Is this mites?

Blackjack666

420 Member
Pretty sure the little bastards did survive and move inside from the balcony after the summer, but can anyone confirm?

White spots and yellowing on lower leaves, fresh cuttings in bubbler under gentle Light until they take root.

20240121_233452.jpg

20240121_233442.jpg

20240121_233425.jpg

20240121_233406.jpg

Pretty sure the little bastards did survive and move inside from the balcony after the summer, but can anyone confirm?

White spots and yellowing on lower leaves, fresh cuttings in bubbler under gentle Light until they take root.

20240121_233452.jpg

20240121_233442.jpg

20240121_233425.jpg

20240121_233406.jpg
Hello it might be thrips, I would expect more tiny spots from mites .
You should be able to find the mites on the underside of the leaves on a good inspection if its them .

20240121_233452.jpg

20240121_233442.jpg

20240121_233425.jpg

20240121_233406.jpg
Can you see anything underneath?
Poop ? Eggs ? Mites are tiny though.
Scope makes it easier to see them.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Nothing visible at all on the undersides with bare eye, few glossy spots on some leaves.

I probably should go through everything green in the house with pyrethrine and plant soap, though..
Hang a few yellow sticky cards ,it will be hiding somewhere

I keep sticky traps out on every run. Nice to see what's lurking in the garden.

I do use yellow. However they say blue works also

"Yellow is attractive to many insects commonly found in gardens or greenhouses, including winged adult white flies, aphids (see Yellow pan traps, below), leaf miner flies, fungus gnats and thrips (which are also reportedly attracted to blue)."

Information

I keep sticky traps out on every run. Nice to see what's lurking in the garden.

I do use yellow. However they say blue works also

"Yellow is attractive to many insects commonly found in gardens or greenhouses, including winged adult white flies, aphids (see Yellow pan traps, below), leaf miner flies, fungus gnats and thrips (which are also reportedly attracted to blue)."

Information
I should have read your comment basically said the same 🤣🙏

Myself and two other local growers lost everything to spider mites this past fall. They were determined to get indoors. Took a half dozen cuttings from an infected Lambs bread plant so I could try to save the genetics. I used different treatments and only one survived. Neem oil, rosemary oil and pyrethrine smuthered the leaf, killing the cutting before it could root. Spray the underside and top of each leaf and stem with PH water every day until you get good established roots. after rooted; One teaspoon rosemary infused oil, one teaspoon neem oil one teaspoon dawn soap, one quart water, spray at lights out. Spray strait water just before lights on to rinse. Rooms are mite free and she is donating more clones right now before going into flower.

Back
Top Bottom