Irish Joes Northern Lights Grow Journal

post pic's too see if she can be saved.

Here are a few pics, I hope I am worrying over nothing and am I right in thinking that the plant is indeed a female?

temp_017.JPG
As you can tell by the lights I started flowering the plant on Monday last and so far so good getting taller by the day.

temp_012.JPG
A little bit of damage to the newer growth.

temp_016.JPG
The damage to the bottom of the plant, I expect to see dead leaves here so I'm asking does this look normal?

temp_014.JPG
And finally am I right in thinking that this is a girl?

temp_013.JPG

:thanks: in advance for any advice I recieve. :surf:

Close internodular spacing and those look like female pre flowers. Good job Joe. It'll recover from the heat stress just get a better exhaust fan and keep an eye on the bottoms browning, you could have a slightly nute sensitive plant.

Close internodular spacing and those look like female pre flowers. Good job Joe. It'll recover from the heat stress just get a better exhaust fan and keep an eye on the bottoms browning, you could have a slightly nute sensitive plant.

Thanks CharlieMopps I hope your right, exhaust fan I dont have one I am not that good at wiring things like that up but I will look into it. :thanks:

great job man keep it up
Nice one bigpapa, thanking you too for your support. :smokin:

Looking good, Irish Joe.
Not quite sure those are preflowers. Keep an eye on it and if two hairs come out of the same spot, it's a girl. You may want to trim off the lower leaves since they won't get much light, and to improve air circulation.
Good luck!

tricome, high and :welcome: to my journal. I hope these are pre flowers too, I am crap when it comes to uploading pics and I had pics of the white hairs only the pic was to big to upload so I am pretty sure it is a female. It is on my mind to trim the leaves as I was advised to do that earlier but with me I am to scared to pull the leaves off as I dont want to hurt her again. :grinjoint:

Now to ask a general question is an extraction fan an absolute must? I tend just to leave the closet door open to let the heat out also I re potted the plant yesterday, I had it in a 10 inch pot and I was amazed at the amount of roots it had, they were all around the outside. So a little tip for everyone who has there plant in a smallish pot replant it before it gets root bound.

Thanks again for the comments I am grateful for them all so please keep it up thats it for now talk to you all soon :thanks:

welcome back joe lookin great SHE looks nice, if you can get a small clip on fan and face it toward the door from the back of your closet that should help heat, about the bottom leaves i myself got rid of them but only 3-4 in 1 go, get a razor blade dip in vodka or boiling water for a few mins and cut just under the branch downwards fairly tight to the plant but not too close, you can get die-back if you leave too much of the stem about 3mm should be fine. hope it helps

welcome back joe lookin great SHE looks nice, if you can get a small clip on fan and face it toward the door from the back of your closet that should help heat, about the bottom leaves i myself got rid of them but only 3-4 in 1 go, get a razor blade dip in vodka or boiling water for a few mins and cut just under the branch downwards fairly tight to the plant but not too close, you can get die-back if you leave too much of the stem about 3mm should be fine. hope it helps

Once again resinator thanks for stopping by, and once again that is some great advice just do you mean to cut the whole branch off and leave about a 3mm stump so to speak?

just cut the fan leaf dont touch the branch at all, thats what i mean by cutting downwards, do you have a temp reading on your closet ? but i would still add the fan for circulation myself. keep it green your doing great

just cut the fan leaf dont touch the branch at all, thats what i mean by cutting downwards, do you have a temp reading on your closet ? but i would still add the fan for circulation myself. keep it green your doing great

resinator I haven't got a clue what the temp is as I dont have a thermometer in the closet or the house I think, can I ask you resinator do you leave your fan on all the time or just for a couple of hours a couple of times a day?

tried messaging you there joe.. cant yet havent enough posts...just lookin for a bit of knowhow first man. gonna be growing as soon as im outta the house and back in college.. its a pity tho id grow now if i could im really bored after losin my job for the summer....

I had my fans wired on the same timer as my lights.

same as that but only recently they are on 24/7 to try and help some humidity issues, think of it this way it would cause your baby more harm to not add the fan than it would if ya did more benifits for having it on unless it has a cooling effect which would only come into play at lights out. you should get a thermometer in woodies €3 for a cheap 1 €15 for a high / low 1 which would be a good 1 for a closet to see just how high and how low your temps sit at :peace:

tried messaging you there joe.. cant yet havent enough posts...just lookin for a bit of knowhow first man. gonna be growing as soon as im outta the house and back in college.. its a pity tho id grow now if i could im really bored after losin my job for the summer....

Hey niall thanks for looking in haven't been around for a time but here to post today no need for the pm just ask me anything here and if I can I will help you out, no need to wait so long to grow as it takes weeks to get them to a big size where you need to hide them :passitleft:

:thanks: to all who have posted since my last reply I am here with a quick up date and a few pics :rocker:

Hi everyone 15 days since my last pics, man time flies when your having fun in the sun.
Ok so my plant has just gotten so big that if it grows another 8 inches it will be looking for a new home, it is now 31 inches tall and 27 inches wide . No real problems since my last couple of posts, she even has taken more and more nutes she seems to love em, she is due another watering tomorrow and it will be her first dose of full strenght nutes so fingers crossed.

Now on to the pics, you will notice the flowers on my plant they came out last Thursday and they are just growing and growing they seem to be coming out all over the place on every single node and on the tips of every branch and the main cola is forming nicely IMO .
So here is pic 1
temp_003.jpg

Not a great pic I know and the next is basically the same except with the lights turned off
temp_004.jpg

In the next pic you will see is the flowers forming on the ends of some of the branches
temp_007.jpg

I know that they are not very clear I am using an old camera but the next is a little better they are of the main cola, well it's the top of the plant mouth watering stuff even if I say so myself.
temp_005.jpg

And the next one is basically the same.
temp_0061.jpg

The damage that was seen in my last pics is still there, I dont think that it got any worse, I think that it has gotten better. The big fan leaves have picked themself's up off the soil and are now freely holding themself's up so I am glad that I didn't cut them off . I no longer worry about how my plant is doing as I got some great advice from an old stoner and some cracking tips from him aswell.
Well that is it for now dont forget I want your comments good or bad :smokin:

Ok,sorry if I missed something Joe but you do realize those are male right?

:sorry: man it sure looks like a male to me. it was my first thought when i saw the pics you should have posted earlier and more frequent,
the last pic you can see the sacks at the bottom of the pic male (defo) back to the drawing board dont loose heart though, it was good practice run for the real deal next time you will be more in tune to what a male looks like so you can eliminate them as soon as noticed,:allgood: keep it up you will get there soon :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom