Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Wow Canna, that is great to hear! I hope all is well with the tumor as well! Would you mind sharing your dosing regimen for comparison, no rush dear, settle in. :)

Wow Canna, that is great to hear! I hope all is well with the tumor as well! Would you mind sharing your dosing regimen for comparison, no rush dear, settle in. :)

So Sorry Smokey, I missed answering this.

I worked my up to a gram a day (I was probably doing a bit more than that on some days. LOL) I started by doing only a half grain of size dose a few times a day, per Motoco's instructions on the How to dose correctly thread.
When I had worked my way to a gram, I would do a grain of rice size tack on and let it absorb and do another one after that was absorbed.
The schedule usually (I really did try to follow this schedule.LOL) went like this:

After morning coffee and toast: Two tack on dosage

Midmorning: Same Dose after snack

Lunchtime: Same Dose after lunch

2:30-ish p.m.: Mid after noon same dose

5:30 P.M.: Same dose after dinner

Bedtime: final same dosage

I say the size of a grain of rice, but I had it worked out where the size of the dosages would equal to a gram total for the day. So I was dosing about 6 or 7 times a day

You really should eat a snack or something before dosing, but I wasn't real great with that. LOL

Hope that helps. The whole idea is to get up to a gram a day for maximum effectiveness. After your ailments are cleared, whatever they may be, you just do maintenance dosing which is a much smaller amount each day. Motoco's thread helps a bunch with that:

:circle-of-love:

Thanks a bunch! I should have specified I would have been happy with "dosed a grains worth 6-7 times a day". :) Probably best you were more detailed for any others as well. I've been tacking for a little while now so I was curious. So great your rid of it! :thumb:

You're very welcome. Keep in mind I had to adjust my dosing to a work schedule. Others may not be able to do that at work.
That's got to be a pain to figure out for sure.

:volcano-smiley:

Edit: I missed another of your comments, on the tumor. I don't know anything on that yet, lost the health insurance during the time out of work. I'll be scheduling the needed testing as soon as my new job's health insurance kicks in. About two months. :)

I've been dealing with some kind of undiagnosed GI problem for like the past 5 years that I think is IBS. Undiagnosed because my doctor is a quack and won't diagnose me with anything until I get a colonoscopy done but I suffer severe depression and don't make squat for money and she doesn't seem to understand how inconvenient that procedure is for me. I can barely stay fed for most of the month and hold my lunch down as it is, I don't really want to starve myself intentionally for a few days to go have a camera wiggle around up there.

Anyway but as far as "internet doctoring" goes all my symptoms match IBS. I never have regular bowel movements, and they're frequently urgent and the worse part is they generally cause a sudden attack of intense nausea and vomiting in me. Most days I just sit and listen to my stomach rumbling constantly, or wake up in the night with sharp pains like I've got gas and just every random morning I'll have a terrible movement that just makes me instantly nauseas.

Cannabis is the only thing that helps the vomiting and gives me an appetite after an attack. I don't know why the vomiting is so intense, but I literally get to the point where I cannot even hold water down and have to go to the ER for an IV. After such an event, my stomach is usually sore and I don't want to eat for days. Without cannabis I'd probably be in the hospital a lot more.

Cannafan: you mentioned a cure for ibs with the oil. Does that mean you can stop taking the oil and have no symptoms?

Thanks!

HI Otherguy,

I don't know that it will cure others, I only know that it cured mine. :)

I had to stop my oil and all use of cannabis for about 8 months due to drug testing for jobs this year. I was apprehensive to do that, but it was necessary.
I did not have one episode of IBS/IBD during that time! It's almost like the oil caught the "break" in my system and repaired it.
I am now back on my oil regimen for other reasons, not for the IBS.
Soooo happy to be back with it, my energy level and overall general feeling of wellness are something I don't want to be without ever again.

:circle-of-love:

Can anyone here pointment me in the right direction? Been dealing with this IBS for about 3 years now. I have had all of the tests done and no one can explain why I am in pain while everything comes back normal. I don't know if Iowa has any dispensaries to get the strains that have mentioned in previous posts. Any help that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone here pointment me in the right direction? Been dealing with this IBS for about 3 years now. I have had all of the tests done and no one can explain why I am in pain while everything comes back normal. I don't know if Iowa has any dispensaries to get the strains that have mentioned in previous posts. Any help that you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I would check out NORML's website for state laws for Iowa and see if they have medical laws on the books, and if so, do some online digging to establish how it is set up and where you can buy, etc. As for strains, it will be trial and error - what has worked here for some may not work for you. If all this pans out and you can select specific strains at local dispensaries, I would suggest trying ones with the terpene myrcene. You'll have to ask about that, if they're knowledgeable budtenders, and look online at websites like Leafly for strain information. The more you throw yourself into this treatment and really put in the work the better you'll be able to establish whether or not this is the best treatment for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. After checking the site you provided, I have found out that only CBD is allowed for patients that have seizures. There aren't any other legal avenues in Iowa for medical purposes. So, needless to say, I have some challenges to overcome for sourcing what I need to help with my IBS.

Dear all,
I have IBS since 17 years, I am now 37 years old. I am giving CCO to my mum for her colon cancer (surgery removed it 5 years ago but its now metastasized in the lungs), and I was thinking to try it out for my IBS. I have the classical symptoms of IBS-D (Diarrhea), such as abdominal pain, diarrhea,fatigue,headache,dermatitis etc). I made all the possible exams (gastroscopy,colonscopy,blood exams),but nothing was found. I am not celiac. I have a few questions:

1) Which type of administration would you suggest? Oral or rectal (Biobombs?) (for my mum I prepare biobombs, rectal administration)
2) which dosage?

Thanks
V.

Dear all,
I have IBS since 17 years, I am now 37 years old. I am giving CCO to my mum for her colon cancer (surgery removed it 5 years ago but its now metastasized in the lungs), and I was thinking to try it out for my IBS. I have the classical symptoms of IBS-D (Diarrhea), such as abdominal pain, diarrhea,fatigue,headache,dermatitis etc). I made all the possible exams (gastroscopy,colonscopy,blood exams),but nothing was found. I am not celiac. I have a few questions:

1) Which type of administration would you suggest? Oral or rectal (Biobombs?) (for my mum I prepare biobombs, rectal administration)
2) which dosage?

Thanks
V.

I've help 3 with chronic IBS using 1:1 strain. Symptoms reduced by an estimated 80% inside of 4 days of using oil. We dosed them with 20:1 bio bombs, 4x per day as suppositoires. They now take a maintenance dose and live pretty much symptom free :)

I see Chew got here first with all the right answers. :laughtwo: I love this team. :high-five:

My daughter knows this is the solution to her grief, but she steadfastly refuses to try. Shoving capsules up her butt doesn't appeal to her. She's lived with it all her life and she figures she'll heal in time with the cannabinoid therapy she's already on. She may be right about that, but I'll have her read Chew's response and maybe she'll figure a week to get the system might not be a bad idea.

I see Chew got here first with all the right answers. :laughtwo: I love this team. :high-five:

My daughter knows this is the solution to her grief, but she steadfastly refuses to try. Shoving capsules up her butt doesn't appeal to her. She's lived with it all her life and she figures she'll heal in time with the cannabinoid therapy she's already on. She may be right about that, but I'll have her read Chew's response and maybe she'll figure a week to get the system might not be a bad idea.

Nope. She acknowledges the value of the treatment, but can't get past her aversion to the administration route. On a happy note, our conversation caused her to stop and evaluate, and after nearly a year straight on her protocol of four capsules a day her system has begun to settle down on its own. You gotta love the effectiveness of cannabinoid therapies, eh? :battingeyelashes: :love:

Nope. She acknowledges the value of the treatment, but can't get past her aversion to the administration route. On a happy note, our conversation caused her to stop and evaluate, and after nearly a year straight on her protocol of four capsules a day her system has begun to settle down on its own. You gotta love the effectiveness of cannabinoid therapies, eh? :battingeyelashes: :love:

That's such a shame Sue. There's something very special about suppositories isn't there? The most effective delivery method imo :)

Good to hear that it's starting to work for her though :)

That's such a shame Sue. There's something very special about suppositories isn't there? The most effective delivery method imo :)

Good to hear that it's starting to work for her though :)

Yes indeed Chew. I'm starting to get aggressive, in my own way, about recommending them for back pain.

Back
Top Bottom