Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

Couple of the Blue Thais. They were hungry out of the gate. From now on, I will be using a stronger seedling soil for Revs genetics

IMG_7860.jpeg

IMG_7861.jpeg

Blue Thais getting their color back. I’ll be ordering worms Thursday, so by the time the next grow is ready to go I should have some nice cannabis oriented EWC and will be able to get rid of all these extra bins

IMG_7877.jpeg

Dropped my phone on my toe this morning before work and it crumpled me to the floor almost instantly. Thought it was just sore but as I was working it started throbbing and making the area around it feel swollen. Got home and took off my sock and the toe is dark purple and heavily bruised. I may have actually broken it, but since it’s a single toe, I just took some Tylenol and that helped a lot

When the beneficials show up on their own 🥰 nematodes also show up on their own if the food is there, no need for a special order

IMG_7897.jpeg

Everyone is happier, and I ordered my worms. Bin has been working for almost two weeks so it should be ready to go. I also ordered crab meal and Azomite. That will complete the list of amendments I need to feed the worms according to the Druid mix. Should be some high quality castings

IMG_7950.jpeg

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

IMG_7953.jpeg

I have a feeling this Blue Thai is a male. It’s grown bigger and taller than every other plant, including the most aggressive sativa plant that sprouted a day before the Blue Thai.

It also shrugs off most stressors and is clearly the biggest plant in these images.

Typically, in my experience, the most resilient, and tallest plant, almost always turns out male

IMG_7974.jpeg

IMG_7976.jpeg

IMG_7972.jpeg

Here are the other Blue Thais settling in, notice how much smaller they are, even though everything else is equal. Day 26

IMG_7971.jpeg

IMG_7969.jpeg

This will be my last grow in the seedling mix. Too many things can go wrong when riding the edge. I’ll be using used Flower soil from now on. It will have the myco I want alongside all the bacteria and nutrition I need without being too overwhelming for sprouts

Wow that thing is huge! Big like a sativa and broad like an indica. Thats a good mix.

If it's a male I would cross it with that gorgeous branchy Gal in the centre rear.

Rub and flex that big ones petioles, then wait 10 seconds. Is it stinky?

That little girl has beautiful perfect branching, she will produce heavy. She looks like one that will smell very sweet.

Cross her with some big leaves and some height and you will have potential for a great yielder.

Sweet and skunky would be a nice cross.

They both have really nice and very similar structure.

If the big one is a male I would cut a clone and keep it for a mid summer outdoor pollination of whatever females you have.

You should try to clone that little one in the rear too, she will be a good one.

Wow that thing is huge! Big like a sativa and broad like an indica. Thats a good mix.

If it's a male I would cross it with that gorgeous branchy Gal in the centre rear.

Rub and flex that big ones petioles, then wait 10 seconds. Is it stinky?

That little girl has beautiful perfect branching, she will produce heavy. She looks like one that will smell very sweet.

Cross her with some big leaves and some height and you will have potential for a great yielder.

Sweet and skunky would be a nice cross.

They both have really nice and very similar structure.

If the big one is a male I would cut a clone and keep it for a mid summer outdoor pollination of whatever females you have.

You should try to clone that little one in the rear too, she will be a good one.

I will either be cloning the males or letting them go into bloom so I can take pollen. I have a strong suspicion the big one is the only male, we’ll see though

I’m not sure which plants are the stinky ones yet but some of them sure do smell already. I thought it was my amendments at first but nope, it’s gotten stronger so it’s at least one of the plants

I will either be cloning the males or letting them go into bloom so I can take pollen. I have a strong suspicion the big one is the only male, we’ll see though

I’m not sure which plants are the stinky ones yet but some of them sure do smell already. I thought it was my amendments at first but nope, it’s gotten stronger so it’s at least one of the plants
Rub and flex the leaves, gently rub the main stalks, and you should get a rush of smells about 10 seconds later. A hint of whats to come.

I'm all worm bin jealous! :green_heart:

You should look into it. You could build one for relatively cheap, but it would require a bit more labor on your end. Or you can purchase a 5 tier system like @Gee64 and I use. It cost me 100$ but I don’t have to do any extra work or coax the worms into new bins.

All 5 bins stacked and working would be right around if not a little bit smaller than one of the 55 gallon rubber cans you have

You should look into it. You could build one for relatively cheap, but it would require a bit more labor on your end. Or you can purchase a 5 tier system like @Gee64 and I use. It cost me 100$ but I don’t have to do any extra work or coax the worms into new bins.

All 5 bins stacked and working would be right around if not a little bit smaller than one of the 55 gallon rubber cans you have
It would cost relationship issues here. Worms and indoors wouldn't fly regardless of how well I fed it to keep negative nature at bay. My space to get that done is shared with clothes washing and I take up a huge space now. Winters are similar to yours I think. I'll have to stay envious and go with bagged Wiggle. NIce thought though, thanks!

It would cost relationship issues here. Worms and indoors wouldn't fly regardless of how well I fed it to keep negative nature at bay. My space to get that done is shared with clothes washing and I take up a huge space now. Winters are similar to yours I think. I'll have to stay envious and go with bagged Wiggle. NIce thought though, thanks!

Ahh.. I still have a positive balance on my account 🤣 I also share the space with the clothes for my soils and worms. However I went with worms before I really spread out the amount of bins I would eventually have needed so she never saw it operating at full tilt. You’re already past that point and she can’t unsee it lol. Your electric bill is higher than mine as well. You also spread outdoors with those massive tree sized plants last summer too lol. I’m also the one that does the majority of the laundry to begin with as well, so there’s that too lol. I still have a few more purchases I could make before it gets hairy 🤣

For those reading this convo, In all reality you don’t even need a system like I have. You could fill up a 15 gallon fabric pot with some bedding and worm food and work it right there. Or you could use a Rubbermaid bin, you don’t need multi tiers.

The final 2 amendments to complete my collection. I now have every amendment I could ever need to grow any plant, but specifically grow cannabis really well.

These last two wound up being cheaper on Amazon than in store, which is odd. I could’ve gotten azomite cheaper if I was willing to purchase 44 pounds of it, however most of my recipes call for around an 1/8 tsp of it so a 44 pound bag would last the rest of my life lol. As it is, I have 35 pounds of greensand that will take years to go through

IMG_8026.jpeg

I won’t soapbox on religion today, I’ve made my stance clear. I will say though for those still stuck in the between, holidays like today have roots that go back much further than any of the abrahamic religions, and much further than any of the mainstream religions of today. Humans have long celebrated spring. We’ve built monuments and earth calendars in honor of it. This is a time of rejuvenation and life. You can celebrate the day, and the meaning, without being confined to some other persons idea of what you should believe and feel.

Happy Spring all!

Blue Thais are punching back. I gave them a top dressing of blood meal and all purpose 4-4-4 last night. I have started watering twice a day in the fabric containers and they seem to be responding well.

IMG_8046.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom