Leaf discolor

The70’s

1687998011359.jpeg

1687998043833.jpeg

My gorilla glue seems mostly effected. Pots are full of food, watering 6.5ph, VPD is about right, although nighttime just got real humid, i course corrected. The GG4 is very unhappy

DLI has been between 25/30 18/6

Dont hesitate to ask questions or make some observations, thanx for checking this out.

I use dry amendments, they have been in this soil for 4 weeks and started as seeds, June 1st

Looks like leaf miner damage to me, although they usually do more than that, maybe you just got a single tiny one or something. Or perhaps even mechanical (touch) damage which could be you or someone/thing else touching it, fan too close, etc...
eta - well, you specifically asked about the color and I didn't address that .... it does look odd, but it would probably help if you could post a pic or two of the whole plant, so that the overall effect can be more easily seen.

Hey the70’s -what’s happening??

Are they in smart pots or hardside plastic containers?

Works better on hardside containers than fabric pots… but anywho tilt the bucket to a steep 45 degree angle. Stabilze or prop the container so it won’t tip over… leave it propped at that 45 degree angle for at least 24 hours and the container will pee out all the excess water from the soil…

hope they pull thru for you!!

Works better on hardside containers than fabric pots… but anywho tilt the bucket to a steep 45 degree angle. Stabilze or prop the container so it won’t tip over… leave it propped at that 45 degree angle for at least 24 hours and the container will pee out all the excess water from the soil…

Thanx man, they look very sick and limp☹️ i’ll give that a shot

What's the instructions for spraying the Mammoth? Can we see a photo of the whole plant(s)?

The plants were looking great except for the limited (?) leaf damage. Don't give up!

What's the instructions for spraying the Mammoth? Can we see a photo of the whole plant(s)?

The plants were looking great except for the limited (?) leaf damage. Don't give up!

Apply every 3rd day, at night, for 2-3wks, thats their cycle of life 2wks.
I can see them move under my microscope. I’ll have pics in the morning

They are in plastic pots, but lightening up a bit day by day, 3 of the 4 look like they have a chance

Apply every 3rd day, at night, for 2-3wks, thats their cycle of life 2wks.
I can see them move under my microscope. I’ll have pics in the morning
OK. Are you spraying that stuff straight or mixing with water? If mixing with water, what ratio? Does it mix or separate?

I don't doubt you have seen them... just want to understand how you are treating them. When you said they are looking very sick and limp, I immediately thought it could be because of the Mammoth.

OK. Are you spraying that stuff straight or mixing with water? If mixing with water, what ratio? Does it mix or separate?

I don't doubt you have seen them... just want to understand how you are treating them. When you said they are looking very sick and limp, I immediately thought it could be because of the Mammoth.

The other 3 seem to be ok with the treatment, the 4th is very droopy and the stems are not stiff….droopy

Here are the directions for use:

1688616930201.png

That's 2 tbsp per gallon. Did you use that ratio?

The product is literally corn oil, 15% thyme oil, and emulsifier to mix the oil with water. (The corn oil is very likely GMO because the mfg. states the product is not OMRI organic, and they specifically don't say non-GMO. So, very cheap corn oil.)

15% thyme oil means... 15% of 2 tbsp = 0.3 tbsp. That's 68 drops of thyme oil. That's a lot! When I use orange essential oil for foliar spray, I use only about 12-16 drops in 1 gal water. Maybe 20 drops max.

I like to use 100% cold pressed neem seed oil mixed with Bronner's liquid peppermint soap. The recipe is 1 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp Bronner's liquid soap, in 1/2 gal of water in the pump sprayer. Shake very well. Neem oil is a lot better than corn oil. Neem specifically kills insects because of its azadirachtin content. It is also absorbed by the plant, giving the plant some systemic resistance to insects. Bronner's provides soap and peppermint oil, both of which help kill insects. Sometimes I will also add some drops of orange essential oil which is a potent insecticide.

Here are the directions for use:

1688616930201.png

That's 2 tbsp per gallon. Did you use that ratio?

The product is literally corn oil, 15% thyme oil, and emulsifier to mix the oil with water. (The corn oil is very likely GMO because the mfg. states the product is not OMRI organic, and they specifically don't say non-GMO. So, very cheap corn oil.)

15% thyme oil means... 15% of 2 tbsp = 0.3 tbsp. That's 68 drops of thyme oil. That's a lot! When I use orange essential oil for foliar spray, I use only about 12-16 drops in 1 gal water. Maybe 20 drops max.

I like to use 100% cold pressed neem seed oil mixed with Bronner's liquid peppermint soap. The recipe is 1 tbsp neem oil, 1 tbsp Bronner's liquid soap, in 1/2 gal of water in the pump sprayer. Shake very well. Neem oil is a lot better than corn oil. Neem specifically kills insects because of its azadirachtin content. It is also absorbed by the plant, giving the plant some systemic resistance to insects. Bronner's provides soap and peppermint oil, both of which help kill insects. Sometimes I will also add some drops of orange essential oil which is a potent insecticide.

Im trying to take this all in, im new to pests so thank you very much for your advice. Im trying to understand it all so when im mixing im not just being a drone, i like to understand a little better.

This mixure you discribe is for just thrips or is it a little broader ? Im not questioning it critically, just want to understand more.

Can you provide a link to the bonner peppermint soap, im seeing it but it doesn’t specify it’s peppermint

Im trying to take this all in, im new to pests so thank you very much for your advice. Im trying to understand it all so when im mixing im not just being a drone, i like to understand a little better.

This mixure you discribe is for just thrips or is it a little broader ? Im not questioning it critically, just want to understand more
Sure. How about you answer my questions first, then we'll go from there?

I believe you asked how much i used, approximately 2tbsp per gallon, if that was what you were asking, sorry 😞
OK, thanks. Yeah, I don't consider it to be a great product, but I think you used it properly.

Your plants actually look quite good... nice deep green color. 👍 If I were you, I'd give them a break on the Mammoth and instead give them a good spray down with pure water, or maybe water with a little liquid soap (natural liquid soap). Liquid soap solution is also used to keep back the bugs. I use a pump sprayer that looks like this:
1688642491700.png
comes in 1/2 gal, 1 gal, 2 gal.

This mixure you discribe is for just thrips or is it a little broader ? Im not questioning it critically, just want to understand more.

Can you provide a link to the bonner peppermint soap, im seeing it but it doesn’t specify it’s peppermint
I use it for all insects. I'm an outdoor grower in Hawaii. What I see on my plants is aphids, something called a flea hopper that's a bit like an aphid, thrips, and leaf miner. Not much else than those I think. The most common is aphids and flea hoppers.

Here's the link to Dr. Bronners. If you are in the U.S., you can usually find it at any natural foods store.

OK, thanks. Yeah, I don't consider it to be a great product, but I think you used it properly.

Your plants actually look quite good... nice deep green color. 👍 If I were you, I'd give them a break on the Mammoth and instead give them a good spray down with pure water, or maybe water with a little liquid soap (natural liquid soap). Liquid soap solution is also used to keep back the bugs. I use a pump sprayer that looks like this:
1688642491700.png
comes in 1/2 gal, 1 gal, 2 gal.

I use it for all insects. I'm an outdoor grower in Hawaii. What I see on my plants is aphids, something called a flea hopper that's a bit like an aphid, thrips, and leaf miner. Not much else than those I think. The most common is aphids and flea hoppers.

Here's the link to Dr. Bronners. If you are in the U.S., you can usually find it at any natural foods store.

Im in the continental US☺️ thanx for the link, this is my third grow and im getting a crash course on bugs, my microscope came in very handy.

When you say give them a break, what i have read is one application every 3 days, fir at least 2 weeks, im about a week into what i thought would be a 2-3 week treatment, your thoughts 🤔

Back
Top Bottom