Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LED

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

78 days above ground today for Massive Midget. I'll be busting out my scope tomorrow on the plant, I went ahead and flushed the reservoir. Currently, the only thing in the water is 10ml of Flawless Finish. I'm thinking that this last wave of pistils is the plants final effort to get fertilized. I'm betting that when the new scope arrives tomorrow, I'll be about 20% amber or more. If not, then on we go!

Re: Med Gom 1.0 & Massive Midget In A Chilled Aerogarden With Mars Hydro Reflector LE

She's dragging her feet. :laughtwo: I'd bet you're right about the new wave of pistils, kinda her last desperate act. Any feel for how much she'll yeild?

She's dragging her feet. :laughtwo: I'd bet you're right about the new wave of pistils, kinda her last desperate act. Any feel for how much she'll yeild?

It's really hard to tell. There's so much foliage in the center area of the plant, it's impossible to see if she's carrying small popcorns on the lower areas or quarter sized buds. At bare minimum, from what I can see, it should be an 1.25-1.5 zips. If there's some decent treats hiding under the canopy, then maybe 2 zips. I expect a bit of last-minute swelling on the main cola, too. I'm hoping that adding in the Flawless Finish and having a zero-nute reservoir will force the plant to burn up the nutes stored in the leaves over the next few days and help get that final push to harvest.

Mid-day update here - she's not ready for chopping! I checked all 3 of the "main" cola's and 2 of the next largest cola's. The main - center -cola is only about 25% cloudy, the rest are all clear on that one. The other 2 "main" cola's are about 80% cloudy, 5% amber, 15% clear. The 2 medium sized cola's are about 90% cloudy, 5% clear, 5% amber. Gonna let it go for possibly another week. I'll check trichomes again in a few days.

79 days above ground for Massive Midget. Given the findings under the microscope, I replaced the *flush* water in the reservoir with 1000ppm of nutes. Used the same AN blend as the last dose. Since the trichomes aren't fully cloudy, and the buds are still flowering, I decided to hit the plant hard and see how much she wants to take in. With as much flowering as is currently going on, she's gotta be hungry! PH is at 5.6 - it should drift up if she eats well tonight. Buds are looking nice. After this last round of flowering completes and she swells, the buds should be looking enormous.

IMG_380713.JPG
IMG_38097.JPG
IMG_38108.JPG
IMG_381112.JPG
IMG_38126.JPG
IMG_38139.JPG
IMG_381412.JPG
IMG_381513.JPG

81 days above ground for Massive Midget. PPM's were down to 680 today, a 110ppm intake. After adjusting the PH back up, PPM's are at 790. I should have about another 400ppm of good nutes left in there - enough to get to Friday. I'd really like it if she'd put the pedal to the metal and get to finishing up. I never would have thought that she'd get to 12 weeks, that's pretty long for an autoflower - maybe it's a Sativa heavy phenotype. There's still new flowering going on through almost every bud site. I took some time to peek around to the other side of the plant and there's some big buds hiding out over there! At this stage, I have no doubt that there would be close to 2 zips of dry yield.

Is this one set? i thought it's two pcs..:thumb:I really like it
Side note - I started working on plans for my next project. It might start up ASAP and needs to be harvest-able in 65 days..........I used some of the cured Med Gom to help me decide :thumb:

IMG_382613.JPG
IMG_382712.JPG
IMG_382813.JPG

HUGE UPDATE!!!!!!

Well, it was a bit of very good timing mixed with some very bad timing. The good news is that on Thursday afternoon, Massive Midget got cut. She was at about 25% amber trichomes, 75% cloudy trichomes. The harvest has been my biggest to date, it's been about 3 full days since she got chopped.

Now, the bad news. We took a direct hit from the *name of weather event omitted for privacy/anonymity* and lost power for about 3 days. It actually went out about an hour after I had finished chopping. It just came back up recently and internet has been restored. I've been a bit busy hauling limbs, branches, leaves and all sorts of other *shite* out to the curb. Glad we chose the 1 acre property instead of the 5! We had to throw out everything from the deep freezer and the fridge/freezer combo, never fun to toss $500 of food in the garbage, but that's the way it is.

Anyhow, I'll have some pics up tonight. I was very concerned about the condition of the buds that were "drying" because the temp inside out house was 80 degrees with 80% humidity. Talk about not being able to hide from the heat/humidity. This is the 4th one of these I've been through and fortunately, this was the least damaging.

IMG_386811.JPG
IMG_386915.JPG
IMG_387015.JPG
IMG_387116.JPG

My apologies, I forgot to start taking picture until I had already clipped nuggets from about 2/3 of the harvest. Here's some pictures of the primo buds that went last for clipping, all of these were from the main cola and satelite cola's.

IMG_387212.JPG
IMG_387314.JPG
IMG_387415.JPG
IMG_387520.JPG
IMG_387618.JPG

Med Gom can be seen curing, on the far right. Middle jar is Massive Midget. Far left jar is Massive Midget, this jar holds the biggest continuous buds from the harvest. There's also another smaller jar (about 10 grams) of smaller popcorn sized buds that I'll be throwing into the smoke queue immediately. In fact, I've already sampled a bit and it's quite potent - a little bit too potent for my initial liking, to be honest. I'll need to reduce the quantity and give myself some time to build tolerance.

IMG_387815.JPG

.....and, finally, I dropped new seeds tonight. I'm going at Med Gom 1.0 again and I'm also trying out Dinafem Critical+ Auto. Cheers!

IMG_387715.JPG

Well, what a grow! 2 very different plants - one CBD dominant and the other THC dominant. Med Gom was so much fun I'm going to try my hand at her again. I'm hoping to best my last grow, because my wife and I have finished more than 1/2 zip in the last 3 weeks. We both really like the relaxed bake of the Med Gom (CBD).

Massive Midget has been sampled, too, and WHOA - she hits like a freight train. I think I ended up with a Sativa phenotype due to the leaf shape and the extremely long flowering period. She was actively flowering for more than 9 weeks. It will probably take us 3-4 months to finish her off.

I used about 1zip of the sugar leaf from Dwarf Low Flyer, Massive Midget AND Med Gom (about 40/30/30 blend) to make 3/4 of a cup of butter. I used 2/3 of a cup on the brownies, so a very small ammount left. I still have enough sugar leaf to make another batch after this.

Back
Top Bottom