Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

OK so here is an update on my grow so far, today she is 14 days old so to celebrate I decided to take her out and take her picture and here she is.
temp_0033.JPG
temp_0061.JPG

and here she is again.
temp_0051.JPG
temp_0022.JPG

To cut a long story very short I am down to 1 plant now so I am really praying that she is indeed female which brings me to my first question.
Feminazed seeds do they always turn out female or can they produce males? I bought my seeds from a reliable supplier so I am hoping there good.:grinjoint:

I plan to LST them but the more I read the more confused I am about this technique I am no "flouroman" so please bear with me on this, My plan was to start training on day 21 is that a bit premature or should I have to wait until the plant gets to about 12 inches at the moment it is 4 inches tall, also at the same time I was going to switch to 12/12 currently on 24/0 is this the right thing to do.:yummy:

Finally the cotyledons are still on the plant and still green so I am thinking that I dont need any nutes yet am I right?

Once again I would really like your opinions on my plant good or bad they are all welcomed.:thanks:

Fem seeds are more likely to come out hermie then male, but it could happen. I have had good luck with the fem seeds thus far, they have all been females.. Don't stress, it is what it is... :ganjamon:

Thanks for stopping by resinator, I swear that she is after getting bigger since yesterday bigger and bushier, did anyone ever grow Northern Lights before her rate of growth in the last 3 days is frightening, and yes she made me give her brother one, but before I gave the c**t my plant I gave her a drink of Jeyes Fluid and told him that I dont expect the plants to make it as they are both very sick LOL, I only told him that because I dont want him ratting me out.

resinator hey thanks for your support I will check out your grow shortly and thanks for the advice.

I really apericate ALL coments.

:thanks:

:welcome:Sorry about the delay updating my grow journal I have just been mad busy and enjoying the weather here in Ireland so lets get down to business. :smokin:

I was looking at my plant last week on day 21 of my grow, when I thought that my plant was very small but very very bushy, so I decided to move her away from the lights surrounding her and I replaced my lights over the top of her, my thinking was to try and give her a gentle stretch which I think is working as she is atfer growing about 3 inches since I done this and she no longer looks small.
She measures 16 inches from side to side as seen in pic 4 she is in a 10 inch pot.
The spacing between the nodes looks acceptable to me now at about an inch, last week they were in and around 1cm apart hence my wanting to stretch her.
Pics 1/2 and 3 are close ups of the stem and branches etc, I am thinking that it is still to early to try and determine sex so if you cast your experienced eye over them and let me know your thinking on sex I would be really grateful.
In pic 4 I am showing you my only worry she has been like this for 9 days now without getting any worse, the leaf on the right is cut but I seen when I had a fan on them that this leaf was rubbing up against another leaf and getting cut so hopefully this is nothing major to worry about.

Now on to me looking for advice, today is day 24 of my grow and I have given her some nutes on day 22 but in my error I gave her a full dose 15ml per 7 liters of water but I think she liked it as she is showing no signs of nute burn and is thriving and getting more new growth does this look correct to you?

I wanted to lst her but now I am just going to let her grow normally as she is small for her age anyway, do you agree or not BTW she is 9 inches tall.

As a novice I am worried that I might miss when to flower her and this is my biggest concern so I plan to start her on this Sunday when she will be 28 days old, please I need advice on this more than anything is this to soon or to early?

Also last night for the first time I can smell her its like smelling an empty bag of grass and it is the sweetest smell ever.

temp_0013.JPG

temp_0023.JPG

temp_0042.JPG

temp_0062.JPG

Once again I welcome any thoughts from you guys good or bad, just let me know if you spot anything. :thanks:

Lookin good. I think now would be a good time to transfer to a 5 gallon bucket or eq. container. There's nothing worse then getting root bound, makes you feel like an idiot. And have you given thought to topping or fim'ing your plant before switching the light schedule?

High Irish Joe your looking pretty good. FYI I'm not sure if anyone even addressed this but when a plant has purple stems in the seedling stage I believe it means the pH is off, not a good thing, but you're passed that now anyways. A general rule of thumb is flowering indoors usually requires a 1 gal pot, or as close as you can get to that, due to root expansion. Good luck buddy, keep it up!

:welcome:back joe looks like you have been given alot of love to your baby,CharlieMopps this is good advice as i myself had to re-pot some from 2 gal=8" square pots to 3.5 gal=10" round pots you can get them in woodies €5 a pot easily available elsewhere too.
did you get ferts?veg/flower? if it is bio grow you have you are correct on 15ml-7ltrs maybe just a little high but not much keep it there for another week then raise it, but as you have only 1 plant only mix as much as you need you dont want to leave it sit for longer than 48hrs i believe it can go sour its what i heard and work by and has worked for me, so i suggest you mix 2 ltrs water with 4 ml B.G you could probably flip her? in a week or so. plant looks healthy so your doing well nice branching now lets hope its a girl and if i'm a bettin man and i am i'd say she is a girl keep up the good work:ganjamon:

Lookin good. I think now would be a good time to transfer to a 5 gallon bucket or eq. container. There's nothing worse then getting root bound, makes you feel like an idiot. And have you given thought to topping or fim'ing your plant before switching the light schedule?

CharlieMopps thanks for stopping by and special thanks for the advice I will get a bigger pot for flowering which I plan to start this Sunday, I have thought about topping but am afraid to do it, I know that sounds silly but I find myself really attatched to this plant and dont want to hurt her but, I will top her either today or tomorrow. :surf:

High Irish Joe your looking pretty good. FYI I'm not sure if anyone even addressed this but when a plant has purple stems in the seedling stage I believe it means the pH is off, not a good thing, but you're passed that now anyways. A general rule of thumb is flowering indoors usually requires a 1 gal pot, or as close as you can get to that, due to root expansion. Good luck buddy, keep it up!

Thanks for stopping by DeadTour09 :cheer:
Thanks man for the advice and a bigger pot is on it's way.

:welcome:back joe looks like you have been given alot of love to your baby,CharlieMopps this is good advice as i myself had to re-pot some from 2 gal=8" square pots to 3.5 gal=10" round pots you can get them in woodies €5 a pot easily available elsewhere too.
did you get ferts?veg/flower? if it is bio grow you have you are correct on 15ml-7ltrs maybe just a little high but not much keep it there for another week then raise it, but as you have only 1 plant only mix as much as you need you dont want to leave it sit for longer than 48hrs i believe it can go sour its what i heard and work by and has worked for me, so i suggest you mix 2 ltrs water with 4 ml B.G you could probably flip her? in a week or so. plant looks healthy so your doing well nice branching now lets hope its a girl and if i'm a bettin man and i am i'd say she is a girl keep up the good work:ganjamon:

Whoooooooo I really am glad someone thinks its a girl although I will give it another 10 days or so to find out for sure.

I didn't get the nutes you so kindly recommended, got talking to a fella in Fairyhouse market and he gave me some tomato nutes he said he uses them with good results so I gave them a go and I am happy with them so far, and thanks for the heads up about the pots in woodies, if you were me would you flower it on Sunday or wait a bit longer? :yummy:

Once again thank you all for looking in and for giving me the advice I so baldy need, I would be lost without you all so :thanks:

Hi Joe

Your grow is going nicely and from what i've seen so far i'm enjoying it!
but have a few suggestions for u.
You could consider not topping and cleaning up some of the lower leaves and alternating nodes.

By doing this you'll be able to get clones of your female (fingers x) and more importantly creating an airflow underneath the canopy where lights will not reach anyway and send all after growth and future bud production to the top of the plant where its need and the light is.

Hi Joe

Your grow is going nicely and from what i've seen so far i'm enjoying it!
but have a few suggestions for u.
You could consider not topping and cleaning up some of the lower leaves and alternating nodes.

By doing this you'll be able to get clones of your female (fingers x) and more importantly creating an airflow underneath the canopy where lights will not reach anyway and send all after growth and future bud production to the top of the plant where its need and the light is.

That is very interesting ThatBoyDean do you mean for me to take off the bottom leaves if so how and would this not hurt it and cause it stress, also by doing this it will encourage growth at the plants upper half, I have no plan to take clones as I still have a lot of seeds left, I am only growing one now to see if I can do it, and if I can do it now, I will at least double production next time.

Thanks for the comments and I too am enjoying the grow. :loopy:

it will not cause the plant that much stress, probably around the same amount as topping your plant.
Plus what you got to remember Cannabis is a weed and can withstand more than we think so don't be scared but don't over do it.

Thanks for the advice Dean but I have not been around for a while had to leave the plant for a short time and when I came back she doesn't look so good, plus I fooked up with the nutes (again) and gave her too much and when I flushed her I flushed her with water with full strenght nutes in and now she looks really bad, nute burn, light burn and curled up leave tips. I dont have the time now but I will post a few pics hopefully tomorrow.

Take it easy man and do look in again. :roorrip:

:goodjob: from one irish lad to another ! hope your grow goes well. il be keeping an eye on this thread defo man !

Good to see another Irish grower too niall4egrow :allgood: I have just found out my plant is female and I have just begun flowering her 12/12, two days now, and I can see her getting bigger every morning when the lights go on. But after all her bad luck getting nute burns she also has been getting it from the lights aswell, Don't know if it just me but the 2700k bulbs seem to be a lot hotter and caught me out. :oops:

As I said earlier I will post pics tomorrow and :thanks: for looking in.

Back
Top Bottom