Heavyweight Massive Midget - LED - 1st Indoor Grow

Hi everyone. Well we're at day #88 now, and not much has changed. Still no signs of Amber in the trichomes at all. It's rather annoying. The estimate of these plants start to finish within eight weeks is greatly exaggerated. I'm calculating another two to three weeks from now. I don't have much for this post because there has been virtually no change. We're playing the waiting game now. Everyone take care and keep it in the channel!

Okay, here is a curve ball if I ever saw one... So I've been backing down the light cycle to help convince the plants it's time to finish up. As I mentioned before, the shade leaves are falling off, the pistols have browned up and withered. The buds have a frosty coat of tricomes and I'm just waiting to see amber so I can harvest. This morning when I opened the tent it was more than apparent, frosty white pistols poking out of the buds. You must be kidding me, flowering (again) at day #92? These autos are wacky!

Another quick update at day #98. I put the plants under the 40X loupe this morning and low and behold! I see amber trichomes! I'm at around 2% with amber, so my estimates are around a week to two at most. Surprisingly V has some massive nuggets all over the place . The main cola is impressive and will yield over an ounce dry from the looks of it. C is full and dense all over. She would have benefited from some LST to open her up a bit. H lost another branch from the weight of her buds. She is even listing due to weight of her buds. I will post post some pics soon but I've been busy repairing my boat. I have to get it ship shape before the fall run makes it's push and the fishing has really been making a move for the better lately. Until next time captains, keep her in the channel

Okay as promised, here are a few pics from the closet.

026328.jpg

Here is V. Long and lanky but some nice nugs!

030244.jpg

Now it's C. Looking nice and still holding her shape.

028299.JPG

And of course H. I've lost several branches because they couldn't support the buds.

Those buds look nice and dense. Hope that you pull a good weight for all of your patience. Thank you for the pics and the journal. I liked watching these grown with ya!

Greetings everyone and welcome to day #110! I thought this day would never come! Boat back in the water and life is leveling out again. But most importantly, I'm looking at about 40% amber trichomes! Good enough for me, time to make the cut! So its off to the store to get some stuff for the bud washing. Doc Bud says photosynthesis continues for an extra day when using his method so I'm also going to clean the tent and get it nice and tidy for the harvest. I will document the process and post it after I've completed the task. Take care and you will be hearing from me shortly! Sail on!

And as the sun begins to set, so does the life of those in the closet. All good things must come to an end... Wait, it was my intentions of this ending! ,,,lol. So here it ended at day #110. Four hours later and here is the end of our journey. My thanks to those who followed along. On with the show!

a258.JPG

Nothing remains, not even the bones. Any idea who is who?

b180.JPG

The last shot of H in her glory, minus the three branches which couldnt support the buds weighing them down.

c195.JPG

H skeleton, trimmed one inch below the bud. Not bad structure.

d126.jpg

H main cola. Nice thick and dense.

e45.JPG

H main cola again.

f148.JPG

All of H bud ready and trimmed for the wash.

g69.JPG

All of H bud looking down

h73.JPG

The last shot of C, she kept her shape till the end. Unlike her sisters she budded straight up the main stalk. She had a couple light spots on her after trimming from where one bud grew under another. Her buds were not as dense and had a thick mat of red hairs! A definite red head if I ever saw one! She didnt match her sisters and the difference was obvious. Another strain was shining through there...

i28.JPG

C skeleton

j58.JPG

C main cola. Look at the hairs on the fingers.

k37.JPG

All of C bud trimmed and ready for the wash.

l58.jpg

And at last V . The problem child from the door... Wow was I surprised. What she lacks for in size, she she made up for with nice thick dense nuggs! The resin was oozing off her!

m77.JPG

V skeleton. Long and lanky but we all knew that.

n36.JPG

Look at the nuggs on that main cola!

o16.JPG

Top of V main cola. Not as big but dang she has nice shape and is frosty.

p89.JPG

The last of V buds ready to be washed.

As I said before, thanks for coming along for the ride, I hope you enjoyed my first shot at growing indoors and this strain. I am certain I could and will make some improvements in the future. I will be posting my observations and suggestions when I have a final weight in a couple weeks. As always I would love to hear your comments. Until next time, keep it in the channel and sail on!

Hello everyone who is still following and those that are taking a glance while surfing this wonderful site! Well were well into the drying of our washed Massive Midget bud. All is going as planned and I am looking forward to tasting the end result. I did have a taste (who am I kidding? I smoked the whole damn thing!) of the first bud that fell off the plant during the cat incident. It could have cured a while longer and wasn't washed not to mention needed to ripen a little longer. All in all it was decent.

Lets talk about what I've gotten out of this strain during this grow. Yes, it is a small compact plant and would be good for grows with limited space. The plants are extremely hardy and easy to grow. There is a definite difference between the plants in the seed batch and you may be growing different looking plants that don't behave exactly alike. The strain is in my opinion not exactly consistent but this seems to be a problem in most autos from what I have heard. The claim that this seed from start to finish is 8 weeks is ludicrous. Yes you will be into the flowering stage but no wheres near done. I would give it a reasonable estimate of 115-120 days from germination. The plants would benefit from LST and may require trellising/staking to support the weight of the larger buds. I went very light on the neuts this round, in future grows I would go closer to recommended applications. All in all, a good strain for for even the novice to advanced grower with limited space.

0071752.jpg

Here is a pic of the main cola of H a week into the drying after the wash. Weight is 17g so I figure maybe 10g after trimming and drying. As you can see, plenty of trichomes even after the wash.

Well my friends we have reached our port of destination at last. We are dried and jarred with a constant 61% humidity within the jars. Time to go in the closet and cure for a couple months. It only gets better with age :thumb:. Though still a little fresh for my liking I found it amazingly smooth. You can taste a slight citrus undertone which will only intensify as it cures further. Had a nice steady burn but the ash was a little dark but once again that is related to curing properly, so that should improve with time. Final yield 158.67g. Not a huge yield but heck, I was growing massive midget, what did you expect...lol! Well I guess I'm off to contemplate on my next grow. I have a couple nice strains that I've been wanting to try. Until next time captains " Sail on and keep er in the channel!"

JOURNAL CLOSED 10/10/2015

043129.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom