Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom 1.0

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+Auto & Med Gom 1

No big news here; onward!

IMG_402910.JPG
IMG_403012.JPG
IMG_403111.JPG

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+Auto & Med Gom 1

All is well over here, both plants are pulling in about 200PPM per day of nutes. I'll be switching to flowering nutes on Monday. Tent paramaters (temp, humidity, chilled reservoir temp) have been optimal the entire grow. Flowers are just about to open up - and there are lots! I'll get detailed pics this weekend. Smells really nice in there, already, too!

IMG_40458.JPG
IMG_404611.JPG
IMG_404712.JPG

It's looking like you've really got those systems dialed in! Your grow journals with all the data that you've worked hard to record and report are what has convinced me to try my hand at this!

I've decided to go a little bigger than the Aerogarden but I'm sticking with aeroponics for sure, I'll be starting my grow this week with a General Hydroponics Rainforest 318 with a similar setup to what you're running including following a similar nute regimen and schedule, so keep up the good work as it's serving as a template of sorts for me!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

4 week above ground

Both plants are moving at nearly the exact same pace, flowered at the same time, etc. I'll be switching over to flowering nutes tomorrow - each reservoir has about 100ppm left of veg nutes in it, should be depleted by the morning. PH is at 5.8 on both unites, max temp during the whole grow has been 77F daytime with a low of 68F nighttime. Reservoir temp has been rock steady at 69F since week 2.

IMG_40588.JPG
IMG_405913.JPG
IMG_406013.JPG

It's looking like you've really got those systems dialed in! Your grow journals with all the data that you've worked hard to record and report are what has convinced me to try my hand at this!

I've decided to go a little bigger than the Aerogarden but I'm sticking with aeroponics for sure, I'll be starting my grow this week with a General Hydroponics Rainforest 318 with a similar setup to what you're running including following a similar nute regimen and schedule, so keep up the good work as it's serving as a template of sorts for me!

Thanks, glad I was able to be of some help. If any questions come up, feel free to ask away. I'm not documenting this grow nearly as in-depth as my two priors, but I do have daily metrics written down if you need any details. This grow has been 100% error/problem free. Less tinkering needed than in the past, I believe I've got these systems really well figured out. Good system with good environment, good nutes and good genetics = very little legwork.

Well, the fun started today. My favorite part of the grow is always the true "Flowering" stage - where the buds start to arrive. I switched over to flowering nutes tonight. Starting with a base of 150ppm (Sensi CalMag Xtra + some buffing salts), I added in the following to each aerogarden....

1/2 dose of Sensi Bloom A + B, 3/4 dose of Bud Factor X, 3/4 dose of Bud Ignitor, 1/2 dose of Rhino Skin, 3/4 dose of Bud Candy. I just recently did a Tarantula + VooDoo Juice dose, so I did not add those in on this go-around. Current PPM level is 700, PH at 5.8 on both. Flowers have opened on both plants and turned into tiny bud heads, here comes the fun!

As a reminder - Med Gom 1.0 is on the left and Critical+ Auto is on the right.

IMG_406114.JPG
IMG_40629.JPG
IMG_406413.JPG

About 4.5 weeks above ground today. All plants are in that first stage of true flowering. Both plants seem to be slowing down in their stretch. The MedGom, from stem base to stop is a little over 2 feet. Critical+ is about 1.5 feet but much more bushy and with - what I believe will be - more colas. Largest buds right now are about gumball sized. I did some intense defoliation tonight on both plants to remove overbearing suckers/fans. Really opened up both plants nicely for light to reach lower levels and for airflow to reach bud sites instead of fan leaves. I re-dosed the reservoir tonight, bumping it up to 1000ppm on both plants. Same ratios as last time, just increased each dosage by about 1/3. Root zone looks prime on both plants.

IMG_40719.JPG
IMG_407212.JPG
IMG_40737.JPG

5 weeks above ground today! I had a friend come into town this last weekend and my wife asked me to shuffle the tent over to another spare room. Easier said than done - but, happy wife = happy life. Surprisingly, I didn't have to move anything out of the tent. I just scooted it over the carpet (the rooms were right next to each other) from one room to another. So, the tent is back "home" and the lighting is much better in my office than in my wife's office!

Both plants have been pulling in over 300ppm per day in nute. I flushed both reservoirs empty and started with some fresh 4ppm RO water. Added in the following to both reservoir batches....

3/5 dose of Sensi Bloom A+B
3/4 dose of Bud Ignitor, Bud Factor X, Bud Candy, Big Bud
1/2 dose of Rhino Skin, Tarantula, Voodoo Juice
1/4 dose of Sensi CalMag Xtra

PH is floating between 5.7 and 5.8 right now. PPM's on Critical+ are at 950, PPM's on Med Gom are at 1025.

IMG_408814.JPG
IMG_40897.JPG
IMG_40907.JPG

Today's nute pull was yuuuuuuuuuuge - 400ppm's on the Critical+. I made a mistake last night and failed to turn the circulation pump back on after replacing the reservoir contents on the Med Gom's Aerogarden - so, she only pulled in 200ppm. Both plants look phenomenally healthy and bud size is getting larger on both plants. I can tell that the Critical+ will end up with many "single nugget" cola's - probably about 12 to 16 cola's that should have about 6" of solid, continuous nugget on each cola. The Med Gom is going to end up similar to the last grow, top most part of the cola's entirely filled in but then LOADS of smaller 2-3" nuggets all along each stem.

Reservoir nutes are nearly depleted on both Aerogardens. Critical+ is down to 300 and MedGom is at 400 - about 150ppm of each reservoirs are accounted for by PH buffing salts. So, another dose tomorrow! Both plants are doing phenomenally, buds are filling in nicely. I'll do another defoliation on the Critical+, Med Gom is in great shape and the layout of the plant doesn't necessitate much trimming at this point. Nodes are spread out and the big fan leaves that are left aren't blocking light for the lower areas. MedGom is nearly 3 feet tall now!

YDXJ0025_-_Copy.jpg
YDXJ0026_-_Copy.jpg
YDXJ0027_-_Copy.jpg

About 5.5 weeks above ground today. Both plants and the setup are performing flawlessly. Buds are fattening up and filling in. The MedGom has her signature skunky/sweet stink blaring right now. The Critical+ has no smell at all currently.

I did some very light defoliating on the Med Gom - maybe 4 leaves. On Critical+ I cut down 12 popcorn branches that were all coming from the lowest points on the plant. They had zero chance of doing much beyond soaking up nutes and diverting energy away from the larger sites.

IMG_41289.JPG
IMG_413311.JPG
IMG_412916.JPG
IMG_413110.JPG
IMG_413012.JPG
IMG_41329.JPG

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom

Plants are both about 6 weeks and 2 days old today. Reservoir was depleted of nutes so BOTH reservoirs are back to 1200ppm, PH'd to 5.7 to allow for some upward drift.

MedGom is getting very meaty. She probably has over 1 zip in dry weight already and she's not fully filled in yet. I added in overdrive to her nute soup tonight as she appears to be at least 1 week ahead of the Critical+ Auto. The Critical+ auto is full of gumball sized buds that are filling up and filling in the empty spaces. She's throwing TONS of pistils and - based on size of buds - probably has 2-3 full weeks left. I think that MedGom will be ready in less than 2 weeks. MedGom is nearly 3ft tall right now, the Critical+ is about 2.5ft at it's highest points, but bulk of the bud sites are at the 2ft mark. Will get some good pics up this weekend, quite impressive change from just 4 days ago.

Re: Chilled Aerogardens & Mars Hydro Reflector - 3rd Grow - Critical+ Auto & Med Gom

Well, I got quite the surprise during my post-work check up on the girls. Both plants pulled in over 500ppm of nutes from the reservoir (measured after topping off with RO water). Plants were at 1200ppm last night (I bumped them back up to 1200ppm using ONLY base nutes on the Critical+ and base nutes + OVERDRIVE for the MedGom) and are now back down to 650ppm. PH on both is at 5.9 - I'll drop down to 5.7 later tonight. What I really came here for, though, is to post some pics. The MedGom is swelling up nicely, hopefully the Overdrive will help with filling things out a bit more.

IMG_416412.JPG
IMG_41657.JPG
IMG_416617.JPG
IMG_416715.JPG
IMG_416816.JPG
IMG_417212.JPG
IMG_41738.JPG
YDXJ0496_-_Copy.jpg
YDXJ0497_-_Copy.jpg
YDXJ0499_-_Copy.jpg

Not a thread jack but I wanted to post a quick pic from my first grow attempt since it's your journals that mainly convinced me that I could be successful as well!

420-magazine-mobile1095194268.jpg

This is Blueberry Kush from Nirvana Seeds grown in my aeroponic system, 13 days from seed and looking strong! Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom