Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

re: Jay's - Soil - 300W LED - NL x BB & Med Gom 1.0 Auto - Grow

It doesn't seem like you are missing them it just seems that they are not there yet. All in due time, and are you waiting for amber for the pain relieving properties?

Yeah, I'm looking for the couch lock since these are indica leaning strains, for my pain that is always the best effect.

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to invest in a microscope, but everything I've read says a jewlers loupe will let you see the trichomes enough to see amber/milky whatever. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days when they start to turn and I finally see what ripe ones look like, until then I live in fear of letting them go too long. Need this experience since every other grow I've had was harvested early due to issues.

I'll take opinions though, I only want them to end well.

Yeah I guess I'm going to have to invest in a microscope, but everything I've read says a jewlers loupe will let you see the trichomes enough to see amber/milky whatever. I'm sure I'll feel better in a few days when they start to turn and I finally see what ripe ones look like, until then I live in fear of letting them go too long. Need this experience since every other grow I've had was harvested early due to issues.

Looking into getting a microscope myself. I've got a 30x jewellers eye thing and it takes me 10 minutes just to try and focus in on something without putting a shadow over it.

Cheap and works perfect. Just snip a small sugar leaf place on a table and ZOOM right in
Screenshot_2015-08-14-20-48-35.png

I like my loop for quick checks. I have a couple of microscopes also, bit on the fly the loop does it for me..... My two cents, Jay. Good luck, remember, don't sweat the small stuff,,, and it's all small. ;)

Cheap and works perfect. Just snip a small sugar leaf place on a table and ZOOM right in
Screenshot_2015-08-14-20-48-35.png

Funny thing is, I've got one of those but I was worried the light on it was keeping me from seeing true colors. Probably just wasn't waiting long enough. Thanks Atrain and MassMedMan as always. I'll work on voting in the contest right now haha.

I checked a leaf from both with the scope. They're only about 75% milky right now with the rest clear, so I guess they've got some more time and I'll settle down. Saw zero ambers as usual.

Here's a shot from my phone through the scope of the Fast and Vast
image30420.jpg

image30421.jpg

And a shot of the Med Gom
image30422.jpg

Whoops. Kinda shitty photos there but I was experimenting.

One thing I do to judge harvest time is find a trichome covered sugar leaf or something other than bud. If the leaf appears clear there are no milky trichomes, if the leaf starts to appear white where it was normally green that's progress. In a little while there will be a glimmer to your naked eye, something amber. Its ok If you miss it in my experience one the first one shows up the rest are soon to follow. Judging by the leaf is not accurate but they tend to mature a little faster than the buds so its more foreshadowing.

if you are interested this guy has grown a vast and fast, and is starting another run of them, might be something interesting for you. He got OK yield (2oz) from a tiny stumpy plant.

interesting grow to see. Thanks for putting journal up :)

As for the height, I have found that stretching them on purpose from week 2-4 ish greatly improves the yield. my first grow under crappy CFLs yielded really well, and the plants were well over 1m tall. Now im using LED i get less yield, much shorter plants (look very similar to your MED) but much better quality. I am thinking of experimenting with putting a single 60W cfl on them for 4 hours a day to try to stretch them in weeks 2-4.

Also I wouldnt put too much stock in the completion time stated. I often see them run for a whole month longer, and I like to harvest before they go too amber as I like to stay awake while i'm high :D obviously different strains behave differently, you need to use your own judgement of course.

take it easy :)

if you are interested this guy has grown a vast and fast, and is starting another run of them, might be something interesting for you. He got OK yield (2oz) from a tiny stumpy plant.

interesting grow to see. Thanks for putting journal up :)

As for the height, I have found that stretching them on purpose from week 2-4 ish greatly improves the yield. my first grow under crappy CFLs yielded really well, and the plants were well over 1m tall. Now im using LED i get less yield, much shorter plants (look very similar to your MED) but much better quality. I am thinking of experimenting with putting a single 60W cfl on them for 4 hours a day to try to stretch them in weeks 2-4.

Also I wouldnt put too much stock in the completion time stated. I often see them run for a whole month longer, and I like to harvest before they go too amber as I like to stay awake while i'm high :D obviously different strains behave differently, you need to use your own judgement of course.

take it easy :)

Good info, I'll check it out. Had some of the fast n vast last night with a buddy. Needs time in the jar but has potential. I'm done with autos for a bit, but, I'd run it again and treat get better ;)

Good job with the Wizz Quiz Jay!!

You made it!

Good info, I'll check it out. Had some of the fast n vast last night with a buddy. Needs time in the jar but has potential. I'm done with autos for a bit, but, I'd run it again and treat get better ;)

Good job with the Wizz Quiz Jay!!

You made it!

Haha thanks MMM, it's nice to be back. I'm already much nicer lmao.

Back
Top Bottom