Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I've made some great GS oil. All depends how it was grown. I've liked it a little past peak THC so its more up for daytime. Smokes great but better in an oil. Nice strain. Bdubs I really appreciate the compliment about the 'very welcomed and coherent grasp, etc.). It makes everything I do worth while so others can come up to speed quickly and efficiently. Especially when it comes to illness/aliments. GS concentrate coming up:Namaste:

Yeah I hear ya. I'll be making a batch of today with Girl Scout Cookies. Have puffed some today to deal with the problems earlier... actually, i was mostly smoking some Indica dom for most of it... then after I place the business call I remembered I had the GSC. A very pleasant, productive high, but it did not work for the IBS symptoms I'm having today. Mood enhancer wise it has been great. I will be interested to see what it does as an oil. No worries, but no one replied to my inquiry about this strain. Do you have experience with it?

Just a little tidbit on something that might ease up your symptoms in a small way...even small corrections collectively will help you in the long run.

I went on a search this morning for mineralized salts, and discovered some things about regular table salt that I was totally unaware of as far as the processing of it. Some of the resulting negative effects on the body hit very close to home.
I will be using Sea Salt from now on, the standard table salt will be off my kitchen counters.

Here's a clip from a site called Global Healing Center:

Salt has the preservative characteristic of being a natural antibiotic. On a food item, it kills living bacteria and therefore impedes the decay process of that food. Salt causes excessive thirst because it pulls water from the bloodstream. These present the two most damaging effects on the digestive system.

Because salt is a natural antibiotic, it kills good bacteria in the body. As a substance that draws water, it interferes with the normal absorption of water which possibly leads to constipation and the accumulations of toxins in the intestinal tract. Most table salts are depleted of minerals the body needs and have additives that are harmful when ingested.

Salt is pervasive in American food products and people have begun to pay attention. Low-sodium diets have become so popular, many companies have paid attention and started offering reduced-salt options.

Natural salts, like "sea salt," are partially refined. But, they are becoming much more popular and are being sold as a table salt replacement. Other alternatives, Himalayan Salt and Celtic Salt are living substances which contain the vital minerals the body needs. Because your body fluids resemble sea salt, these salts are beneficial for balancing body fluids. Himalayan Crystal Salt™, a favorite of Dr. Group's, contains the minerals the body needs without the toxins found in common table salt.

I ran into many articles that say pretty much the same thing regarding standard table salt.

If any of you have input on this, please share. I love my salt, but I think I need to change my kind of salt. :)

Somebody mentioned tough living circumstances somewhere in here. Been having trouble with conflicting energy in my household this morning. Something that I have to actively practice - but works very well when succeeding - is something called Tonglen Meditation.

"Whether this meditation really helps others or not, it gives me peace of mind. Then I can be more effective, and the benefit is immense."
- "His Holiness" the Dalai Lama

Whether or not you take Buddhism into account in your lives is irrelevant to the benefit potential of practicing this when in stressful situations. And, whether or not you think it is hard, I was new to meditation when I heard of this. It took time practicing, but having become a student of the practice, it gets easier with time, and the pay off is pretty sweet.

If nothing else, to completely plagiarize the Dalai Lama, it gives the mind something to do other than dwell on what is bothering you.

If practiced with Cannabis, it can be gratefully achieved with strong Sativas. Don't know about Indicas as much, but this morning's experience actually stunted in its tracks the IBS symptoms that started coming on.

Goes to show that Cannabis helps, sometimes when combined with additional Alternative Medicines.

Don't know if it's what you're into, but over time I've become introduced to various of these, and they have definitely helped with feeling more healthy.

:peace:

Might as well follow up for all you good people on the Girl Scout Cookies oil I made a few days ago.

This morning has seen the first real problems I've had since getting back on digesting and vaping the oil. I made the oil last Friday, but I didn't decarb it all the way (thx Motoco for pointing that out). After doing that Sunday, I have been digesting a small dab (you could say a little more than a grain of rice, but I totally suck at eyeballing this stuff) twice a day, and vaping as needed.

In the mornings, like many of you, I tend to have most of my problems. Right out the gate! Awesome. 3am? 4am? Really?

So, I have largely been in reprieve from bad symptoms (bowel symptoms) though I have consistently had nausea through most of the days. However, this morning around 4am I started having the need to go and bad cramping pains and even going to the bathroom did not stop them.

Fortunately, with my properly decarbed GSC oil, one medium size dab from my new glass bubbler and within seconds my symptoms subsided. Within minutes I was reminded that this is how I'm supposed to feel. Free of symptoms, free of worry, and confident that me and Cannacure will be able to ride out at least the next hour.

