Heavyweight Massive Midget - LED - 1st Indoor Grow

Greetings everyone, once again, although a little bit late. Its been rather hectic around here this past few days. I've been entertaining relatives from out of town. So I have been rather stressed and attempting to keep my little closet grow from detection. I must say, new "Febreze" air fresheners work wonders. Unless you walk into my closet you only wonder why the house smells so fresh...lol

Hello fringe50, thanks so much for your compliments and welcome to my grow journal.Your right, its very hard to find anything on this strain. I'm kind of stumbling through this grow myself. I've been taking on what I can find on growing auto and kind of winging it. I could have taken a lot of other steps but I kind of wanted to see what the plants would do on their own, sort of a benchmark. Anyhow, welcome to the club. It sounds like your plant is doing better than mine! Mine are not quite as tall but I will say I am impressed with these little buds.

Well on to whats happening... Here we are at day #50. So what do they say at Heavyweight seeds? Eight weeks from germination. Well I am going to miss that mark by a little, my little darlings are still in full flower and I honestly doubt if they are going to be near done in six more days. The buds are growing thicker and longer by the day. The pistols are still popping out and in their full glory and pearly white. The trichomes are just becoming visible giving the buds a light frosty sheen and they are clear as clear can possibly be. The buds are very dense and sticky and the smell is off the chart. As fringe50 is experiencing, the shade leaves are turning a little brown/yellow and I've always believed that if the leaf isn't green like the others, it's just taxing the rest of the plant so I've been keeping up on the trimming. Besides, some of the lower colas are appreciating the increased

Unfortunately I did not have much of a chance to bring the girls out for some proper pics but I managed to snap a couple quick shots from inside the tent. I will try and get it done proper next time.

05571.jpg

Here is V

05384.jpg

Here is C

05294.jpg

And as last always, H

Sorry about the delay, I will try and get it back on schedule. Until next time, Sail on!

morning Bill

the girls are lookin great. the 1st M/M is still doing great, day 77,ummmm maybe a week left.... or so it looks that way, I checked with the 30 power lupe and the tric's are about 1/2 cloudy now and the suger leafs are starting turn purple now, lookin good.....:allgood: it didn't have much smell until a couple days ago and if I just pinch the lower bud it's starting to get a interesting smell to it now, but still it's not as ''smelly'' as I thought they would be with the mixture of strains in it.... I figure by the 15th of Aug. I should be able to put some fire to it.........................:yahoo:
I forgot to mention in my 1st post that I did start 2 more autos on the 2nd of June, which r now in flower for 3wks now. the one is a massive midget and the other is a northern lights x big bud (a free bee). they both r doing great ,but, neither is a tall as the 1st M/M.
the 2nd M/M is only 14'' tall and looks just like a xmas tree...lol, and the NL x BB is about 20'' tall and filling out very nice, and I'd say that even they have stopped reaching for the stars.....lol

dat's it for now Bill , best of luck............................:Namaste:

l8tr and be well

fringe50

BB just went out and took a look with the lupe, 60-70% cloudy and the white hairs are turning brown, i'll waite till Monday and make the call.......

be well

fringe50

Greetings again! As promised here is my attempt to get back on track! Beside the photos from my last post were not that great. I figured I would break out the little ones and get a proper photo's. So here it is at day #53. Hopefully these pics are better. :high-five:

0101245.JPG

0111080.JPG

012982.JPG

Of course, here is V. Shes actually turning into something and the tallest of the crew.

0061800.JPG

0061800.JPG

And here is C. That main cola is looking tasty.

0091359.JPG

0081520.JPG

0071675.JPG

And of course H.

Hey fringe50 , I would love to see yours! See if you can figure out how to post a quick picture. Your's aren't smelling much? Wow, the smell from my little darlings is intense and a concern!

Alrighjt everyone, enjoy the pic's. I hope they are a little better quality. Keep it in the channel and sail on!

Hello everyone and welcome to day #60!

It's been a hectic week at Bill's yet again. No company but one of those weeks that none of your plans follow through and I've already stated how that effects my mental stability. But have no fear, the floggings will continue until moral improves!... :high-five: So were gonna keep this post short and give you all look at what is happening in the closet. By the way, thank you for your encouraging words Sephiroth420 and Light Addict. Thanks for joining me on this cruise, the ship will be coming to port shortly! I am looking forward to getting my closet back! But we still have a few more miles to log! So here we go...

15495.JPG

22028.JPG

31753.JPG

Well here is V. She's trying to build bulk on her buds and doing a fine job of it. She is by far the tallest standing at 22" but has a lot of space between her nodes. She is growing nice fat, dense nugs with a lots of frosty trichomes all over the place. I'm rather impressed considering the thought of scrapping her had crossed my mind due to her earlier luck luster performance.

7804.JPG

8683.JPG

9480.JPG

Here is Ms. C. She is still trying to hold on to her Christmas Tree shape.

41355.JPG

51076.jpg

6976.jpg

And once again, H. Never had a doubt about her! That main cola is so dense its not even funny!:drool:

The trichomes are all milky. Most of the pistols are still pearly white and show no signing of giving in yet but the end is nearing. I am going to harvest as soon as I see a 50/50 coloration of the trichomes. Were getting close. Until next time captains, sail on!

Hey everyone. Here is a little story about being clumsy. :smokin:

So there I was, minding my own business and doing a little watering in the closet. Over the past few days my girlfriends cat has be staking out the closet as his sole domain. I can't get the damn cat away from the tent. When the door is open he is laying at the zipper of the tent, if the door is closed he is laying at the door and only moves to eat or crap. You would swear I was growing catnip or something! Well I managed to shoo him off to get some work done... or so I thought.

Right as I was rotating H the be-viled creature leaps over my shoulder and into the tent. Aghast, I throttled the beast and wrenched it from the tent (please note that the vermin was not harmed by my actions or deeds. No need to notify the SPCA. Other than being startled, he was fine.) But in my haste, my hand (...or maybe the cat) busted one of the cola from plant H. BUMMER!

0012470.jpg

Oh it was a clean snap but not expected. Poor little plant H is now one cola short. But I wasn't about tho waste it. It is a sizable little nug and I am a firm believer in wet trimming. The trichomes are all cloudy so I trimmed her up and hung her out to dry, be it in my opinion a little early. I doubt I'm going to get the flavor I'm looking for and the high is most likely going to be rather cerebral but it still looks nice.

0032315.JPG

I'm going to have to be more careful!

Hi there SmokeSara . I like cats too but am more of a dog person myself. Thanks for the compliment on the plants. In fact they are growing under lights that you sold me a while back. I really love your products and think they are a great value! Keep up the good work. I appreciate everything you guys do! :thumb:

mornin BB

they're lookin great.....:clap: ,,,,, good the see they started to change colors too.....

my #1 M/M is now in day ''94''..:jawdropper:lmao....WTF ugh....lol well to start it has lost just about every fan leaf, they just dry up and just die/fall off, there are sugar leaf's, but now everything is just about all ''Purple'' and look's cool as hell, the plant is lanky I guess you'd call it , with the buds mostly out and the ends of the branches and a few scattered down the branch w/a few pop-corn buds in there .
I think i'll get to harvest Saturday ''IF'' the tric's are at the right stage. Right now I'd say 80/20 w/couple of ambers in there, not many , I'd like to see about 10% when i do this, maybe 15% at the most for this girl. The next up, #2 M/M (66 days), which was started 6/2/15 is different, it is short, looks just like the Xmas tree and solid bud and only 15'' tall,but. did not change colors yet. Now the NL x BB is doing very well and is changing colors now as well (big fans), but filling-in very nicely with solid budding sites, the main cola, when done is going to be fucking awesome from top to bottom, these ''auto's'' are fun and fast..lol ummm ... this is just a guess-a-mation :smokin: maybe....,I may get about 2 zips from each, we'll see.
all else is good the 4 ''photo's'' are doing well too.

good to see your girls doing well BB

be well and good vibs.........:Namaste:

fringe50

Hello everyone and welcome to day #72.

Light Addict , thanks for your words of encouragement. Cats can be a pain some times...lol.

fringe50 , day 94+! Oh my god! I hope I don't end up going that long! But I'm glad to hear how yours is going. I would love to see a picture.

Well it's been crazy here. Had some issues with my boat that has been requiring my attention the past week. As far as my plants go, they have been on their own except for some watering. The pistols have all turned brown and started to wither. The trichomes are all milkey white and no amber. As fringe50 said, the shade leaves are all loosing color and dropping off. Now its a waiting game for the trichomes to turn amber. I'm waiting. I backed the light cycle back from twenty hours down to twelve in hopes of convincing them that the season is coming to a close and they have to hurry up and ripen. We will see how that works. I will post some pics as soon as I have a chance to take some bud shots.

Until next time, sail on!

Hey everyone! Here are the pics as promised at day #74. I hope you enjoy...

15632.JPG

Early morning group shot. That's C, V and H left to right.

22034.JPG

31761.JPG

41358.JPG

Three solo shots of V. Long and lanky but some solid nugs.

8686.JPG

9483.JPG

0101274.jpg

Three solo shots of C, as you can see she retained her Christmas tree shape.

51079.JPG

6978.JPG

7807.JPG

Three solo of H. She is getting top heavy with those thick dense colas.

I hope you all enjoy the shots. Now we wait for the trichomes to start turning amber. Until next time, keep it in the channel.

On a side note. I've been reading up on Doc Brix bud washing. It makes a lot of sense to me. Have any of you tried it? It seems to have positive reviews. What do you think? I mean I'm not growing a bumper crop, I might as well continue to aim for quality and like I said, it sounds like it works pretty well to help produce quality bud. I would like to hear you're opinions!

Try it! I know I will be. I really like the methods doc uses. This is one of my tops six weeks in. Four weeks veg from clone in DBHBB.
IMAG0328_BURST003.jpg

I recommend a read of docs journals even if you don't use his high brix blend. If doc does it it's at least worth a try.
Hope you don't mind the bud shot.

Hi Sephiroth420, yes I have been enjoying Doc's journals and posts! He has put a lot of thought into his grows. There is no issues with your posting pictures on my journals, I like seeing what others are up too!

I wash all my buds since I tested it side by side.

The washed are much smother smoke and it don't hurt at all.
Was even tested by a former member at a lab.

Buds looking great and tasty:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom