L.E.D lighting for flowering?

Rinzy

I'm a first time grower and I'm working with one plant right now just to experiment with it until I am more comfortable with a full garden. The plant is looking pretty good and I have it lighted with flourecents at the moment and need to look into other lighting for when I put it into flowerering. I heard from someone that led lights will work but I'm not familiar with it. If this is a feasable option I'd like to do this since I'm sure it will much more cost effective than a hps bulb. Any info on this subject is much appeciated.

Yes u can flower with LEDs, but unfortunately most people who have done so whose posts I've read had poor results. The technology is fairly new so people are steadily working to improve this new technology to effective compete with other types of lighting systems. Check out this thread LED vs. HPS - veg to flowering using LED Personally I prefer HPS for flowering.

I'm a first time grower and I'm working with one plant right now just to experiment with it until I am more comfortable with a full garden. The plant is looking pretty good and I have it lighted with flourecents at the moment and need to look into other lighting for when I put it into flowerering. I heard from someone that led lights will work but I'm not familiar with it. If this is a feasable option I'd like to do this since I'm sure it will much more cost effective than a hps bulb. Any info on this subject is much appeciated.

Well, I use CFLs right now, but I do have a UFO 90watt LED. I have read many opinions on LEDs and I understand they do fairly well in veg, but not well in flowering. I have limited space, so no big hot lights for me. For flowering I will use the CFLs. Some folks have had good luck with them.
My next grow I'll try the UFO for veg and see what happens.
Truthfully if you have money and space go for a HPS, even a small one is better than what I am using. :peace:

hey so i've been using LEDs to both veg (Haight Solid State PPF400) and flower (Haight Solid State PPF800) and I've been having good results so far. I'm 4 weeks into flower and you can definitely see some healthy looking buds forming. Here's the link to the journal I just set up -- it's my first grow ever, so please be nice! I think they look great but I know I can get them a lot more bushy next time once I invest in some nicer soil and get a little more practice. I'd say be careful which light you buy, because I've heard a lot of them suck. HSS lights use 6w bulbs though, and make a full sunlight spectrum. I know it'll take time for them to catch on, but the evidence will speak for itself eventually.. .

NY Diesel in SF. my first grow!

Back
Top Bottom