In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Introduction

Well, if I can start this journal off anywhere I will have to start by mentioning the inspiration I have gained from the 420 Magazine and the people within it. The atmosphere and willingness to help by people around this site is next to none. I have met some great people here and the list continues to grow everyday. If I was to mention all the people that have inspired me to create this journal the list would be to long that I would probably forget to mention someone. So, everyone participating with and encouraging the positive environment keep it up because it doesn't go unnoticed. I'm honored to have a journal amongst the greats!

Anyway, lets get to it! I'm so excited to start this journey! I'm a Canadian grower. I have been using cannabis for about 10 years (not as a registered recipient) to treat my ADHD and other attention issues. Over the course of 2014 I was involved in a motor vehicle accident that gave my head a serious shake. It took me 6 months to recover well enough to return to work but, still with continuous back and knee pain. After 3 months at work I was then involved in a work accident that resulted in another head injury. I have been off work with intense back pain. In that time I was prescribed medicinal cannabis. And it sure feels great to be on the right side of the line :).

Never has growing my own cannabis been so important to me. I feel it is imperative that I take it slow and try to understand every step and process to ensure the most effective and reliable product. I believe in the 6 P's: Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

[COLOR="#0000FF"Now for the meat of the Journal: ][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Strains[/COLOR]

AUTO TUTANKHAMON
To create this autoflowering version Pyramid Seeds started from a cross between a ruderalis and an indication for greater size and rapid-flowering. They have obtained cross pollinated by Tutankhamon for a autoflowering with personality. This easy to grow herb is an excellent and productive plant, with a fresh fruit taste and long lasting psychoactive effects.

Genetics: Tutankhamon x Rudelaris and Indica
Indoor: 7/8 weeks
Outdoor: 55 days since seedling
Yield: 450-550 gr/m2
THC: 20%
CBD: 1.5%
CBN: 0.4%

AUTO ANESTHESIA
Anesthesia, is a mix of two selected strains such as Northern Lights and Black Domina, which result is an overwhelming hybrid; a plant with the features of a great Indica: delicious, rich in resins, dense and with an abundant dark green foliage, it’s very appropriate to become a mother because of its fast growing characteristics. This is a sedative and powerful plant. Moderate use is recommended. Anesthesia is very suitable to mitigate the effects of certain illnesses thanks to its unique behavior. Its cultivation is easy for beginners as well as for those who are after plants to clone successfully; and overall, for those who are looking for powerful effects and Indica aromas.

Genetics: Northern Lights and Black Domina
Indoor: 7 weeks
Yield: 550 g/m2
THC: 17% - 20%
Type: Indica

MATARO BLUE
This variety was the winner in the indica category of the 2012 Medicinal Canada Cup. Mataro Blue is a three-way cross featuring the best of several predominantly indica strains. Indica-rich Blueberries, a very good resin producer Afghan (Mazar-i-Sharif) and Black Domina. Mataro Blue forms a thick central bud, hardening because of the number of flowers that form overlapping bunches. Flowers, eventually becoming covered in a thick coat of sticky resin. The flowering cycle is 58-65 days, so it will be ready for harvesting in early September. It works very well outdoors, occupying a circumference of several square metres. With good trimming, the plants will grow into large bushes up to 2 m tall. The smell is very deep, with a hint of bitter orange and THC level is very high. It has been highly valued for its medicinal and therapeutic effects.

Genetics: Blueberry x Afghan x Black Domina
Indoor: 58-65 days
Yield: 500 g/m2
THC: 24%
Type: Indica

BLUEBERRY HEADBAND
Humboldt Seeds Organizations Blueberry Headband was bred from DJ Short’s original Blueberry and HSO’s F3 Emerald Headband. This strain has been bred for a few more generations to reach an F6 status. The aggressive and fast growth is ideal for SCROG but may need a little more nitrogen than normal and large, rock hard, egg shaped colas taper all the way down the stem but be aware not to trim too much off.

Genetics: Blueberry & Emerald Headband
Indoor:49-56 days
Yield: high
THC: 17%-20%
Type: 75%Indica 25%Sativa

* All information provided by the Seed Provider

Lights
I typically start seedlings in soil under CFL's (400w) then switch to 1x600W HPS after week 3/4
In my other thread I mentioned that I use the Micro Space Buckets however, after a quick temperature check I noticed I was pushin 110F. So, that explains my 50% germination rate for my last grow... I have since created a closet space for young seedlings and veg.

Soil
Unfortunately, as it is the middle of December in northern Canada there are not many locations to purchase gardening materials in my small town. So, at this time I an using your basic Miracle Gro soil with the Veg and Bloom. I'm hoping as time goes by I will be able to purchase the proper nutes.

Grow Space
I grow in a cold room in my basement that does not get directly heated or cooled. Concrete floors and 2 of the 4 walls are cider block. Temperature can get quite cold so I have a space heater that keeps the area about 70-80F lights off and on.
The room is also vented directly outside so smell, heat and air circulation is very manageable.

Now Let The Fun Begin
I really appreciate the advice, insight, criticisms and general conversation. This website would not be what it is without the constant interaction by growers and I love being apart of it!
Thanks for dropping by! There's a seat for everyone! Much Love!

Re: In the Koupe w/Pigeons420: 4 Strains, 2 Auto - 2 Fem *2015*

Before I get to excited I feel it is incredibly important for my grow area to be as clean as possible. As I mentioned above, I grow in my basement and lets just say that it's not the cleanest space in my house. So, It's time to scrub all the dirt and cob webs out from the nocks and corners.
This is my medication and I want to control as much of every aspect of my grow as I can. and it starts by cleaning this place up!
image16804.jpg

Here are my seeds I planted the Tut, Anesthesia, and the Mataro. im going to start with the 2 Autos as this is my first time growing them. So i'm not going to mess with them much. Once they are under the HPS I will then drop the other seeds into dirt. All these seeds are beautiful with their own characteristics and sizes
image16985.jpg
image16984.jpg
image16983.jpg

Now I have always just plant the seeds directly in the dirt under a 24 hour light cycle for the first 3/4 weeks. I think this time I will only run the 24 hour light cycle for the first couple weeks then switch them to a 18/6 just to save energy and let them sleep.
image16986.jpg
image16982.jpg
image16981.jpg

Now that the seeds are in the dirt I'm going to let them do their thing while I show the grow room.
I think often as a grower I grow complaisant in regards to safety. While cleaning my stuff and getting everything ready I started checking sockets and plugs and noticed that one of my power bars was a little melted!
It's easy to get so focussed on our plants that we become blind to the environment around us. Please don't forget to check on your equipment. Lets stay safe and avoid any preventable issues :)
image16782.jpg
image16779.jpg
image16776.jpg
image16987.jpg

Don't mind the big girl in the corner there she is more or less just taking up space for this journal. Once she is harvested the flowering area is going to get a little make over in terms of mylar on the walls.
Also the green tub in the room is a water reservoir. I'm attempting to control my PH and evaporating the chlorine from my water supply. I have very acid water so this is my attempt to correct it.

Really anxious to see a little green pop up outta the dirt but I've got another day or so before that happens
It's nerve racking to sit and wait and hope that everyone pops up ok.
Tick tock tick tock:sleep:

Really anxious to see a little green pop up outta the dirt but I've got another day or so before that happens
It's nerve racking to sit and wait and hope that everyone pops up ok.
Tick tock tick tock:sleep:

This was my most anxious moment Pigeon. The seeds are so ridiculously expensive that you almost hold your breath until they come up.

So your basic plan is to be harvesting the Autos by the time the Photo Flowering plants go into flowering? Sounds like a plan.

I'm excited for you Pigeon. Taking charge of your own medication and maintaining a positive state of mind in the face of all that pain and frustration. Keep up the good work.

Sue your such a sweetheart! Thanks so much! You and your journal are a great motivation of mine so I appreciate your kind words. And thanks for being my first comment :) means a lot.

The price of seeds are expensive!! So, with what I've got I'm going to try and make the most of it. I never intended to buy the autos so I really just want them to come and go. Get them out of the way. The Mataro blue is going to be my first experiment in terms of Scrog, cloning and other training techniques to maximize yeild. I've read a lot over the last month that has really boosted my confidence in terms of maximizing the potential of my plant. And hopefully this takes long enough that I can harvest the autos before switching the photos to flower. Then I have the blueberry headband to go to start the process again. Now with that all said, I'm considering this my biggest, proudest and boldest grow yet. So, we will see how it turns out. :)

Sue, you have a vast knowledge for this game and an admirable desire to learn so much more. Big thanks for stopping by.

G'day PG420

cant wait for the show to start

There's my man!! Thanks for coming along big guy! Always a pleasure picking your brain :)

Pigeon, you flatter me. I'm brand new to the game. I just study my ass off. We'll learn together.

Good morning folks!

Woke up this morning anxious to see something.... There was nothing. The soil was fairly dry, which concerns me. I think I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night and give them a little water to keep them moist. It's a bit difficult having a flowering area and veg area in the same room because of light issues... So my plan today is to spit the room into 2 parts that's light proof on both sides. Got a lot of work to do. But in the end it will be worth it. I have to be able to tend to the seedlings while the flowers are sleeping. As of right now I can't access the seedlings until the lights come on at 8 am.

Alright I see green!!! tutenkhamon has showed her face. Bit of an oxymoron referring to the King as a girl. But oh well from now on she will be refered to as "The Queen"
image17065.jpg

And it's been a couple hours since I checked on them last and I see a little tiny green leaf of the Anesthesia trying to poke up. How exciting!! 2/3 of my anxiety is gone seeing those two girls. Now for the Mataro Blue to pop up
image17074.jpg

Congrats on being a new dad! Always exciting to see the green. Keep 'em healthy, keep 'em green, my friend.

Thanks Too Old. The feeling never goes away when you see a little sprout! Thanks for stopping in Too Old!

Should I be concerned about the seed not coming off the plant? I've had this before and I removed the seed and it was permanently disfigured. What should I Do?
image17124.jpg

Yeah buddy. I'm on board. Sorry about the car accident, and at work. At least now you can control how you deal with your pain. Good for you. I love the clean space post, and the one about paying attention/electrical safety.

Both areas that can't be stressed enough. Thank you for that.

I'd leave that sprout alone for a day or so, those caps come of naturally most of the time.

Excited for your journey.....

Back
Top Bottom