L-1-U DIY Grow

That would be sweet OMM! :yahoo:

I hope I have no problems this grow and can let her grow to be fully mature. By that act of the Budda Gods this might happen....:rollit:

i'm doing my first scrog with a plant that had real weak limbs so she threads thru the holes really ez....good luck to us both, it will be good to see how she goes....lavendar:cheer::cheer:

Yea I can't wait to watch how this grow is gonna go....This is my 1st scrog as well.

I hope both of our scrogs turn out well.

What's good with ya 420

Well just a little update today. The clones are doing very well and looks like they will make it, all three of them.:cheer: They look very healthy to me. My sprout is doing good as well, it's still to young to tell if she is sativa or indica.

I'll try to get some photos later today..

On the scrog side it seems like every day I have to relocate the branches to new holes. I also raised my lights about 3 inches to create a little more streching effect, now my light are about 5 inches above the screen. I have given her a gallon of water Sunday and yesterday and she is close to being bone dry today . Wow she's really thristy, she'll get another drink tommorow. Gotta make her work for her juice....lol

I'm thinking next week I'll start the flowering phase... Yup sounds that good to me.. This weekend will be her 48 hours of darkness.

Well I'm been thinking and I'm gonna veg her for another 2 weeks to make an atempt to fill in the screen. I dont need the smoke right now and with about a 10 week flowering time for this strain I might as well get as many bud sites as possible...

hey L 1, I think thats a good choice. And displays more patience than I can probably muster, lol.

good luck loading her up.

hey L 1, I think thats a good choice. And displays more patience than I can probably muster, lol.

good luck loading her up.

Patience is something I am learning....lol
I think it will all work out in the end though..

It's just a PITA playing these waiting game...:smokin:

Well I'm been thinking and I'm gonna veg her for another 2 weeks to make an atempt to fill in the screen. I dont need the smoke right now and with about a 10 week flowering time for this strain I might as well get as many bud sites as possible...

Try kicking the lights 24/0 and drop them to around 4 inches above the screen. If you can shift the lights around a couple of times a day, you should get good coverage and the plant will think it is like summer in the polar regions. Light intensity falls of with the square of the disance to the leaves. For floros, it is generally best to be close. I forgot how close pH got his long floro tubes to his canopy, but I bet it was around 4 to 6 inches.

EDIT: I haven't put a grow through a 24/0 cycle, let alone during the middle of a grow. A bump up to 20/4 should still give adequate bump in total daily lumen exposure while still having a dark cycle.

Try kicking the lights 24/0 and drop them to around 4 inches above the screen. If you can shift the lights around a couple of times a day, you should get good coverage and the plant will think it is like summer in the polar regions. Light intensity falls of with the square of the disance to the leaves. For floros, it is generally best to be close. I forgot how close pH got his long floro tubes to his canopy, but I bet it was around 4 to 6 inches.

EDIT: I haven't put a grow through a 24/0 cycle, let alone during the middle of a grow. A bump up to 20/4 should still give adequate bump in total daily lumen exposure while still having a dark cycle.

Hey L-1 listen to the master Munki Totally agree with him on 20/4.
Been my experience that they need the dark to grow a bit too! :cool:

I'll give it a go.. 20/4 it is..
But the bad thing is I can not move my lights around only up and down..

Thanks Munki and OMM

I'll give it a go.. 20/4 it is..
But the bad thing is I can not move my lights around only up and down..

Thanks Munki and OMM

That shouldn't be a problem L-1 as long as they get coverage. Just turn the lights off where they are. Look at them before you turn the lights back on, in case one of them grows a bit.:grinjoint:

That shouldn't be a problem L-1 as long as they get coverage. Just turn the lights off where they are. Look at them before you turn the lights back on, in case one of them grows a bit.:grinjoint:

Yea my lights have an even coverage for the most part. I might add a few more lights for the sides but I should be sweet IMO.

Always good to hear from ya OMM..

Glad to see your still going strong L-1-up. Ill be watching the scrog from a distance but just wanted to say :goodluck: Ill be rooting for your girlz.:grinjoint:

I'm just glad your here teiji..

Good luck with your grow as well, I'll have to get over there tomorrow when I get some free time and check out your journal..

All 3 of my clones have survived and rooted without any rooting gel. That is just 2 sweet, now I got 3 new ladies and a sprout that has fat wide leaves, I'm thinking it might be indica, b/c sativz's have long and skinny leaves if I understand correctly. I'll get photos of the clones and my sprout tomorrow, I have to many things to do today.

I'm really amazed at how you don't need clonex or any other rooting compound to clone. I just took my fresh cuts and stuck them right in root roit plugs added dirt and stuck a dome over them. Sprayed them down once a day and kept water in the bottom of the tray, that way it keeps moisture in there. 8 days later roots were sticking out and going into the dirt. You have to love mother nature and how she does things. :cheer::cheer:

All 3 of my clones have survived and rooted without any rooting gel. That is just 2 sweet, now I got 3 new ladies and a sprout that has fat wide leaves, I'm thinking it might be indica, b/c sativz's have long and skinny leaves if I understand correctly. I'll get photos of the clones and my sprout tomorrow, I have to many things to do today.

I'm really amazed at how you don't need clonex or any other rooting compound to clone. I just took my fresh cuts and stuck them right in root roit plugs added dirt and stuck a dome over them. Sprayed them down once a day and kept water in the bottom of the tray, that way it keeps moisture in there. 8 days later roots were sticking out and going into the dirt. You have to love mother nature and how she does things. :cheer::cheer:

The cuttings themselves have "rooting hormones" in them so yes they will root without added hormone. The additives help boost speed and root vigor.

Check out this good basic cloner.

Wick Cloner: simple, cheap and effective

:peace:

What's good with ya 420.

Well I'm sorry to say I had to scrap the scrog due to personal reasons. Nothing bad like the police or anything but the welfare of a child is more important than these plants to me, but my lady is in good hands. You can't have your cake and Ice Cream too, it seems everytime I get to understand a techique of growing something happens in my personal life that detures me from growing. It is what it is...

I placed her with a friend here in town and will recieve half of the harvest when that time and some clones when the time comes that I can grow again. She is now under 2500 watts of light give or take and has many friends to chat with. I can't wait to see how phat those buds are gonna be. My buddy has all the good nutes and high power lights. I can't wait to get some meds, but it will be about 10 weeks or so. Maybe I'll try to get some photo's when I go and check on her..

The clones have been placed outside for a guriella grow. I'll have to check on them in a few days, I'll try to get a photo or two. My buddy has some land and has been watering them lately for me. They wont get to tall because I place them in a covered wooded area and plan on lst'ing if they do b/c I dont want them noticed. The get the morning sun and part of the evening light. I placed them in that spot so that way they will get limited light and hopefully will start to flower with-in the next few weeks or month tops. With these ladies having a 10 week flowering cycle I just want them to mature before falling into the cold weather here in outter space..

I plan on keeping this journal going through harvest. It'll be with fewer photos and more talking I guess.

On a side note I had gotten some G-13 the other day and my buddy said it might have some seeds, that his WW had gotten to her. Well I got 3 beans of a G-13 crossed with WW. So when the time comes I'm gonna grow that. I know for a fact that the G-13 is just outstanding. You take about 4 good hits from a bowl and just a few minutes later you feel so relaxed. I hope that all three germinate because they are quite small seeds, but that would be an awesome strain.

Until the next time..

hi L1, sorry to hear that life got in the way again. Gotta do the right thing.
hope things get sorted out for you so you can get back to tending your garden, but your clones will keep you in the loop.
Good luck bro. It'd be great to see a pic now and then of your scrog as it developes under your buddies lights.

Back
Top Bottom