James The 1st First Journal

I really didn't count on this thing being this big but I am not complaning. So me being me I decided to germinate 3 seeds & I put 4 straight in soil. I have to get a fan speed adjuster a filter some ducting & a oscillating fan for then the girls will be put into their new space.

nice mate, looks like your going to have a nice set up, if you have a ratchet light raising thing then make sure you dont try raising the light without supporting it, the weight of the light and you pulling on the ratchet will cause the bar to bend holding the light, i seen it on another journal on here, the grower pulled the cords to raise the light and the weight of the light and him pulling the cords down was to much for the poll holding the light

Yea I am going to get some of those & I'm thinking of tying both of the light hangers together formore support & get a friend of mine to make me something to hang the filter & ducting with. I want to maximize every bit of space during my next grow.

sounds like your getting growing pretty quick, it should be a good setup when you got it all up and running properly, cant wait to see what you can do with this new setup

Yea I'm only goingto use this for flowering until we move then it's on to tent number 2. I' pretty excited to have all this extra space to work with. This will help to keep me sane during the winter when race season is over.

Hey JT1st,

If you're using OC+, that lasts 6 months, so don't follow the feed schedule for BPN, ask Corey for his input. Also be careful with any other ferts you may use as you'll burn the crap out of them with all of those at once.

Also, don't trust the light hanger bars with plastic end hooks. My lights fell on my plants and I have read of it happening to basically everyone who has a tent with plastic hooks on the light hanger bar. Otherwise, those tents are awesome.

What did you pay for the blackstar 250w?

I paid $230 shipped. & I was thinking of either weaving some bungies through the poles or knowing me I'll concoct some type of thin to make hanging the lights above the plants.

Today was move up day for the girls everything seems to have come at the right time. Got the tent yesterday & the LED panel arrived shortly before I got home from the Hydro store. We picked up 2 Venus flytraps, some worm castings, 3 5 gallon Smart pots for the girl's last transplant, racheting light hangers & some Indonesian bat guano.

I had no idea that the new light was going to be here so later today after the sun goes down I'm going to pick up a fan to put in the tent. Also I seem to still have some gnats so I will be doing the Neem oil thing again but to the soil only since last time the plants seem to have been stressed out by the treatment on the leaves.

Hey James! That new tent sounds awesome. Bigger is always better if you have the room! Sounds like it turned in your favor!

I was going to use BPN with my oc+ during my grow during the mid to late flower only. I would use a very very small amount of nutes. Maybe even a 1/4 to 1/5th strength at first. And only at every other or third water at first. That is what I plan on doing not trying to tell you what to do. Hope you don't get me wrong. Great idea to see what Cory thinks. I grew some great plants with the BPN Organic. Just didn't like the smell and the mixing of the nutes. I believe the 2 part would mix better with the oc+ because it is not organic. To me there would be no replacement for the oc+ just can't beat the low maintenance.

I always put the oc+ on the top of the soil too. Just because it is the easiest way to apply for me. After a few waterings. The nutes for the oc+ are lodged deeper into the soil and roots. There really would be no way to remove it once it is applied.

i found putting fly papers near the plants helps loads, this actually got rid of all the small flies i had, i have still got a couple in the veg room, but the flower room is now fly free and i only used fly papers, i did cover the pots with newspaper and made it tight so nothing could get in or out and this helped loads, so after the papers caught all the flying ones they must of died under the paper cuz when i took the paper off i have had no problems since

Hey James! That new tent sounds awesome. Bigger is always better if you have the room! Sounds like it turned in your favor!

I was going to use BPN with my oc+ during my grow during the mid to late flower only. I would use a very very small amount of nutes. Maybe even a 1/4 to 1/5th strength at first. And only at every other or third water at first. That is what I plan on doing not trying to tell you what to do. Hope you don't get me wrong. Great idea to see what Cory thinks. I grew some great plants with the BPN Organic. Just didn't like the smell and the mixing of the nutes. I believe the 2 part would mix better with the oc+ because it is not organic. To me there would be no replacement for the oc+ just can't beat the low maintenance.

I always put the oc+ on the top of the soil too. Just because it is the easiest way to apply for me. After a few waterings. The nutes for the oc+ are lodged deeper into the soil and roots. There really would be no way to remove it once it is applied.

That's exactly what I plan on doing! I have also put my leftover soil in a blue storage bin & mixed in the bat guano & the worm castings. I'm following a soil recipe I saw in one of the journals here & then tweeked it with Doc Bud's recommendations that he made.

i found putting fly papers near the plants helps loads, this actually got rid of all the small flies i had, i have still got a couple in the veg room, but the flower room is now fly free and i only used fly papers, i did cover the pots with newspaper and made it tight so nothing could get in or out and this helped loads, so after the papers caught all the flying ones they must of died under the paper cuz when i took the paper off i have had no problems since

I may try the newspaper to see if that helps. I do have the sticky strips & they help a lot, I don't really have many in my grow space but they do seem to pop up every couple of days. Like today there were 4 in the veg space so I killed them but then I may not see anymore for 2-3 days. There is no damage to my plants they still look very green & healthy when you look at them with the light off. Today was the first time in a while that I took one of the plants out of the led light & I was very surprised to see how green & healthy it was. I know the girls are going to love the tent when I went to move them they actually grew taller than I could raise the light in there.

you got to watch them bugs, its not the flying ones that cause the harm, its the larvae in the soil, they eat the roots of the plants and will kill a plant, all i did was get a sheet of newspaper and cut a slit in it, then i slid it over the pot do the stem of the plant went in the slit, then i taped the newspaper up around the pot and taped the slit up, this then totally sealed the top of the pot, id do this after you have watered so it can be on for a couple of days, then all i did to water was cut a slit and water then tape it back up again, i found after about 7 days their was no more flies flying around, its fiddly to do but did solve the problem.

the other thing you can do is let the pot really dry out, they like warm moist compost and dont like it dry, so as long as you let it dry out between each watering they should soon vanish

Just came from Wally World picked up another indoor thermometer/humidity reader & a fan. I'm thinking I may need 1 more but I will wait to see how this one keeps the temps in the tent. Next week I will get a carbon filter & fan speed controller then the tent will be fully operational.

James

It is looking great, love that you are going LED!

Good Luck

Thanks! I'll post some pics of the small grow space later. I checked in there today & there is one plant that I have my eye on its nice bushy & they can leaves are huge. I clipped off the fan leaves on the bigger plants because of space but this time I'm just going to let it ride out.

Back
Top Bottom