James The 1st First Journal

Yea I think I'm going to stick with the JH. When I start these next seeds it will be strictly in the tent with both LEDs & all 3 fans for the best circulation possible.

Thanks Greeen! I'm trying to make a good first impression on this forum by not only going the LED route but also going the high brix route on my second grow. Actually the newly transplanted female is tasting some of the high brix soil right now so she will be a preview of things to come.

James! How are the plants doing. You should be getting close to harvest now! :thumb:

Nah I have been busy at work & neglected the plants that were in flowering a little I'm trying to get them to bounce back. I bought 2 timers for the lights so I can keep on my schedule. I have 3 females in flower right now 2 known females in veg about 5 seedlings that have sprouted strictly off of BP nutes & water, the growth is crazy. I may post pics tomorrow before work.

If the females in flower don't seem to be doing good after another week then I will put them back into veg & move all of the plants into the tent & just veg the hell out of them until the tent is a forest then switch to flower. I'm going to order the feminized JH seeds next week & sit on them patiently until this batch is done.

I had to chalk 2 plants that turned out to be males. I moved all of the plants from the veg chamber to into the new tent as you can see in the pic. I managed to hang both LED panels with 1 16' oscillating fan & 2 8' fans 1 are blowing fresh air in & the other is blowing used air out. After doing all of that I have 2 power strips one is bringing power into the tent then the other one I plugged into a timer & then I plugged the timer into the main power strip. The power strip that is plugged into the timer has the fan that is blowing out & the 2 LED lights plugged into it. The fan blowing in the oscillating fan are both on constantly.

where i am, 1gallon = just over 4 litres, how many mls in a litre in the us, a 2ltr pop bottle holds 4 pints or just over, a gallon here is just over 4 litres so when i mix up a 2ltr pop bottle of nutes then i just add half what it says, so a gallon for me would be 2 x 2ltr pop bottles, but as i dont need to mix up a gallon i just use 2 litres and add half what it says, ill double check and see what the difference is.
just found the info mate, here it is.
UK gallon = 4.5 litres
US gallon = 3.8 litres

A litre is a litre wherever you are so it's easier to stick to litres or as it's spelt in american liters, so by the looks of that a us gallon is slightly smaller than a uk gallon, so as bpn is a usa brand that means that a gallon is 3.8 litres in the UK, a litre is the same in the uk and usa so its just the gallon thats slightly different, so when i mix up my bpn mixture at half strength im actually slight under the amount needed, so my plants have been getting slightly less bpn than i would if i was using usa gallon, its a bit confusing but its not that much difference either way, well i say not much but its over half a litre which is 500ml, so in theory i could add slight more than im adding at the moment and this would then bring me in line with the usa gallon, thanks for bringing this up.
i knew their was a difference but didnt think it was that much, so now ill slightly add more nutes when i mix my next batch up,
so you should have some idea now of the difference, so if you have been using 2 litres as a gallon then you have been giving your plants twice as much as the recomended dose,

so for me a 2 litre bottle is slight under a usa gallon,
so as us gallon is just under 4 litres to a gallon, so a 2litre pop bottle is half a gallon in the usa, so looking at that im only slightly off when i mix up 2 litres of water and nutes, so by me giving half the stated dose means my plants are getting roughly the right amount.

i had to check when i first got my nutes as i got them from the US so had to check the quantities and thats when i found out they measures where slightly different, not much but it all adds up,

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom