JakeWilde's OG Cheese - Clone First Grow - 150W HPS - Soil

Your plant looks great man! Super super frosty and yummy looking!
I reckon our plants are almost nearly on the same days into flowering, things look about right to me both ways, I'm so stoked for this.

I'm excited to just have my first grow indoor almost done and it be a pretty good one for a small 2 plant grow. I'm really happy with the grow and hope they all go this smooth. I don't want to jinx myself, but it seems like there should be some decent weight there for them having been done in a 2' x 3' x 5' space. I have Boveda packs, jars, and even a drying rack ready to go. I have some really good smoke now, but man I hope/bet mine is better, I can't wait! :)

One thing alone makes that pot better, you grew it. It's going to get you higher than you've ever been before. It's partly euphoria because you know you grew it. But I remember getting SO HIGH off some my first couple plants, even though they weren't the frostiest.

Your shit is frosty and is way better than the first plants I grew lol WAY FROSTIER. Great job Jake.

One thing alone makes that pot better, you grew it. It's going to get you higher than you've ever been before. It's partly euphoria because you know you grew it. But I remember getting SO HIGH off some my first couple plants, even though they weren't the frostiest.

Your shit is frosty and is way better than the first plants I grew lol WAY FROSTIER. Great job Jake.

Well thanks a lot man, they are frostier than anything I used to grow outside as well. I just clipped a sugar-leaf and I see about 40-50% milky with a smattering of some amber. Holy crap I'm stoked!

I'm just going to cut it directly at the stalk and hang them up right where they are for a week of lights out. I'm going to keep the air cycled yet try to keep it at 40% humidity. I'll cut fan leaves, but leave sugar leaves alone until they're ready for jars and Boveda packs. I have a ton of the wide mouth quart canning jars with the air tight plastic lids and a bunch of the Boveda packs. My wife cans tons of veggies every year so I stole some jars from her...ssshhhhh :)

I don't see many people posting their cure process, but I think that is part of the start to finish grow.

I always leave the fan leaves on while drying. They block the buds from the direct airflow. The buds stay frostier, they take a little longer to dry a few days max. Plus you want all of the moisture to be sucked into the stems and then pushed into the buds, so they get the rest of the sugars that are stored.

I always leave the fan leaves on while drying. They block the buds from the direct airflow. The buds stay frostier, they take a little longer to dry a few days max. Plus you want all of the moisture to be sucked into the stems and then pushed into the buds, so they get the rest of the sugars that are stored.

I guess I'll be doing it wrong then because minimizing the mess in my white condo with white carpet is more important to me. We're selling soon and I don't even have a decent utility area to do anything. I've cured smoke like this before and you're probably right, but the smoke won't suffer much and I'm sure I'll still be happy.

Just throwin it out there brotha! There are a million and 2 ways to do things they'll be perfect anyway you do it :)

It has been a point of frustration for me. The place is immaculate and trying to keep it clean smelling and clean has been daunting at times to have a grow op in the middle of it. Neither of us are OCD about it, but we want to sell pretty bad and it is almost ready to be put up. I will have a huge farm then (we're looking at 45 acres) and I'll have the luxury of curing any way I like. :)

Maaaan that would be the life. Having your own land to do what ever you wanted to do on it. I can't wait for that life...

They still aren't quite ready. I may go lights-out Friday night to Saturday night and pull them Sat. night. It gives me another chance to flush them. There are still a lot of hairs on the big tops that need to turn. The trichs are +50% and I see amber sporadically through the mix. Do the biggest buds mature the slowest? It seems like mine are. I'm going to keep an eye on it and go lights-out at 75%. That should be Friday...maybe Thursday.

They'll finish up quickly. My big buds still have a few white pistils on it, but I pulled a day or 2 early.

The top nugs always finish last, they are getting the most light and want to keep going longer.

I cut both plants at the stalk on Day 78/Day 55 of 12/12. I have a preliminary smoke report. The herb is green and the trichs are really frosty. I smoked from a couple grams I quick dried and it tasted superb. A hint of skunk but wintery. The buzz was better than anything I've smoked in years. They do NOT grow like this commercially! I have a guy already begging me for some. I'm like dude! It is for me! :)

Awesome smoke report my friend. What's the high like? Is it a cheesy taste at all? Or did the OG overpower the cheesy goodness?

Thanks man, it is an uplifting high but good body stone too. Dry weight report is 5.75 oz. One plant was a 2.75 oz. yield and one was 3 oz. yield. I'm super super happy with that for it being a 5 foot vertical space.

I also had 2 oz. of super sticky sugar leaves I'm going to grind up in the coffee grinder.

Back
Top Bottom