In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Clones are free for practice too :cool:
I would not practice on autos as they will finish small if you screw up. Screw up a regular plant in veg and you just need to veg longer ;-)
I suggest you get a separate veg area then you can take 2 months to veg while others are blooming - win/win and a new harvest often from bloom room since it is not wasting time vegging.
Fluorescents are enough for veg, only need the big powered lights for bloom.

My veg area used to be a Rubbermaid container with a cfl. Then I bought a little kids wardrobe off kijiji and installed 24" t8 tubes in it. Now I can run bloom cabinet in bloom non stop.

Never know unless you try, friend. They are hardy plants that can take a lot. Let them get going building roots while you train the tops. It's fun, but go slow. Good luck!!

Clones are free for practice too :cool:
I would not practice on autos as they will finish small if you screw up. Screw up a regular plant in veg and you just need to veg longer ;-)
I suggest you get a separate veg area then you can take 2 months to veg while others are blooming - win/win and a new harvest often from bloom room since it is not wasting time vegging.
Fluorescents are enough for veg, only need the big powered lights for bloom.

My veg area used to be a Rubbermaid container with a cfl. Then I bought a little kids wardrobe off kijiji and installed 24" t8 tubes in it. Now I can run bloom cabinet in bloom non stop.

I'm going to be cloning on this grow.

I have two separate areas for veg and bloom, I wouldn't train an auto.

In my veg closet I'm running CFLs somewhere around 400w. With more lights ready to go as she gets bigger. The two autos are going to hit the HPS for flower while the photo gets trained and cloned. Definitely thankful I thought about all of this before I started growing and I have everything spaced out and ready to go with 2 separate areas

Nice!
Holy shit 400w for veg? Big bushes in there!
My upper half of veg cabinet has 4x20w tubes and lower has 2x20w tubes.
image17277.jpg

Oh and to be clear I was not saying not to train an auto ever just not to do it first as practice.
For autos once you have practice I would FIM and supercrop them too.

Got it!

You've got your shit dialed in OG. I appreciate you taking the time to throw some info my way.

I ball parked the watts. I have 5x23w and 4x20w 18"tubes. I guess conservatively there's only like 200w. Here take a look. Gotta fix the two bulbs blown out. Gonna do that now.
image17477.jpg
image17478.jpg
image17476.jpg

Sure enjoy having a veg cabinet. The only down side is is that the cabinet is in the same room as the bloom. So I can check on the veg cabinet while the flowers are sleeping. But that's just me being picky. I don't want gardens all over my house lol

As long as you can't read a piece of paper with average size words a little light leak isn't going to ruin a crop. It's like the moonlight at night, it's never entirely dark. Don't freak out about covering every single little light on your power strip, fans, air conditioners, etc if they're not putting off a reasonable amount. This is not to be mistaken for 'don't worry about any light coming in or in the room' because that's not the case, which you obviously know. If it's something you're worried about tape off any lights you do have just for peace of mind and block any excess light coming in but I wouldn't sweat it too hard if it has a slight crack in the cab you can see light peaking around.

As far as blocking light I've seen guys put up two strips of Velcro on each side of a cabinet door and cut a strip of black or blue tarp that is velcro'd across the crack when closed. You can also use a door sweep or any foam tape that's used to block air around doors or windows. Can get a decent sized roll at Home Depot for like $4-8 that'll do an entire cabinet.

You're also worried about have the veg and flower cabinets in the same room. I'm not sure how large of a room you're in or how big of cabinets you want but if you put them back to back so doors open on opposite sides then you should be able to minimize any light exposure even without a ton of light blocking.

Also the rubber sweep plate that screws on the bottom of garage doors can be screwed on to the back of one door to block the gap between doors (that's what I have )

I love your thread, it is always busy and keeps me from getting bored at work ;-)

As long as you can't read a piece of paper with average size words a little light leak isn't going to ruin a crop. It's like the moonlight at night, it's never entirely dark. Don't freak out about covering every single little light on your power strip, fans, air conditioners, etc if they're not putting off a reasonable amount. This is not to be mistaken for 'don't worry about any light coming in or in the room' because that's not the case, which you obviously know. If it's something you're worried about tape off any lights you do have just for peace of mind and block any excess light coming in but I wouldn't sweat it too hard if it has a slight crack in the cab you can see light peaking around.

As far as blocking light I've seen guys put up two strips of Velcro on each side of a cabinet door and cut a strip of black or blue tarp that is velcro'd across the crack when closed. You can also use a door sweep or any foam tape that's used to block air around doors or windows. Can get a decent sized roll at Home Depot for like $4-8 that'll do an entire cabinet.

You're also worried about have the veg and flower cabinets in the same room. I'm not sure how large of a room you're in or how big of cabinets you want but if you put them back to back so doors open on opposite sides then you should be able to minimize any light exposure even without a ton of light blocking.

Good idea Daddio. Never thought about having the cabinets back to back. It won't work for me because I only have one cabinet in my "flower room" so when I open the cabinet it lights up the room. So I don't check on them after or before 8 (nap time). Which isn't too bad because it prevents me from checking on them every 20 min lol.

Also the rubber sweep plate that screws on the bottom of garage doors can be screwed on to the back of one door to block the gap between doors (that's what I have )

I love your thread, it is always busy and keeps me from getting bored at work ;-)

Thanks OG! If I can prevent one man from getting bored at work, I have done my job lol

Helping/commenting/theorizing about grows is much more fun than work ;-)

Of course it is! Makes for a much more entertaining work day. Get your mind off the bullshit and back onto something interesting and therapeutic.

I haven't worked in a year so gardening and this website sure help keep me from going crazy.

I wish you lived closer I think I would like to smoke one and shoot the shit with you ;-)

Right back at you OG!

If the family and I ever head east you bet your ass there will be some smoke in the air. I'll have to drop a line and see where your at. I'm close to Winnipeg. You far?

Edit:: hahaha Ottawa. Didn't click in till after I posted this.

Back
Top Bottom