Irish's Harvest Journal, 2009

Excellent journal. Way to overcome all this negative stuff Irish. I just read it from front to back and it had me hanging on the end of my chair. I'm not sure if I read it here or not but somebody(my appologies to the guy who posted)said that if you make food with cannabis you can have more plants and more weight. It that a possibility? +reps and stars. Way to go!!! :goodjob:

Thankie you, Ray. It's been quite the ride! And ayup, I do cook with it, make massage oils and healing ointments with it besides inhaling it, but still....it would be a fight in court to prove how much I need for my meds, which would probably be ruined by the time I got them back, if ever, and then I'd be owing the lawyer bank after the dust finally cleared. Better to be safe than sorry and broke.

not to downplay the seriousness of your experiance, but reading your journal was like reading a good novel...i couldn't put it down! you obviously have great writing (and growing) skills. many warm wishes for a less dramatic future!

Thanks for the kudos, Hogdady! :ganjamon:

May your soul be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.

Fascinating journal! I gotta work on mine for sure. lol

5 Star effort if I ever saw one.

:peace:

What am I going to do with all of this bud? :smokin::popcorn::roorrip::bong::rollit:

(Betcha were wondering when I was going to update, huh.) :battingeyelashes:

I can't do the math. I'm a feelie kind of woman, more instinctual than mathematical. I really don't know how much bud I really have since it's all furry with tiny untrimmed leaves. I trimmed a pound the other day. Approximately 2 oz of trim came off. My plants produced approximately 50-60lbs untrimmed bud. How much, approximately, future trimmed bud should I have?

I don't know.........:scratchinghead:

:nomo:

*dies laughing*

You guys are too much. :ganjamon:

Part of playing it safe requires that the bud not be trimmed. So thank you both, but no extra trimmers besides myself needed. I will therefore trim as my needs arise. Keeps it legal.

I don't think I'm going to run out before harvest 2010, that's for sure. :battingeyelashes:

I see you guys couldn't do the math either. :hmmmm:

What am I going to do with all of this bud? :smokin::popcorn::roorrip::bong::rollit:

(Betcha were wondering when I was going to update, huh.) :battingeyelashes:

I can't do the math. I'm a feelie kind of woman, more instinctual than mathematical. I really don't know how much bud I really have since it's all furry with tiny untrimmed leaves. I trimmed a pound the other day. Approximately 2 oz of trim came off. My plants produced approximately 50-60lbs untrimmed bud. How much, approximately, future trimmed bud should I have?

I don't know.........:scratchinghead:

When I harvest I multiply the wet weight of the trimmed bud by 0.235 and end up within a gram or so of the true dry weight per oz.

50 lbs x 454g/lb = 22,700g x 0.235 = 5335g or 5.335kilos x 2.2 lbs/kilo = 11.7 lbs of dry bud. Drool, slobber, lust!

Somebody's having a Merry Xmas for sure. lol

When I harvest I multiply the wet weight of the trimmed bud by 0.235 and end up within a gram or so of the true dry weight per oz.

50 lbs x 454g/lb = 22,700g x 0.235 = 5335g or 5.335kilos x 2.2 lbs/kilo = 11.7 lbs of dry bud. Drool, slobber, lust!

Somebody's having a Merry Xmas for sure. lol

:ganjamon: *LOL* And I'm talking dry weight here, not fresh.

I know I have more than 11.7lbs of dry bud, so I'm not so sure your equation will work for me. I've already trimmed that much and hardly made a dent in the whole....:trance:

Irish, if you had 16 ozs and trimmed 2 ozs off you got 14 ozs. So your net weight after trimming 50-60 lbs should be 43.75 to 52.5 lbs.

16/14=50/X X= 43.75 16/14=60/X X=52.5

Do you really want to know? If you're more touchy feely than mathmatical... then it doesn't matter. Or just guess... ;)

Irish, if you had 16 ozs and trimmed 2 ozs off you got 14 ozs. So your net weight after trimming 50-60 lbs should be 43.75 to 52.5 lbs.

16/14=50/X X= 43.75 16/14=60/X X=52.5

Thank you, FreakNature! So I didn't quite get 10lbs per plant, which is what I really wanted to know. I'm a sucker for scraps of trivia, and heard that it was an unheard of impossibility for a plant to yield 10lbs. Didn't quite make it, but came awful close! I'm going to go with the closer to 40 pounds figure to be on the conservative side of guesstamation. I'll know, finally and for sure, sometime next year before harvest how much it all trims up to.

:scratchinghead: :loopy: :goof: My math is telling me, Irish! You got ALOT and your HAPPY! :peace:

yeah, f*ck the math, you're happy..! LOL:grinjoint:

I believe it equates to bliss joy rapture:kiss:

I thought I had alot but then Im indoors......whatever your number is be happy!!

Happy. I think I would be in total bliss if I didn't know that my phenomenal harvest has just made me a criminal in the eyes of the law. I can't keep it all, nor can I pass it on to another needful soul without fear of the worst. I can totally understand why Dirtfarmer let himself fall off the radar--the paranoia that accompanies such a boon as this is...terrible.

I should not have to live in such fear. I do no wrong, I harm no one. Yet here I am, just ripe for LEO's pickings. And he knows I exist now. This is the first time ever that I've been actually touched by law enforcement. First time in 35 years of mostly guerrilla growing. I've never been fearful before--now I have reason to be afraid.

It really pisses me off.

I have to be--or the anxiety will eat me alive. If I hold on to all of my harvest, I am in violation of the law. If I pass it on to another qualified soul, I am still in violation of the law, for it (sb420) is vague and largely under the interpretation of the arresting officer, detective, DA, and judge. I am stuck between the proverbial Scylla and Charibdes, and it's a very uncomfortable place to be!

So what do I do with all this bud? Happiness has its price.....

A solution : Talk to your medical card doctor and mention you would rather ingest edibles than smoke so you need a larger limit of allowed plants and dry marijuana because edibles can take a lot to get someone medicated depending on the person. I REALLY hope this helps because I know how it feels, and it isn't a good feeling, it's one of the worst. best o' luck :grinjoint:

A solution : Talk to your medical card doctor and mention you would rather ingest edibles than smoke so you need a larger limit of allowed plants and dry marijuana because edibles can take a lot to get someone medicated depending on the person. I REALLY hope this helps because I know how it feels, and it isn't a good feeling, it's one of the worst. best o' luck :grinjoint:

According to my doctor, since I also ingest and use it topically in addition to inhaling, I'm good for up to 6 pounds trimmed processed bud per year (I always run out before next harvest, so obviously that isn't enough, but was as much as he felt comfortable allowing. Guess the fear touches him too).

The only thing that may keep my bum out of the wringer is the fact that not all of it is trimmed and processed. I'm hoping that it is too hard for them to determine exactly how much weight I actually have since they can't count anything but the manicured flower. Still...a scary position to be in. Like living in a card house.....

Back
Top Bottom