:roorrip:

take that box fan and turn it around so it sucks the hot air out faster, i realized when you point the fan into the cab all it does is keep the hot air in the cab recirculating, and if you raise the lights that gives it more room so the hot air is not sittin rite on the plants because you only got the lights acouple inches off the plants so theres nowhere for the heat to go, i hope you get my drift and hopefully it works for you cause them kinda temps aren't gonna cut it, 103 is way too high.. i mean it dont hurt to give it a try what im talkin about rite, let me know what you think..

its 3 in the morning over here and the temps are down to a low 80*F. I raised the light up a few inches and moved the plants around so that the small desk fan inside is blowing on all of them. the box fan is suckin air out and blowing it into my room. Im still planing on buyin two big fans for intake/outake ventilation. I just really haven't had the money latley. one of the plants is growing tho. slightly discolored on a few leaves but looks healthy the leaves arent curving and it is standing up strong. Im going to keep at it. hopefully i get the situation under control soon. I have a quick question. if the plants stay healthy when can i start taking clones from it?:peacetwo:

Just got back from the store. i installed (2) 6'' In-Line Duct Fans that move 250 CFM

one is sucking air in from outside and the other is pusing air outside. i still have those (2) 4'' fans, one intake. one outake. How should i have the vents running? Should they all be exhaust? since it is hot outside i guess that would be the best idea. here are some pics

So this is what i am using as ventilation... The fans inside the cab are on 24/7 and the big box fan is set to exhaust when i am home. with the door open of course.
ass_001.jpg
ass_004.jpg
ass_002.jpg
ass_005.jpg

This is Plant "A" The best one out of the 3. i just misted it down with some of my 1/4 strength nutrient water.
ass_006.jpg
ass_007.jpg
ass_010.jpg

This is plant "B". It sprouted a little later than plant "A" but still looks healthy and feels strong, i still have hope for this (Hopefully) girl.
ass_008.jpg
ass_009.jpg

And last but not least is plant "C". i started this plant a few weeks after the other 2 and i watered it with nutrient water so i think it may be suffering along with the hot hot temps i think i might take this one out of the grow room, i feel like it is a lost cause

ass_011.jpg

Grow cab

ass_013.jpg
ass_012.jpg

SOG= sea of green i assume. is that when you use chicken wire to spread the branches so that the plant grows a large canopy? please enlighten me. i would still like to do it if i have the chance. also i am going to get another grow cab ready so that i can veg in one and flower in the other. thanks for all your help so far i hope these new fans will help. the big question is SHOULD I SET ALL FANS TO EXHAUST? thank you
ass_009.jpg
ass_008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom