Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

JayGrow21

Hello everyone, I'm Jay and this will be my 2nd grow. I will be growing indoor in a 24x48x60" tent in a closet, using a P300 LED.

I will be growing two plants, one Med Gom 1.0 auto, and a Northern Lights x Big Bud feminized seed that I got for free with the Med Goms from Herbies. Both are indica strains.

CBD Crew CBD Med GOM Auto 1.0 Feminised Autoflowering Seeds Specs
Breeder: Grass-o-matic
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Sex: Feminised
THC Content: 4-10%
CBD Content: 15%
Yield: 25 - 50 gr/plant
Plant Height: up to 1 metre
Grows: Greenhouse, Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time: 60 - 65 days
Medicinal Properties: Therapeutic, curative and preventive effects. Keeps alert and reduce THC psychotomimetic effects (tachycardia, loss of memory and concentration, anxiety)

World of Seeds Northern Lights x Big Bud Feminised Seeds Specs
Sex: Feminized
Way of cropping: Ind/Out
Race: NORTHERN LIGTH X BIG BUD
Genotipe: 100 %
High: 100
Growing time: 2 to 3 weeks
Harvest time: from 45 to 55
Resistance to mushrooms: High
Resistance to plague: High
Irrigation tolerancy: High
Medicinal value: Very high
Smell: High
Flavour: Incensed
Effects: Medicinal
THC Level: High
Yield: 500-600 GR/M2 INDOOR
Medicinal value: Very high

The seeds were placed into root riot cubes soaked in distilled water, after two days keeping the cubes moist they both sprouted yesterday and looked like this, the NL is on the left and the Med Gom is on the right.

image26956.jpg

After they sprouted I transplanted the auto into its final 3 gallon pot in fox farms ocean forest with about 25% perlite so I don't overwater. The NL x BB was transplanted into a solo cup with the same soil but the bottom of the cup filled with perlite to help drainage.

I live in a very hot place so the room temperature is about 83 degrees with the fluoros on the seedlings, hopefully the LED will be cooler but I doubt it. My a/c is set on 75 but the room doesn't cool very well unfortunately. People grow outdoor here in 100 degree plus temperatures all the time so I can't see why I should worry. If anyone has any tips to cool a tent let me know. I have an inline fan pulling air out now and a low intake on the tent open.

Gonna be using the Fox Farm nutes almost the whole lineup, probably the whole lineup by the end depending on my impulse control on Amazon.

Hope to do better this time and meet some friends to learn with and whatnot. Thanks for checking my journal, should be fun.

re: Jay's - Soil - Platinum P300 LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto Grow

Ok here they are today. Still settling into their new pots. First the Northern Lights:
image26964.jpg

And here's the Med Gom:
image26965.jpg

They seem to be doing well, I can't wait til they get a couple leaves and start moving.

Saw Jurassic World yesterday, thought it was pretty good once it got moving. It started slowly, and had a couple dumb dialog moments early, but finished very well. I recommend it.

re: Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

No need to update with photos today, they look about the same, but a little taller. The NL x BB's first set of leaves look a little stressed at about their middle widest part, with the new green growth towards the middle looking greener and healthier. I'm guessing it may have gotten a touch dry at some point but it seems like it will recover since it has continued to get taller, while leaf growth has slowed.

The Med Gom seems happy as can be and doesn't seem to mind having its root cube transplanted early, I know autos don't like transplanting but it was barely out of the cube.

Hopefully someone will be helped by this journal as I had a hard time finding a completed journal for these seeds and also for "Fast and Vast" from heavyweight seeds which just came in the mail to my house. So, I will now be adding a Fast and Vast auto to this grow in the next couple days once it sprouts. I will complete this journal so that I will have the one and only completed indoor fast and vast journal (at least that I've been able to find).

Ok first photo is my new tent, looking a little empty. Just put a Fast and Vast auto in some water so it should be in the tent within the week.

Next up is the NL x BB, you can see the slightly ugly leaf tips I mentioned above as possibly due to a slight dry out.
image27088.jpg

And finally the Med Gom which is a strong seedling for sure so far.
image27089.jpg

Thanks for reading (if anyone is out there).

Germinated the fast and vast auto and placed it into its final 5 gallon pot in a root riot cube. I'm trying to see if putting the cube into the soil (pre-moistened with distilled water) instead of the plastic tray will help it to stay moist longer, limiting the risk of drying out and killing the seedling. So far it is working. I haven't needed to re-mist the cube every couple hours like in the tray.

Alright a couple pictures of today's progress. Working on the second set of leaves on both and growing vigorously. Waiting for the fast and vast to pop her head up.
Here's the Northern Lights:
image27187.jpg

Next up is the Med Gom which is still the best seedling I've ever had. It is a hardy plant so far.
image27089.jpg

Looks good, trying to keep up with the platinum grows,,, I'll watch good luck. How have the temps been with the LED's? Better, worse, same as you expected??

I have a NL gOing, too,, about ten days old. :goodjob:

Thanks for checking out my journal. My temps have been lower than the 150 watt HPS by far. They stay at about 85 degrees, but it's just so damn hot here I can't cool my house enough. They'll have to cope with 85 degrees, won't be able to do much more for em.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to cool the tent besides my home a/c? Any tricks that have worked? Should I try the foam ice chest fan cooler?

best suggestion I have is to find a way to pull air from somewhere low,, probably not that easy or you would have done that... If the AC can't do it,, maybe an AC upgrade?

Probably not going to be free, or easy...

Good luck

Yeah my first course of business is to run the duct from the fan into the ceiling so the heat leaves the room. I may need to get a window unit and run a duct to the tent.

In the meantime I am changing the light schedule now that they are up and growing to 20/4 and the lights off time is during the hottest part of the day, but the LED hardly produces any heat as it is so we will see.

My fast and vast auto has finally sprouted. I had planted it way too deep. It was easily an inch down in the root cube, but it made it so hopefully all is well now haha. Good seeds are vastly superior to bag seed obviously.

Thanks Digital for checking out my journal. I've heard lots of good things about the Med Goms, I'm subbed to your journal now.

Ok so for today's update. The NL x BB and Med Gom auto are both on day 11 and are doing well, both are reaching for the light and look very strong, a huge difference from the sickly clones in my last grow that were never happy (assisted by my lack of PH'ing their water). I'm expecting pistils on the Med Gom in about 10 days, that should be weird on such a little plant. I'm excited about the autos they are weird little plants from what I've seen.

First photo is of the NL x BB:
image27385.jpg

Next up is the Med Gom 1.0:
image27386.jpg

Finally the newest edition to the garden the Fast and Vast auto, looking a little stretched out but not bad really. It is on day 2 or 3.
image27387.jpg

Finally making some progress, after running my exhaust into my attic the room is much cooler. The tent has only dropped three degrees to a steady 81. I think they'll be alright at that temp, I mean what kind of wusses are these plants? Do they not grow tropically? Outdoors? Surely they grew naturally in the heat and were still potent enough to be discovered. It's hotter than two squirrels f'in in a wool sock in India and plants grow naturally there. Needless to say the heat is frustrating me. I will be adding a window air conditioner to the room to try to remedy the issue in the next couple weeks, in the meantime they are going to have to suck it up and relax.

Hey Jay, Looking good, My latest seedlings were stretching and I transplanted and buried the stem up to the starter leaves and then brought the light closer and that worked great, 81 and DRY is just about perfect, you actually want a little humidity, around 60 percent but adding a bowl of water in the tent should help that, 77 - 79 degrees is what all the pros suggest temperature wise.

Im with you tho .. theres no AC in Afghanistan :high-five:

So I've been on a tolerance break for the past week and I have to say the idea that smoking reduces your motivation is completely backwards as it relates to me. I haven't had any motivation this week! I am truly lazy haha. When I smoke I jump up and start doing stuff. I guess I'm backwards. Oh well, only a couple more weeks and it'll be almost like the first time again.

So I've been on a tolerance break for the past week and I have to say the idea that smoking reduces your motivation is completely backwards as it relates to me. I haven't had any motivation this week! I am truly lazy haha. When I smoke I jump up and start doing stuff. I guess I'm backwards. Oh well, only a couple more weeks and it'll be almost like the first time again.

I'm the same way. I don't smoke I sit around eating chips drinking pop,, lol. Blaze, and I'm Bruce Jenner before he met the kardasians....

Ok so the Med Gom and NL x BB are on day 13 and the fast and vast is on day 5. Everything is stable in the tent. Humidity up slightly to 30% after adding a bowl of water.

One question, how much water should I be giving the NL and Med Gom at this stage. Previously it's been all spray bottle for them but I think they may need soon more. To help, the NL is still in a solo cup and the Med Gom is in a three gallon pot.

Now the pictures. First the NL:
image27520.jpg

Med Gom 1.0 Auto:
image27521.jpg

And finally Fast and Vast auto:
image27519.jpg

Back
Top Bottom