It has usually been longer than that though that vaping the oil will help with my IBS symptoms. I'm actually testing that out this morning. If my stomach starts to rumble at ANY point for the rest of today I will be disappointed. That is because I also digested a two grain rice dab just before vaping (through the pain) knowing that if I could remember to get that down, that in two hours I would have certainty of no symptoms and the vaping should span the time between now and then.

As such, digesting the oil once in the morning soon after waking and once again around lunchtime has worked greatly for me for both my IBS and my BP symptoms. I have total confidence when I'm properly medicated that I will be at least IBS symptom free.

Digesting the Oil works great for my IBS problems, but it also acts as a wonderful mood stabilizer like the pharmies I take now but better. (when taking the proper amount) It works in conjunction thus with my IBS probs (often times anxiety related) such that I can count on the next 4-7 hours being a certain level of consistency. I like that.

If you are reading this and have problems with both anxiety and bowel disorders, how many times have either of these interrupted your life?

A lot! Right? And I'm not even down the road enough to have as bad problems as I've read, so I'm not even complaining. But here's my point:

One of the things I'm starting to realize is that I have been a soldier for far too long. I need time to just enjoy life, instead of always combatting this or that (IBS or anxiety) or looking over my shoulder. I'm ______ sick of it. Sick of being sick.

Grass is always greener on the other side ;)

Bottomline: Vaping the GSC Oil works incredibly well in acute circumstances of IBS & Anxiety. Digesting the Oil works incredibly well for stabilizing and management.

I have a safe, reliable, effective medicine to aid in multi-symptom management. I wish it were federally approved. About time don't ya think??

:peace: & :volcano-smiley:

One thing I was reminded of lately as I need to do laundry. When my stomach is being stupid I can not wear boxers! If I fold the elastic part over I get some relief but man do they drive me nuts.

That is a key issue Brother! Go bigger or toss em and go with the 60's style...nada. Your stomach becomes inflamed and swells/bloats so when this happens the pressure of the elastic on the chonies creates more pressure and causes constipation and extreme discomfort. Make sure your concentrate has this combo; 2 ounces of high THC (sativa dominant) mixed with one ounce of high CBD (2-1 ratio). As things heal it gets better and better. Nice post!

One thing I was reminded of lately as I need to do laundry. When my stomach is being stupid I can not wear boxers! If I fold the elastic part over I get some relief but man do they drive me nuts.

That is a key issue Brother! Go bigger or toss em and go with the 60's style...nada. Your stomach becomes inflamed and swells/bloats so when this happens the pressure of the elastic on the chonies creates more pressure and causes constipation and extreme discomfort. Make sure your concentrate has this combo; 2 ounces of high THC (sativa dominant) mixed with one ounce of high CBD (2-1 ratio). As things heal it gets better and better. Nice post!
Couldn't agree more. I had to give up my elastic waist silk jammies because they would cause me pain at night. Caftan to the rescue! (remember that craze?) LOL

I rock commando, many of times. The cooler weather brings the need to layer. :laughtwo: I still am currently using the 2:1 ratio Motoco.

That's great to hear! I can eat what I want but I still pay for it... lol

Sampling a new strain this morning so I'm doing pretty good at the moment! :rollit:

hey y'all

thanks for the shout out Smokey, and Canna that's great to hear. Personally i'm strain hunting. needing to find a strong sativa, have been doing a lot of research. doing well with the oil IBS wise. 5/6 weeks with no problems (one was without oil!). so far, so good. also have become more comfortable with making it, which is nice. :volcano-smiley:

Smokey- what strain are you working on now?

hey Canna,

meant to say thanks for the suggestion on getting sleep when my body or mind tells me to shut it down for a while, napping, etc.. i've been doing a lot of sleeping being on the oil and have been gently riding the waves as they come and go. will have to work out the sleep cycle a bit later (was up at 3am the other morning like i was shot out of a cannon) but for now i'm just doing what comes naturally. and, that said, i'm feeling pretty (capital "W") Well.

Thanks!

hey Canna,

meant to say thanks for the suggestion on getting sleep when my body or mind tells me to shut it down for a while, napping, etc.. i've been doing a lot of sleeping being on the oil and have been gently riding the waves as they come and go. will have to work out the sleep cycle a bit later (was up at 3am the other morning like i was shot out of a cannon) but for now i'm just doing what comes naturally. and, that said, i'm feeling pretty (capital "W") Well.

Thanks!

You are so welcome Bdubs. I read into it that you are feeling rested. That's a very good thing indeed. :cheer:

Edit: I second that "what strain" question, Smokey. Do tell! :)

That's great the oil is working well for you, RedSky! I kinda wondered if you were sleepy... :lot-o-toke:

It's a Blue OG from G13 Labs! It was an early sample but it seems nice so far. A very tasty strain I might add, taste stayed in my mouth for awhile after vaping. Definitely a strong berry candy type taste/smell going on, it reminds me of something specific but I just can't place it. When it was freshly cut and hung, it had a rather strong meat from inside of a pumpkin smell.

