Is the sea of green method right for me!?

nomissimon

Hey all!!

So I'll try to make this quick. I'm a noob to growing in general and especially so to indoor growing. Nevertheless, I've decided to begin a small grow project for personal consumption. I purchased a 2'x3'x5' grow tent, one 150w HPS light with reflector, and filter/fan. I'm still waiting before purchasing the seeds and grow medium, although I've decided on northern lights indica for its characteristics and soil as my medium.

I know that my light is the weakest possible light that could still grow successfully, and I chose it for my needs (small space, one to two plants max).

My question is this: Despite the space and light limitations, could I still successfully achieve decent yields using the Sea if Green method, and if so how many plants could I get away with growing given my grow setup???

I was initially planning on doing a Scrog bc of space and light restraints, but am now curious as to the possibilities of the SOG method. Any and all help you guys could provide would go a long way!! Thanks!!

I wouldn't do.more then 1 plant with that really. With 150 watts I wouldn't worry ab]ot a scrog orvsog. Do 2/3 plants and don't let them geg taller then 5 inches

Well, it's generally 60 watts per square foot, so you're looking at about 3 square feet of growing space. I agree with Dmaul. One plant. Maybe two. That's not enough for a SOG.

Thanks for the replies! Cannafan, many thanks for that link on posting my personal setup. I'll be sure to do so once all my ducks are in a row. Dmaul and DrOfDank, although I might not be able to achieve a SOG because of the reduced number of plants, might I still grow say 2-4 plants using the SOG principles?? i.e. Switching to flowering after a short vegetative period?

Dmaul, in order to keep plants at 5 inches or so, wouldn't I have to cut the vegetative cycle very short, as in the SOG method?

The Scrog method was particularly attractive because of its economical use of small space. I've seen some pretty impressive yields with a single plant in a space noticeably smaller than my own. Anyway, I'm very open to input. Thanks in advance!

HI nomissimon, yes I do. It's the very first link in my signature.

Also, just for the sake of ideas check out peejay's grow. He made individual screens for his SCRog, one for each plant. Makes them mobile if needed and you can turn the plants if you need to adjust any areas to get more light...etc. etc.
I thought it was a very cool idea:
PeeJay's Perpetual Organic Homebrewed Soil - Stealth Cabinet And Greenhouse Grow Post # 108 on that page shows them.
Have fun!:thumb:

Interesting idea, Doc. I read elsewhere that to achieve a mini scrog I could grow a few plants, determine the females (if I'm not buying feminized seeds) and make clones from the females and grow a SOG from there. Would this work? The blog went on to mention that the plants be made to flower immediately since they're already sexually mature.

Grown in this fashion, do you know how many plants I could get away with? Furthermore, if grown in soil with a 150hps in a 2x4x5 tent, how long would they have to flower for before harvest?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just new to the SOG idea..Mostly read up on SCRog

Back
Top Bottom