Chilled Aerogardens: Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express, 500 True Watts Of LED

Re: Chilled Aerogardens - Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express - 500 True Watts Of LE

7 weeks topside today. I drained both reservoirs, added in 7ppm RO water and re-dosed my nutrients. Same exact nute schedule as last week, PPM's ending up at 1250 on PE and 1200 on FB. Growth has been solid this week. Buds are starting to form connected cola's on both plants. I'll hit them with Overdrive next week if they've starting to stack by Friday of this week.

IMG_503814.JPG
IMG_503914.JPG
IMG_504016.JPG
IMG_504113.JPG
IMG_504312.JPG
IMG_504418.JPG

Re: Chilled Aerogardens - Auto's Fastberry & Pineapple Express - 500 True Watts Of LE

I forgot to put these up the other day - it's a picture of the LED panel setup. All 3 of the LED panels are in - the ViperSpectra in the middle with each Mars Hydro Reflector 48 on each side of the ViperSpectra. The Mars panels are angled so provide excellent side coverage. The penetration of light is unbelievable. The Fastberry has started purpling up on the leaves - hoping some of that color carries through to the buds before harvest! The smell is incredible - it's like opening a bowl of fruit salad when I open up the tent.

IMG_504713.JPG
IMG_504814.JPG

Last night, plants had pulled PPM's down to about 300 in each reservoir, so I added in 1/2 dose of overdrive, 1/2 dose of bud candy and 1/4 dose of sensi calmag xtra. The growth from Sunday is unreal, buds have swelled up to more than double in size. I'll have to check trichomes on a few of the PE buds - their hairs are turning neon orange. Buds on both plants are incredible frosty. Not surprisingly, the FB trichomes smell like blueberries and the PE buds swell like sweet citrus and pineapple. Definitely my most fragrant grow, to date. I hope the flavor is in line with the scent; if so I'm going to be in for a real treat. I'm getting a lot more interested in these *novelty* strains, where they cater more to the senses than buds that are just all about yield or potency (not that these are slouches in the potency department). I'm looking forward to posting pics this Sunday, the changes over the course of this week have been nuts.

At this point, it's looking like I may be chopping next weekend. Pineapple Express appears to be very close to completion. Fan leaves have almost all yellowed and crisped up (on the top half's of each cola) leaving an even canopy of leaves at about the 16" height marker. The buds are swelling and stacking. Still some new white pistils, but I can see the calyx's swelling and in another day or 2, they'll most likely turn that nice neon orange like the other PE pistils. I'd estimate that she's carrying about 1.5 zip of meds (not including popcorn). Fastberry is developing really fat pinecone looking buds on the top 4-6" of each cola. There's about 5 big bud sites and a lot of smaller ones. She's probably looking at 2 zip of meds. There may be another 2 weeks left for her.

8 weeks above ground. Pineapple express is nearly ready to come down. I'll be chopping the main cola's this weekend, I think. I'll be scoping the trichomes in another day or two. She's swelling very nicely and the calyx's are stacking. The rest of the growth that she has will be on the smaller budsites, I think.
Fastberry is getting really fat, but still lots of white pistils coming out. Both plants need a nute top-off tonight, but I'm going to let them drink water for a day and get nice and hungry.

As a reminder for the pics, Pineapple Express is on our right and Fastberry is on our left.

IMG_507510.JPG
IMG_50768.JPG
IMG_507717.JPG
IMG_507914.JPG
IMG_508015.JPG

like your other grows, these as well are just lovely :)

Im currently running three Fastberry about day 32 above soil. under two mars 48 reflectors, and just ordered the 300w vipar model as supliment lighting gonna use it for veg after this run.

So i've been stalking your journal for a bit now, to see how my own FB's are progressing. Do the FB seem cal-mag hungry later in bloom or whats your thoughts?

and any thoughts on the Viparspectra light?

:Namaste:

like your other grows, these as well are just lovely :)

Im currently running three Fastberry about day 32 above soil. under two mars 48 reflectors, and just ordered the 300w vipar model as supliment lighting gonna use it for veg after this run.

So i've been stalking your journal for a bit now, to see how my own FB's are progressing. Do the FB seem cal-mag hungry later in bloom or whats your thoughts?

and any thoughts on the Viparspectra light?

:Namaste:

The light is phenomenal. I have both Mars Hydro's off to the left and right sides of the ViperSpectra for supplemental, angled lighting. If you do the same with yours, it really helps to get the lower areas and sides of the main bud sites covered in light.

As far as cal-mag goes, both strains were hungry for it early in the grow. Pineapple Express is the only one that seems to be asking for more in the flowering stage, though. My FastBerry colas are REAL fat now, looking like big pinecones, but the trichomes on her are still more than 50% clear. I expect that to change over the course of this upcoming week, though.

So, a quick update. Pineapple Express is getting flushed tonight, I'm brewing water now to replace her reservoir with straight up RO and 8ml of flawless finish from AN. I'll let her work on the flush for 3 days or so. Trichomes are looking to be almost all cloudy. I'm wanting her to have a more Sativa/Head effect, so I'm not needing to see any amber trich's on her. The buds are so swollen and heavy that they're starting to cause drooping on the lower sites. The main sites have some serious heft, if I give them a little push they swing all over the place. So, for her sake, she'll get chopped once done with the flush.

FastBerry has at least another week to go before I start her flush. She's looking FAT! Will get pics on Sunday.

Thanks for your input on the light.

Got my viper a couple of days ago. even tho its a bit to blue in the spectrum i think it will compliment the mars hydros very well. And yes my plan was to angle the mars panels a bit. i borrowed a mars400 from a friend and used the small mars lamps as site lights some time ago, it worked out very well. so im pretty excited to see how these fastberrys will proceed in their growth under this setup.

this is by fare the most healthy auto seeds i have bought to date they looks really promissing. i really hope they get that blueberry taste and smell i love it - best taste ever.

Both girls are flushing now. I've been re-checking trichomes on the Fastberry and some of the bigger cola's are showing about 20% amber. I'm wanting this to be a physically relaxing set of meds, so I'll let them sip on the Flawless Finish until they get a bit more amber. Pineapple Express is on 3rd day of flush and she's finishing up nicely. I may start chopping her tomorrow.

IMG_51238.JPG
IMG_51256.JPG
IMG_51269.JPG
IMG_51279.JPG
IMG_51285.JPG
IMG_51307.JPG
IMG_51337.JPG

So, I did a thing last night.....

I did 10 samples from each plant for trichome viewing. A clipping from the top and bottom of the 5 biggest bud sites on each plant. Both plants were ready to go - Fastberry showing on average, about 25% amber. Pineapple Express is showing about 10% amber, 85% cloudy and 5% clear.

I pulled all of Fastberry last night, with the exception of some small lower sites that need to mature a few more days.
I'll be doing the same with Pineapple Express tonight.

The smell is - to say the least - intense and pervasive. The RH where I live is extremely low right now, we just had some big storms roll through and the air should be very low RH for the next week or more. I've put a digital humidifier in my drying room, along with the usual fan/filter combo. RH is set to 45% and the fan is on the lowest setting possible, directing air straight up on the other side of the room.

The harvest of Fastberry was very fun. Trim work was pretty easy, took about 2 hours. The density of these buds is unbelievable. Rock hard, very tightly packed and the smell.....oh, the smell. She's going to be a real treat!

Back
Top Bottom