Gave me a nice mellow, relaxed type feeling that was overcome by smiles. In large amounts the eyes lids get heavy, visual perspective changes, mind is at complete ease and occasional waves can be felt through the body. I wasn't fully focused on tasks but I honestly think it's just because I was enjoying new strain day. Plus it was friday! Had the tunes cranked, went a few rounds with the dog and just enjoyed it. I'm thinking a repeat is in order. :)

Trainwreck might be up your alley if that's something you can try. I've never personally but was always one I considered, it is a hybrid though. Another I would like to try which is mostly and considered a pure sativa is Willie Nelson. Interestingly enough it claims to be helpful for crohns and gastrointestinal disorders too. I have some landrace sativas from World of Seeds I would like to try as I have been pretty happy with there gear. I just don't like the long flower time right now while I'm settling my organic wings. I was going to discontinue my Colombian Gold which likes 11-12 weeks to try another but I freaked out and took a flower clone last minute, so I don't know yet... Colombian has been with me for some time now.. :hmmmm:

Glad you found something of value here, DarkGreenGoo.

Personally, this thread and the people here helped me a TON. I am now in Colorado with *legal access* and have made great strides in treating my IBS symptoms. I have a bunch of thoughts now with greater experience. However, at the moment, I can't elaborate, but will do so in the next couple of days. I'm looking forward to contributing what I've learned.

In the meantime, what's going on? Any questions, thoughts? How long have you had it? Any suggestions to contribute for me and everybody else to consider? Would be all for helping others in this path, like those here did with me, so ask away.

I'll shut up after saying that now that I have treatment options, my IBS is resoundingly under control. I went from unemployed b/c of it to managing it and beating it. It's not a perfect solution, but roughly 90% of my symptoms are managed.

Hope your path allows for treatment too. Tap the people here if you'd like - lots of great, experienced, informed advice.

Peace,
RedSky

Alright, so I have some time to update y'all.

So, LEGAL ACCESS... is amazing. Access to an abundance of strains means that I am now able to keep a log of what works, what doesn't, and all the contributing factors.

What I've had success with:

- Still, orally dosing hash oil is the best treatment for my IBS (in my case, I have great access to CO2 extracted oil, which is preferable). I have been primarily dosing Durban Poison CO2 oil in the morning around 6 am. Primarily this has helped mood management (Bipolar Disorder), which, in turn, helps reduce the anxiety, stress, and depression that fuels much of the IBS symptoms. But, as well, orally dosing any strain (my previous, White Russian) helps tremendously in treating my daytime symptoms, which usually start first thing in the morning. Getting the THC into my system early helps iron out the rest of the day, and my daytimes (excluding first thing in the morning) go just fine. I started out dosing a half grain of rice of high CBD strain plus a half grain of Durban Poison. However, as my tolerance increased, I have gone up to 1 1/2 - 2 grains of rice of just DP (CBD+ strain didn't have much use, I'll discuss momentarily). This lasts until about midday or early afternoon, and is balanced out and modified with various flower and oil smoking/vaping. But, the longer curve/arch of the effects helps ensure a smooth balance of applicable THC and other Cannabinoids in the system to counteract the overactive GI tract, and the resulting nausea and diarrhea.

- Smoking Indica flower. Helps a ton with immediate instances of painful cramping and or overstimulation of digestive tract, relaxes the body and mind, which relaxes the GI tract. I have found, for some reason, that high THC Indicas, and ones that are either 100% Indica or with an alternately very high Indica:Sativa ratio are the best. As always, the immediacy of the effects of smoking help with acute symptoms, and with bowel problems, it can be a life saver. Indicas also work very well for nausea. Again, relaxing, sedative properties. Just be careful for over consumption and day time use. My go-to strain has been Master Perm, testing at 22% THC. But I have also been experimenting with other less cerebrally stimulating and more sedative strains like Hashplant, Farmer's Kush, Hell's OG, and White Bubba Hashplant. All of these Indica do the trick, but my preference is for Master Perm, which still allows for some creativity, productivity, and cerebral stimulation, while providing a great body relaxation. I've found that a good cerebrally stimulating but body relaxing indica like Master Perm is a beautiful thing in the very early morning just waking up. It starts the day off quite nicely, and the nausea and bowel problems I may or may not have initially go away within a few puffs. Again though, high THC.

- Dosing a well balanced hybrid in the afternoons helps with late day nausea, something that has crept up on me in recent times. It's gotten worse, but I've had a ton of stressors here. My go to strain is a second place Cannabis cup winner from a local dispensary here with a national reputation, The Farm (Boulder, CO), where they produce their proprietary strain, Alpha Blue, which usually tests in the 20%+ THC range. However, in the afternoons, mood management wise, I usually prefer a lower THC strain, and this Alpha Blue can be too much THC for me mentally, but my body and nausea sometimes dictate heavy THC dosages.

What is not working:

- I am still having a fair amount of bowel problems in the early morning, sometimes starting around 3pm and continuing until noon. That is the worst. Getting up in the middle of the night to poop with urgency is not fun. But, my problems have been largely limited to the mornings. To remedy this, I am starting a dosing regimen of a heavy Indica hash oil in the middle of the night, forcing myself to dose around midnight or 2 am. Generally, dosing oil lasts between 6-10 hours. If I dose a second time during the day, I'll take my second around midday with lunch. I am not far enough down the path of nighttime oral oil dosing to tell if there is success or not. Generally I have had problems 50% of the time. Again, some major stressors (the main cause for my IBS it seems) that influence the prevalence of symptoms.

- Smoking cigarettes, early morning, sometimes associated with preceding pains and nausea, that only multiplies with that first cig. OMG, this is possibly the worst nausea I have ever felt. Canna mentioned this a while back, that cigarettes can spark up an incident, but I have found this to be absolutely true on certain occasions. I haven't quite figured out when I'll enjoy the smoke versus have immediate downturn, but if I have a "gut" feeling that it is not a good idea, it's not a good idea. Usually, this is limited to the early mornings.

- Coffee. I love it and I still drink it, but along with cigarettes (possibly too many) and too much coffee can lead to morning problems, lasting until and after midday. I have found that I can have two moderate cups of coffee, and then the third usually sparks symptoms. No fun. Plus, if using a sativa strain during the mornings, I've found I need less coffee to feel like I can attack the challenges of the day. So, I've limited that. Good advice, again.

- Eating really heavy foods on days that are already going poorly. Really, this is all the stuff you all told me originally, so let this be a confirmation after trial and error, even with accessible cannabis meds. I've had to learn to really pay attention to how my body and mind feel during the course of the day. Better circumstances mean more freedom to do what I want, but this thing is for life, I'm accepting that, and I will probably forever have to watch myself and my choices more than I have in the past.

- Finally, STRESS. This seems to be the major influencer in my IBS occurrences. I have had to become highly conscious of what's going on in between my ears, because it directly affects my body and GI tract. It's gotten to the point where I can be having a conversation with someone where I get some stressful information relayed, and I literally immediately can feel my bowels tense, then the pain and needing to go sensations begin. I can be having a bowel movement in minutes. Therefore, I have really have no choice but to be hardcore about who I associate with, what, where, how, and why, etc..... I've had to become much more responsible for my health and well being.

There's probably more that I"ll come up with later, but I'm sitting in Starbucks doing some work and drinking hot chocolate on a snowy day, so good time to write, but I'm petering out lol....

Hope it helps.

Peace,
RedSky

Well, RedSky...I am so happy to read that you are where you wanted to be and are improving so much! It just warms my heart tremendously to read of positive outcomes.

So...on that note...here's a positive outcome that I felt the mandatory need to post to you all.

As some of you know, I have experienced some incredible life changing events in the last few months starting with losing my job of ten years in December last year. The loss of the job caused a spiraling of events, including...but not limited to ...having to stop my oil regimen and all signs of Cannabis in my home or body. (employer drug testing during my search for employment among other things) I'm not going to go into details, I would have to write a book to cover all of the events.

This was, without a doubt, the most stressful time of my entire life and I have not lived an easy life by any means..which is what kept my IBS/IBD alive and kicking all these years. The sheer pressures and stress that were coming at me from all sides during the last few months were just unbelievable.
Why am I telling you this? Because during this time, when I was in the worst mental and emotional state of my entire life, and more stressed than I have ever been....I did not have ONE single episode of IBS/IBD symptoms.

I SHOULD have had it in the worst way, based on my history with this disease and how stress always made it so much worse. It SHOULD have come on full force and debilitated me.

My symptoms had ended during the time I was on the oil regimen, gradually...but they ended. I'm not going to say I didn't have some stomach problems, but they were minor and manageable, and in my opinion were what any normal person would have in the same stress and pressure situations. I worried tremendously that it would come back when I couldn't use the oil, that added stress too. LOL I kept waiting for it, but it didn't happen.

So I'm going to state flat out here that I believe, without a doubt in my mind, that the oil regimen CURED my IBS/IBD. I'm not saying controlled it, I'm saying CURED it.
I did have my strains mixed up for awhile as far as night time and daytime, but that did not have any effect on the fact that the oil was working and healed my system. Healed my system. I feel so relieved to say that word. Healed. It's got a nice ring to it. ;-)

I can only hope and wish that others will be healed as I have been, and now that I can grow again I will be making the oil to keep my wellness at it's maximum.

I believe, and I am proof positive that this miracle plant cures.
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom