Taste: Sour / Cheese
Effect: Heavy stoned
Flowering: ~10 Weeks

Growroom setup:

Space
: 60x60cm (2x2ft) SecretJardin DarkStreet DS60
Lamp: 150w Mars Hydro TS-1000
Extraction fan: Ruck EM125
Circulation fan: noname, cheapest model with clip, mounted below canopy.
Reservoir: 15L (4gal) bucket filled to ~12L
Airpump: Prosilent a200
Airstone: generic circular airstone

Fertilizer information:

Brand: Terra Aquatiqa (T.A.) aka General Hydroponics
Line: Tri-part + Final part (+ Flashclean)
Regimen: Keep EC at lower bound recommended level on bottle, flush and change nutes on phase change (1st roots, growing, pre-flower, flower, ripen, flush) Keep water level topped off daily and PH adjust as required, add nutes based on EC and by judging how much water was added over last few days (roughly, by memory) dividing by half and adding to topped off reservoir as per regular instructions.

Introduction:

Hey all, back from long time no see. Somewhere on here there are a few abandoned and or completed growjournals that show how I started, and also why I stopped posting journals :D I since learned a lot and was able to invest a bit, and decided it's time I started giving back with what I learned. I also just want to share my adventures as they have become interesting I'd say.

The Blue Cheese that will be featured in this journal, has been flowering for about a month and is doing what it is supposed to do. Nothing much to say to be honest. She will not see the other rooms, as she is making room for a White Fire OG from GrowersChoice

Ph will we measured and adjusted to 5.8 daily, EC will be kept at or below the low-end of the bottle recommendation for the current grow phase, as I am not growing in a CO2 enriched environment, and as with most things, less is more.

The reservoir is cleaned when I do a water change, using some bleach.

Other than that, not much care is given, I dont play music for them, I dont brew special teas, I dont treat them as anything but their nickname, a weed. They seem to like a bit of abuse.

Defoliation mainly centres around keeping the bud sites free from cover, but once trichomes are forming in large enough numbers; those leafs I will tuck, pluck shorter, but in general I leave them on the plant, as trichomes are trichomes :p

For now, chilling in bloom:

Hey @PlanetJ Hope you are well my friend.
Looks like your ready to harvest.
Beautiful crop.
I'm in for the new grow though.:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
Hey Bill, thanks for the interest! For the new grow, look at the Super Silver Haze journal :) This one has at least 4 more weeks to go.

Humming along quite nicely here, nothing to do really, except top water off, readjust the pH back to 5.8 afterwards, and note that the EC is 0.1 below recommended lower bound on bottle. Nothing to do today, tomorrow she will get a fresh res with flowering nutes. Its been sitting for a little over a week now so its about ready for a change. No need to flush at this point, no nute change, and I have been feeding conservatively.

At this point, I dont do a lot to the plants any longer .. only removing blocking leafs when they are not covered in trichomes.

It's still week 5 of flowering for these ladies, or at least that's where I'm putting it, havent kept track.
Today, I only looked at the pH and the EC values, and decided I will do nothing further. No extra water, no adding nutes.

She should be around EC 1.4 lower end according to the feeding chart, but given those leaf ends, I think I can get away with the current values and change the res tomorrow. Already did 2, I'm calling it a day :Rasta:

Pictures; trying to find out how to make this easy to digest. Let me know if there are sane naming conventions for the pics that you'd like to see and I will see if I can implement that into my unorganized way of doing stuff :cool:

Without further ado, lets skip my rambling and just show how she's doing:

This lady is coming along nicely. I have been using a bit less N on her, as she tends to not use a lot and end up way to dark green for my liking otherwise. You can see what I mean on some of the lower leafs. She smells like a mix between pulling open a bag of sourcream chips and something cheese. To be honest, I dont like her smell at all. I guess thats what you risk with bagseed. When dry, its still too sour for my liking, but it gets ya stoned for sure.

This will be her last run, she will get replaced by a White Fire OG after this run.

w5d6

Blue Cheese looks great from a distance, but it seems there is a bit of an imbalance going on down there. I will change res completely today, as I have been topping this one off for a while now. New update after lights on and in fresh res :)

Yesterday I wasnt able to do anything on the plants, and left them to themselves. I either f-ed up badly the day before when adding some water, or something went south in there, as the further down pictures illustrate. For now, the overview in her morning:

Not too bad, but definitely not something you like to see when opening up a tent.
The solution is simple: the solution :rofl:

A fresh res of flowering nutes at not too high a level and at the almost right pH :p
Now, I was kinda curious how on earth I could have deficiencies, given previous posts, but next two pics illustrate that quite nicely I think:

So yah, fresh res should do the trick for sure, and it stands to reason I f-ed up.

Pretty pic to end with:

Thanks for watching, new update tomorrow

Yesterday I wasnt able to do anything on the plants, and left them to themselves. I either f-ed up badly the day before when adding some water, or something went south in there, as the further down pictures illustrate. For now, the overview in her morning:

Not too bad, but definitely not something you like to see when opening up a tent.
The solution is simple: the solution :rofl:

A fresh res of flowering nutes at not too high a level and at the almost right pH :p
Now, I was kinda curious how on earth I could have deficiencies, given previous posts, but next two pics illustrate that quite nicely I think:

So yah, fresh res should do the trick for sure, and it stands to reason I f-ed up.

Pretty pic to end with:

Thanks for watching, new update tomorrow
Is it just the lighting?
They look a little lighter colored in the first pic. :Namaste:
Buds are coming along nicely.

Stay safe
Bill

Is it just the lighting?
They look a little lighter colored in the first pic.
Post above it is in no light + flash. I give this plant a lit less N than prescribed, as she showed N abundance last 3 runs. Trying to keep that down a bit, might be too elephantish in a porcelain cabinet ..

I think there is a combination of stuff going on here. 1st, I'm giving less Tripart Grow than prescribed. I think this feeds into the deficiency we are seeing. As it cant be P, I'm gonna guess that my Grow contains the Cal-Mag, and I thus added some Cal-Mag to the mix. Went for 1ml/L and added that to the fresh Flower mix from yesterday, as the deficiency seems to have progressed.

We will know tomorrow how good this call was .. I havent had any issues before, except way too much N late bloom, so I'm hoping I tackled this now with the Cal-Mag. Feel free to comment on what you think I should do instead, as well, etc. I'm not too experienced with deficiencies.

:Namaste:

I think there is a combination of stuff going on here. 1st, I'm giving less Tripart Grow than prescribed. I think this feeds into the deficiency we are seeing. As it cant be P, I'm gonna guess that my Grow contains the Cal-Mag, and I thus added some Cal-Mag to the mix. Went for 1ml/L and added that to the fresh Flower mix from yesterday, as the deficiency seems to have progressed.

We will know tomorrow how good this call was .. I havent had any issues before, except way too much N late bloom, so I'm hoping I tackled this now with the Cal-Mag. Feel free to comment on what you think I should do instead, as well, etc. I'm not too experienced with deficiencies.

:Namaste:

I knew yesterday that something was off. :Namaste:
Your using GH. right?
By now I usually cut the nitrogen out .
Just whats in the micro.
Calmag every feed always in my mix first and bump up the p-k full strength long ago.
And extra K.
But But I grow in coco.
@Rexer will be by shortly I'm sure.
He can advise us what he thinks.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom