Indoor Critical Kush - Outdoor Afghani

Thanks so much for the info there mate! I have a few cookies showing some more hybrid characteristics, barneys says 100% indica for both our, but that seems hard considering both strains lineages lol! I'll be looking for the hybrid for sure with the critical batch :) big fan of barney's farms cup contender strains I've tried, it's always been worth it, if the search is done well ha ha. Is your semi tiva leaf ladie the one that stinks the most too by chance? Cheers again mate super helpful!

Inspired! :thumb:
KJC420

Man they all smell equally as good. The sativa one is more sweet sweat smelling with lemon tones, the others are a mix of skunk and berries.

Yea I grew out a laughing Buddha from barneys farm that was amazing as well. So far the only strain I've grown that just sucked was a strain from th seeds and it was the critical hog. Out of a 5 pack none of the flowers impressed me.

Jack herer keeps popping up, definately going to have to take more of a look at it, I think it may have had a longer flower time? May be n awesome outdoor strain for me! I Can't remember why I didn't look too hard, but she keeps popping up ha ha. So taking a look for sure, is there a breeder you recommend to look at for the strain?

Awesome smell description, thanks mate!
KJC420

Screenshot_2014-11-10-09-18-43.png
Screenshot_2014-11-07-10-06-00.png
Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-55-47.png
Screenshot_2014-10-29-09-22-21.png
Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-58-51.png
Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-57-46.png
Here is my sensi seeds jack herer yielded like 11zips.

Aw mate they both look amazing hey!! Quality photos too, Lotsa detail on buds, it's making my mouth water and my cone piece dream ha ha! Wicked posts mate cheers a heap!! Will be keeping an eye on your grows mate, super fine product :)

Top notch Waknbak88!!
KJC420

thanks bro! im putting a seed list together and I think I really want to get sensi seeds jack herrer, and grand daddy purp.

the last jack herrer I got was 2 reg freebie seeds one male and one female. it was a vary fast grower and stretched like crazy. she also grows huge roots and the one I had cloned easy as hell.

Ha ha, ah the ole list!! I've got admit having an awesome seed collection stocked away for the future is never a bad thing :) I'm a big fan myself, the problem is there are just too many nice strains out there. I can't imagine how cool it would be a to have a really good mother room with all the favourites there still...even just to look at em ha ha. Seeds will def have to do for now ha ha :)

KJC420

yeah man the mother room is otw as well I plan on using some shelfing with some t5s. I want to have about 6-10 small moms that I can grow out for cloning when I want. ive never bonsied a plant but ill give it a shot.

im trying to slowly move to a flood and drain or a drain to waste set up but I still got lotsa reading to do.

Sounds awesome mate, that'd be such a luxury here in Aust ha ha. Flood and drain with cfls has been ok for me so far keeping em at the smaller size :) it's always a hard choice hey, work with ph fluctuations and constantly top up and re ppm....or high tech timer it and go run to waste, reservoir heaven! Stable ph and ppm(ec) and when feeds are precise the waste is minimal. But most importantly there getting that 5.8ph, 20℃, 500ppm feed every time every day, or whatever specs for whatever stage of growth is needed. I'm a massive fan of run to waste top drip for established veg and flowering, less time wondering what the state of the resi is at while I'm working or whatevers going on ha ha. Peace of mind, perfect feeds. 12 tiny squirts a day :) ha ha

Re circ is great, but less then 10% of hydroponic farming is Australia is re circ. From talking to tomato growers and other hydro farmers they mostly say the consistency is super hard to beat for run to waste. And on there scale I definitely can see why I guess. I did have the privilege of visiting a farm where our state governments agricultural blokes and the particular farmer are working on large scale UV water treatment to kill pathogens etc as part of the filtering process of the water that's being re used. The future of re circ on the food production level study going on there, for sustainable hopefully! A few states are even setting up desalination plants for farms, powered by the sun, topic for another day, but simply they heat pipes with mirrors to make it all work, then send the the desalinated water to hydroponics farms :) "sundrop farms" I believe they're called.

Rambling again bro ha ha, hydro is just super cool and it's awesome to see where it's all headed and what can be taken from large scale stuff :) re circ is the way of the future, maybe...but for now I truely believe run to waste leads to a more reliable higher quality product :) at least in what were all eating here ha ha. I'm a run to waste fan for my final two cents ha ha :)

So many exciting decisions always ha ha, but ten mothers? Damn that'd be awesome! Super cool bro :)
KJC420

you can bonsai a plant keep it in a small pot 2-3 gallons itll help keep it smaller
root bound and stunt although even bonsai's need some trimming unless its a true bonsai which is rare
most are manipulated as such so it shouldn't be a problem

yes the run to waste is what im leaning toward for the exact reasons you listed! I don't want to do the to up and refilling stuff yet. reps for the info on the 3 styles!

when you bonsai a mother plant, do you just veg her out to get your clones and after you get your clones you just keep it trimmed down on light veg nutes till needed again? sound like a great idea, id love to flood the south east with some great clones/strains!

just keep it in veg your always gonna be taking cutting tho even when you don't need it just to keep the size down a bit cause after awhile you will have many tops to the point you cant use them all :rofl:
I do my normal veg feeding like my third week schedule of feeding and only feeding every other plain water in between
watch the plant if it tells you to back off on the feeding then back off and just give water same with the opposite

edit

I don't have any mothers now but I did when I had the soil indoors which im trying to avoid at all costs now
cause when I did that I got bugs lol
still tho if I ever need to ill just set something separate up for mothers so I can keep em in soil
I could do it in hydro but its easier and cheaper to keep mothers in soil

Yeah I have to agree 100% with chronichemphog :) Top notch info on keeping mothers, as explained I have kept her so long always stunting that now she has more tops then I could possibly use for myself, so she gets cloned to keep her dream alive, then soon as the clone gets roots she's the new mother and then old mutli top ex nothing gets 'the time for a bunch of flowers' talk ha ha ha. Only so much topping and lst ya can before she gets a big for keeping in a corner ha ha =) Old mother Hubbard ain't fitting in no cupboard! :)

Found a full on indica looking pheno for barneys cookies, hope it's close to what they claim on there write up. Really want a very Indy critical if I can find one too. Most (5/8) seem hybrid to the point of looking maybe 60 to 75 indica dominant. But I've yet to see many full indica looking of the two, and there claiming 100% Indica. The search is now my brother and should have some CK beans popping tales tommorow :) ......maybe cross with 100% afghani some stage down the track, stabilise and more traits. Could be an option, one I'm def open to! Ha ha

Been loving the CK/afghani updates mate!
KJC420

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom