In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Yeah buddy. I'm on board. Sorry about the car accident, and at work. At least now you can control how you deal with your pain. Good for you. I love the clean space post, and the one about paying attention/electrical safety.

Both areas that can't be stressed enough. Thank you for that.

I'd leave that sprout alone for a day or so, those caps come of naturally most of the time.

Excited for your journey.....

Awesome! Always a pleasure having you around Peter!

Thanks for the insight! I will leave her alone. Downside is 2 of the 3 have the seed left on. So I'm hoping for a trouble free sprout.

Alright now for the fun to begin! I have checked on the girls and the status is that all three are above the dirt!! How exciting!

I have removed the girls from their crib and are now under the light in their designated spots
NOW the fun begins!
image17125.jpg

Cool grow. I have never tried an auto flower. I like cloning ;-)
For training I use FIM extensively and bend and crack the stems to force them into a nice flat shape to go under my LEDs. Previous to this I was growing under hps and used to try to bend them into a bowl shape under each hps light

Woo Hoo Pigeons!!! Watch them grow! These autos are hearty girls. I have no experience with soil out of the bag, so my best advice is to tread softly and let them run. Easy on the nutrients. Autos are easily over fed and from what I read, they can be unforgiving. It's that short life span.

Have fun.

:Namaste:

Thanks Susan!

What do you think about the seed still on the plant? The other two still have the seed stuck to them and it looks like there stretching to find light, even though their an inch out of dirt.

I take those husks off personally but either way it will be fine I bet.
Congrats on new seeds popping. I have 6 Jack's Smack sees just stated too n
Hope to see them pop by tomorrow.

Thanks big guy. I'm going to go check on them right away to see how their doing. I'm sure their off by now

Oh it's a happy day!!! All 3 are above dirt and smiling brightly!! I'm so excited! The hard part is done (at least I think so). I had to remove one seed. On Anesthesia she was still looking for light with a seed on her head so I took it off and she sure looks happy!

Good morning 420. Thanks for scoping out my girls :)
image17171.jpg

Congratulations and well done on the successful germination Pigeons. I'm sensing a deep sigh of relief and gratefulness and that feeling of 'thank you GanJah' vibing from your journal :) Looking good and looking forward to watching over your shoulder! Best to you, cheers

:goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words Dayze.

Wow you banged the nail right on the head there, such a relief, I'm sure it's a feeling we all have.

Your insight and opinions are always welcome Dayze, thank you!

Ps. The girls in your journal look phenomenal so having you watch over my shoulder is a blessing

Good day! All is green and full of love over here.

Going to try and incorporate the name of each plant in the photo so it's easier for everyone (more so myself) to distinguish.
image17198.jpg
image17197.jpg
image17196.jpg

Good day! All is green and full of love over here.

Going to try and incorporate the name of each plant in the photo so it's easier for everyone (more so myself) to distinguish.
image17198.jpg
image17197.jpg
image17196.jpg

Great idea Pigeons. I should begin to do the same with mine. Often I get confused when I'm posting the pictures and I'm the one who took them. Best of luck on the grow from here. Be gentle and learn their water needs early if you can. It's the single most problematic thing for a beginner to get the hang of. Others will have to advise you. I grow with living soil, so my watering process would likely kill yours. Keep reminding yourself that they're weeds. Pampered weeds, but weeds nonetheless. LOL! They are hardy plants indeed.

Thanks Sue!

It gets confusing enough keeping up with everyone else's journal so, simplicity is best. I have gained great confidence in my soil growing that I've pretty much got it worked out. You can tell A lot by just getting your hands dirty and feeling the soil. The girls will tell me when their thirsty and I just water accordingly. Sometimes water 3 times a day! But every environment is different. I have higher temps with lots of air movement which in turn requires more water. But once they are out of those little pots and into 5 gallons, they hold their water so much better. They will only receive 1 watering a day or even every 2 days.

It's awesome having the control over your environment. That's what makes indoor growing so lucrative, I can manipulate any variable I wish to my satisfaction

Playing God. LOL! I know just what you mean. You have much more experience at growing than I do Pigeons. I'm having to relearn watering with a new soil mix. Hopefully I have it pretty much worked out. I'm learning how to read the fabric pots as well as the plants. There are subtle tricks with living organic soil and fabric pots. Now mine are entering their growth spurt, which changes the whole playing field again. Much to learn.

My experience with growing comes from more failed attempts then successful ones. I feel like I've done enough things wrong in my others grows that I have pretty well eliminated everything wrong with my system. So all that is left is the right stuff (everything I wasn't doing before).

It's true that we learn just as much through failure as we do from our success.

Edit:: I did not articulate that as well as it sounded in my head :)

looks great man,
when you get ready for a transplant,cut that soil with a NON enrichment perlite,its drys them out faster so you can feed more.gives a better aeration .DO NOT use MG brand of perlite.70-30% works good

Today I decided to lower my lights a touch. I know on my other grow that light distances were something I struggled with. With that in mind I want to ensure that I'm minimizing at much stretch as I can.

All three girls are looking rather stunning. All seems well and I'm looking forward to getting them into bigger pots. I planted the Autos in pots that I can just plant into bigger pots. Im a bit reluctant to do this because of space. Those 5 gallon buckets take up a lot of room and my little veg cabinet can't handle more than 1. So, if I can wait a couple weeks I will have harvested the big girl and can use that space for veg while I SCROG and get jiffy with it ;)
image17302.jpg
image17301.jpg

As always I appreciate you stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom