Jack Herer, Kera Seeds, 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 200w LED, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

I wish y'all could smell her. It's fresh fragrant but not heavy smell .. it's really awesome to open up the tent and have that smell greet you. The pictures do not really do her justice, I dont seem to get what I see transferred to a still. The colours are way better than we see here, its a feast to the eyes.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that I believe she learned me something I kinda knew, but didnt appreciate.
In hydro, the pH should be allowed to drift between 5.5 and 6.5, and not anally kept at 5.8.

As you can see over the last few days, there was a deficiency forming. Seemed Cal to me, so added a bit extra last feed, to not much results; it got worse. That means it has to be locked out for some reason, and as I couldnt imagine any imbalances so severe as to lock it out, it has to be pH in my mind.

Went over the charts again, and while some say that at 5.8, everything is available, most suggest that we need a pH just below 6 but well above 5.8 for Ca to be available. I thus pH-ed to 6.1 yesterday, and it seems that fixed my issue.

I dont have material to compare by, so you'll have to trust me on my blue eyes; higher pH stopped the deficiency progression, and I think we are back on track here. I will make some more pictures of the same leaf over the next days to help track.

Nice grow!
How many tents do you have set upat one time? lol
Thanks! This is shaping up to be my best grow yet, really happy with how she is doing myself as well :)

I have 3 2ftx2ft tents, and a T5 mounted under a table for the clone spot .. doesnt need a tent. I'm debating a 4th 2x2.
Reason has to do with no good space for a 4x4, and this way I can grow a plant per tent and reach her easily. With a 4x4, I always had to go 'through' the front 2 to reach the back 2, resulting the back 2 receiving less care, with obvious results.

Getting nervous here. She is looking good-ish, I think the Eureka moment on the pH swing saved the day, but I might have added to much CalMag to the mix by now. Giving it another day.

She might be close as well .. not too many new pistils, need to make sure I'm not too late this time. That would be a first :) She has another week left before Ripening and Flush and possibly dark period. It could also be that I started counting flowering too late.

Getting nervous here. She is looking good-ish, I think the Eureka moment on the pH swing saved the day, but I might have added to much CalMag to the mix by now. Giving it another day.

She might be close as well .. not too many new pistils, need to make sure I'm not too late this time. That would be a first :) She has another week left before Ripening and Flush and possibly dark period. It could also be that I started counting flowering too late.

She looks beautiful :)

My gf should not see me look into this tent .. I fear she would chop this girl without hesitation when she would see me stare at her, and all her offspring as well :D

Last 3 weeks are counting .. normally I would be chopping about now .. I see some amber trichomes left and right, but I also still see white pistils, and I decided to for once make sure those are no longer sprouting left and right before looking at trichomes. She has been patiently explaining that I am a dumbass over the last few grows, and I think I finally learned :)

The deficiency seems to have stabilized, added a bit more flower nutes to keep at EC 1.8 and pH-ed to 6.0 to make up for being below 6 for so long. With her drinking water at the rate she does, the pH should drop as she drinks, giving her full access over the night, up for eval on nute change tomorrow. Prelim eval:

Week 6, last week with flowering nutes. At the end of this week I will switch her to Ripen, try to not harvest for the next 10 days, and then flush. She is looking awesome, she smells even better.

The deficiency seems to have stabilized, so all good I would say.

Week 6, last week with flowering nutes. At the end of this week I will switch her to Ripen, try to not harvest for the next 10 days, and then flush. She is looking awesome, she smells even better.

The deficiency seems to have stabilized, so all good I would say.

Looking good @PlanetJ hope your having a good day.
Those frosty buds are closing in on the finish line nicely.
Won't be long yill your in trim city,hehe ;)
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill

Patience getting rewarded over here .. I once read about 10% amber, chop. I used to basically find a leave with 10-ish % amber, and go chop. I'm now basically ignoring every amber trichome I'm seeing, while I still see fresh green and white pistils.

Halfway through week 6 of flowering at the moment, at the end of this week, I will switch the res to Ripen only, keep her on that for 10 days, and then flush for 2, and then 36h dark just to test with a strain I know. I didnt see any improvement on my Blue Cheese, nor did I notice any difference. Chalking that up to me messing up her flowering time and end of flower, so lets see what Herer has to say on the topic :p

It's so hard to not start sampling .. she looks so great already .. I have definitely been chopping too soon on every previous harvest. I cant wait to taste properly matured bud .. especially when my own product is kinda better then whatever I have tasted anywhere else .. so yah .. I'll call it graduation..

Maybe some more pics later with lights on. 2 more days till switch to Ripen, seems right on track to me. 10 days Ripen, 2 days flush, done..

Some frosty looking plants PlanetJ!

I'm really happy with how she comes along. It's a joy to grow and she is teaching me a lot every time around.

I'm finally getting to a point where I would dare say I know her. And for this lady, the less I do, the more she rewards me for it.

It also helps when you don't put them om ripen 2 weeks early or shit like that. Having a journal > guestimating

Back
Top Bottom