Journey 2: CBD Lemon Potion Auto & WW Auto

Long overdue update!

Where do I begin? Thanksgiving weekend was very busy and I didn't end up chopping the last WW until Tuesday/Wednesday. Monday we had a mix of work and then I came home and made two turkey's worth of soup.

20191014_212849.jpg

WW2 was one stinky and sticky plant. All said and done a wet weight of 259.64g

LPa 1 and 2 have moved into jars after spending some time in bags out of the fridge and dry enough to give official weights.

LPa 2 chopped day 65: 49.32g
LPa 1 chopped day 66: 42.58g

Roughly 1.75oz and 1.5oz respectively, I am happy with that. Surprisingly enough, both harvests have a completely different smell profile. One is extremely smooth and light with a very fresh lemon scent. The Mrs approves of this one. The other buds however have taken on a rather strange earthy scent with considerably less lemon. The Mrs compared that one to "highschool" weed lol.

WW1 was dried in paper bags but not in the fridge like the LPa's. The buds are now in jars and slowly bringing down the humidity level to the optimal cure zone.

Given the wet to dry weights of the LPa's, I think I am looking at roughly 8.5oz dry weight from the 4 plants this run. Real numbers to come in the near future for the widows.

In other news, I did not get around to popping new beans. I should be starting a new journal with the new ones in the next couple days while I give my grow area/tent a clean.

Oh and it looks like I've got some catching up to do on other journals!
Thats a great looking jar, congrats on seed to smoke report!

Congrats on the WW harvest...sugar mountains! And nice weights on the LPa's. Funny that they smell so different, but that's weed for ya :).

Thanks! It really is strange how different they smell :D

Nice haul jc!

Looked real nice, sure they’re gonna cure up great :thumb:

Lookin forward to your next journal, can’t wait to see what seeds you pop!

I’ll be right behind ya, got two beans going in this weekend myself

Making stuff out of your trim??

:Namaste:

Thanks, I think so too! I'll definitely be following your new seeds as well. I have planned some oil/butter with the two sets of trim that I saved. Not sure when I'll be getting around to that but likely in a couple weeks when the new grow is under way.

Beautiful work JC! Congratulations!
I'll be keeping an eye out for you new journal. Put the link in your signature, however some people wont read it anyhow.:p

Thank you MrS, it's a great feeling to finally have a proper start to finish harvest. I have a lot more confidence in my future grows after the success of this one. Link will definitely be added to my signature when I start it :)

Thats a great looking jar, congrats on seed to smoke report!

Cheers! I'm really happy with the LPa results, they smell nice and do the trick. It's nice to have a 2:1 CBD/THC strain that I have officially grown myself. After being a big fan of 1:1 and 2:1 strains for a while, it's nice to know that I don't have to worry about paying high prices for similar "legal" stuff around there. Grown my own medicine :yahoo:

In other news, this evening I've been trying out some of the samplers I took off the first WW. Loving it as well, very strong pungent flavours with a nice clear heady high. Much like the buds I got from my brother-in-law that got me wanting to also try growing my own WW.

Post a link here in the thread as well...I'm signature-blind :).

Hahaha so he was talking about you. I wasn't sure at first what MrS meant lol. Yes I will definitely include it in here as well :thumb:

Congrats. That's a nice load of weed from your four girls. Glad that you got to save the WW.
I just had to purchase 1/2 oz from OCS and was not happy paying those prices. I had my medical card and prices were a bit better but nothing like growing it yourself.... And the satisfaction of completing a harvest is awesome.

WW1 has an official dry weight as of today! 74.78g from the "sickly" plant :D

I did end up finding a few seeds in the buds on a particular stem or two. Well, one seed that I found in that one swollen calyx and a few more when I gave the same jar a good shake. All in all a great success given the circumstances of this particular WW. To think that the WW that is still drying is considerably more frosty and stinky, it should be great! :bongrip:

I did end up finding a few seeds in the buds on a particular stem or two. Well, one seed that I found in that one swollen calyx and a few more when I gave the same jar a good shake. All in all a great success given the circumstances of this particular WW. To think that the WW that is still drying is considerably more frosty and stinky, it should be great! :bongrip:

That looks pretty awesome jc!

Nice harvest and nice lookin buds, nothin better then jars full of fresh buds:goodjob:

Good numbers too for your ‘sickly’ plant, can’t wait to see some of ww2 when she’s cured and ready!

Looks delish JC! I always love the bud structure of the Widows. I can't wait to see the WW pics!

Definitely, I can't wait to try out the other one too!

That looks pretty awesome jc!

Nice harvest and nice lookin buds, nothin better then jars full of fresh buds:goodjob:

Good numbers too for your ‘sickly’ plant, can’t wait to see some of ww2 when she’s cured and ready!

Thanks, I'm happy with the numbers and surprisingly it's going to yield more than the other WW!

I forgot I hung a small stem of the last WW, the rest went into paper bags. Here's a picture

Definitely, I can't wait to try out the other one too!

Thanks, I'm happy with the numbers and surprisingly it's going to yield more than the other WW!

I forgot I hung a small stem of the last WW, the rest went into paper bags. Here's a picture

Oh man that looks amazing! Making me Salavate..... yum!

Numbers never lie!

Just a paper bag or into the fridge as well??

Trying to plan curing myself.......
Always good to plan ahead :Namaste:

Oh man that looks amazing! Making me Salavate..... yum!

Numbers never lie!

Just a paper bag or into the fridge as well??

Trying to plan curing myself.......
Always good to plan ahead :Namaste:

Both LPa's spent roughly a week and a half in bags in the fridge and the rest of the time just sitting out in bags. Then testing RH levels in the jars.

WW1 was dried just out in paper bags then straight to jars, WW2 is the same thing but is still drying as it's only been a few days since it was chopped.

I have to say I really do like the paper bag method as well as the paper bag combined with the low and slow in the fridge.

Both LPa's spent roughly a week and a half in bags in the fridge and the rest of the time just sitting out in bags. Then testing RH levels in the jars.

WW1 was dried just out in paper bags then straight to jars, WW2 is the same thing but is still drying as it's only been a few days since it was chopped.

I have to say I really do like the paper bag method as well as the paper bag combined with the low and slow in the fridge.

Have you tried curing in your tent? With my infinity 6 inch, I can set the humidity and the temp and still have some weedlings starting if need be. Mind you, Im not sure on what those settings for a optimal cure are, but if its anywhere near 68 - 70 F and 35 -60 % rh one should be fine.

Have you tried curing in your tent? With my infinity 6 inch, I can set the humidity and the temp and still have some weedlings starting if need be. Mind you, Im not sure on what those settings for a optimal cure are, but if its anywhere near 68 - 70 F and 35 -60 % rh one should be fine.

My first grow I hung full stems in my tent to dry. It worked out well but I still moved them to jars for a proper controlled cure.

WW2 was one stinky and sticky plant.
That WW2 is a stunner! :welldone: It's funny how "stinky" and "sticky" are such positive word descriptions for weed, yet bad for just about everything else. :laughtwo:
LPa 2 chopped day 65: 49.32g
LPa 1 chopped day 66: 42.58g

Roughly 1.75oz and 1.5oz respectively
Congrats on those. Pretty descent considering that strain tends to be small.
Surprisingly enough, both harvests have a completely different smell profile.
My two LPa looked very different from each other in both size and bud structure, but they both smelled and smoked very similar. Speaking of smoke, have you smoke any yet? I'm curious about the smoke report as there may be some variation in that category as well.
You'd never know it was a "sickly" plant from the look of those nugs - Yum!

That WW2 is a stunner! :welldone: It's funny how "stinky" and "sticky" are such positive word descriptions for weed, yet bad for just about everything else. :laughtwo:

You're absolutely right, I love the descriptions of weed haha.

Congrats on those. Pretty descent considering that strain tends to be small.

Thanks! Not too shabby in my eyes, the one plant wasn't even 10" tall after my LST. I do wish I would have tried to lay the canopy out more on that plant, I believe it could have yielded better. Like I said somewhere earlier in my journal, next time I run one of these LPa's I'm not holding back at all with the techniques to push it.

My two LPa looked very different from each other in both size and bud structure, but they both smelled and smoked very similar. Speaking of smoke, have you smoke any yet? I'm curious about the smoke report as there may be some variation in that category as well.

I'm not sure what happened since the only difference in the two plants is 1 day of harvest time. Both saw the same amount of time in the fridge and then moved out to finish off in their bags in the open air before being put in the jars. I don't believe I did a full smoke report at all, I actually had to go back and I really only talked about the smell of the nugs. I've smoked a couple testers but unfortunately I didn't keep track which plants they were all from. I'll try to get a good comparative between the two and post it up :)

The cure is doing it's work, the funkier smelling ones are getting better every day. However the other plant's buds are getting better twice as fast lol. The lemon scent is extremely smooth and almost taking on a sweet candy note - I absolutely love it.

You'd never know it was a "sickly" plant from the look of those nugs - Yum!

For how worried I was early on about this plant, I feel kind of silly now. The buds aren't as tight or frosty as the WW that is currently drying but without question they're a good smoke.

Hey folks, I've got some new autoflower beans that have been sitting in water ready to drop into pro-mix tonight. Pots are full and ready to go. My question is, should I be wetting the medium with a mix of mega crop or just plain water for now?

New journal on the way, just haven't had a chance to start it yet :)

Back
Top Bottom