In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Good morning folks of 420. I hope today brings warmth and good company!

Today is going to be a big day for me and the grow room. I am attempting to build a SCROG. I've never done it before but I've read lots and watched a few videos.

So feel free to throw in your 2 cents and help stir this project the right direction. Will have pictures soon. Already revised my plan.

Subbed. Looking forward to seeing your auto flowers man. I didn't mention it in my journal but I threw 3 auto flower blue amnesia (I think) and I've only had 1 sprout so far. Glad to see all 3 of yours popped! Been really considering getting a few more just because of how quickly they finish and if grown right have decent yields. If you can avoid it ditch the tin foil and grab more of those blankets to use (unless I'm mistaking the stuff it's sitting on to be tin foil!) Tin foil creates hot spots, so I've read.

Also, a cool idea if you're looking at building a box or something, just take 2x4s and mount sections of board and build your own box! Flat white paint and you have yourself something pretty clean for $40-100 bucks depending on the material you choose. Build a top and doors if you'd like or just hang a Mylar blanket in front for easy access and to block nearly all the light. Can also cut holes and add flanges to hook your venting system up to if you're running filters, fans, etc. Best of luck, can't wait to see where you take this and how well you yield.

Subbed. Looking forward to seeing your auto flowers man. I didn't mention it in my journal but I threw 3 auto flower blue amnesia (I think) and I've only had 1 sprout so far. Glad to see all 3 of yours popped! Been really considering getting a few more just because of how quickly they finish and if grown right have decent yields. If you can avoid it ditch the tin foil and grab more of those blankets to use (unless I'm mistaking the stuff it's sitting on to be tin foil!) Tin foil creates hot spots, so I've read.

Also, a cool idea if you're looking at building a box or something, just take 2x4s and mount sections of board and build your own box! Flat white paint and you have yourself something pretty clean for $40-100 bucks depending on the material you choose. Build a top and doors if you'd like or just hang a Mylar blanket in front for easy access and to block nearly all the light. Can also cut holes and add flanges to hook your venting system up to if you're running filters, fans, etc. Best of luck, can't wait to see where you take this and how well you yield.

There's a lot of good practical information in this post. That foil looks shiny and reflective but it's really a fire hazard and an ineffective reflector. Ultra White Flat Paint is your best bet in a tight space that isn't a grow tent.

Keep them growing Pigeons.

:Namaste:

Have fun, be flexible. My primary goals were to keep it simple, effective, and free (recycled material). My first plan was based on a PVC set-up, but after thinking it didn't seem like the best one, so i thought a bit more and have the set-up I like. Lots of options out there and great examples to learn from. Can't wait to see what ya come up with!

So feel free to throw in your 2 cents and help stir this project the right direction. Will have pictures soon. Already revised my plan.

Hey Daddio! I'm glad you decided to stop in! Thanks for your solid input!

This is my first time doing autos and I'm excited to learn the process.

You are not mistaken, that is tin foil all through the cabinet. I know it's an inferior product however, when I made this cabinet it's all I had. I live in a pretty small town and getting access to top notch products isn't always an option. But when I see more of those blankets I'm getting them From what I've read about tin foil is that if you use the dull side of tin foil it doesn't concentrate heat in particular spots like the shiny side would.

But as always I appreciate your valuable input and encourage you to express it as often as you can.

Stay medicated my friend ;)

Another Friday is upon us! I've been away for the last couple of days doing my thing and the growth that occurs when your not watching them all the time is great! Today I checked and I'm really excited with the way everything is going thus far!

On Wednesday I gave the girls their very first "real watering" as young plants. Up till now as they were germinating I have them the misting treatment from a spray bottle. But now that the plant is growing I've uped the water to about 2 cups for all three. I think it's important for me to mention that I water my girls more than average because of my 24/7 light cycle. Because I'm running my days much longer the soil gets dryer much quicker or more often. This needing more water. It's not uncommon for me to water 2 sometimes 3 times a day.

Now with that said. About my 24/7 light cycle. I'm hoping to turn my lights to 18/6 in no more than another 2 weeks. I've got another 4 cfl 23w I'm going to be adding next week to boost the intensity.

Until then im going to watch then grow
image17385.jpg
image17386.jpg
image17387.jpg

I applaud your using what's on hand Pigeons. At least you were informed enough to use the proper surface. I have a strong preference for the Ultra White flat paint. It's blinding in my little closet, for less than $20. One of my smartest purchases.

I applaud your using what's on hand Pigeons. At least you were informed enough to use the proper surface. I have a strong preference for the Ultra White flat paint. It's blinding in my little closet, for less than $20. One of my smartest purchases.

Why thank you Sue! Ultra white flat paint is far superior there's no doubt. However, you said it, it's what was available and I just so happened to have 2 rolls of tin foil when I was doing the cabinet.

At the end of the day I'm thankful all is working well and I've only had the emotional road blocks to get over lol. As always Sue I appreciate you keepin touch :)

Looking good bro. I hope you have better luck then I did whith your autos. Even though my experience with autos wasent the best I still am interested in them and cant wait to see how you're girls turn out.

Looking good bro. I hope you have better luck then I did whith your autos. Even though my experience with autos wasent the best I still am interested in them and cant wait to see how you're girls turn out.

Hey thanks Sticky!

Your autos didn't go so well? May I ask what happened?

This is my first time at autos and I'm leaving myself little margin for error. Maybe your mistakes can be of value to me and other :)

Thanks for checking in on my girls! I look forward to hearing from you

Well my first mistake was planting 3 auto big bomb in one 75 gallon toat. And my other mistake was dropping my light to close to the plants. A few things like that witch led me to havest early and ended up with an oz and a half of junk. But if I did not have ne issues they would have ben nice plants the autos just dont have the size Im looking to get. But I wish you luck and will be watching your progress with the your autos with suspense

Well that is sure a bummer. But I'm sure you learned a lot from those mistake which has to be the silver lining. I've grown 8 to 10 times and only ever successfully harvested twice. But the lessons I learned from those mistakes were invaluable.

You definitely want to start your autos off in their final pot to avoid stress due to transplanting. But you want those buckets to be no smaller than 3 gallons, ideally 5 gallons. For each plant.

As for lighting, in my opinion, its one of the most important elements of your grow. And it only takes just a couple hours to completely ruin your grow with your lights in the incorrect location. This graph really helped me dial things in. And maybe it will help you too.

Best of luck :)
image16709.jpg

Good morning world!

Well it's another cold January morning up north here. We have a freezing cold warning issued for the area. It's -40C. Which is also -40F. It got a bit cold in the grow room. I seen 65F on the thermometer, which is the coldest yet.

All looks good however I've noticed for the last few days that my Mataro Blue is stunted and hasn't grown much in the last couple of days. The Anesthesia and Tutonkhamon are doing great. A bit of yellowing is happening down low. But I know this is common. I have a feeling that something is wrong but I'm not entirely sure what it is. I may have stunted her growth from an over water that happened on the first day. I watered all three at the same time because they are all in a tubberwear container that I fell with about an inch of water and it soaks up the water from the bottom up. I think when I watered, the other two girls were growing big and lush while the 3rd was lagging behind, I watered them with the same amount. I think it was too much for the younger and smaller Mataro blue. Which in turn has stunted her growth.

I'm hoping that it's nothing serious. I let her dry out a bit and watered again today. We shall wait and see.

I am going to go get another timer today so I can switch my lights to 18/6. If it wasn't the over watering that stunted her I think a little sleep will help her get back on track. So tonight will be their first nap.

Keep warm and stay positive! Thanks for the love
image17475.jpg
image17474.jpg
image17473.jpg

If you want to water that way still and want one plant to get less just space it up a little. A plate under it or whatever that ca space it off bottom works.

Good idea OG I'm on it

Steady as she goes Pigeons. They're such little things yet, but looking lively.

Steady as she goes Pigeons. They're such little things yet, but looking lively.

I know! So small! Just babies. I expect to see massive transformations every morning. But instead there's just little girls :). I'm ready for them to be 12" and ready for some training lol

Mine are up around 15" now. The only training I'm planning on this run is tucking larger fan leaves and gently using Velcro to keep The Bomb going more vertical. Next run I may grow a couple photoflowers and try my hand at a flux. We got some bag seeds with our New Years purchase that are just begging to be sprouted. Why not? I know my soil will make a good strain even better.

Good idea! It's not a bad idea working out the kinks before you start training on a hardcore level. I've never trained before so I'm a little intimidated about the whole process. But I'm excited to get it going! Using your bag seeds is a good idea too. Should you make any mistakes, it's just a bag seed. And not a pricey one from online.

Back
Top Bottom