LED Full Spectrum Light For PC Grow

Yes try to get something dimmable like turbo mentioned. You may find more options if you look at planted aquarium light strips dimmable with remote.

PC for stealth is visually only to me, I think it would be really hard to control the odor inside a PC tower IMHO, as harder to use carbon pre-filter material to cover all the holes of your intake and exhaust (and that stuff only gets rid of so much of the smell). IMHO a modified cabinet gives you a little more space and a bit easier to control the smell while still being "stealthy". Smell will vary by Strain too, as some it isn't quite as strong and others just flat out freaking reek ;), but it is a distinctive smell that can be strong later on in Flower.

@Virgin ground @TurboBucket

Hey! Thanks soo much guys!! Ok I found what you meant about the dimmable SMD LED strip. It is 5 meters long with 60 LEDs per meter. Total 300 LEDs Each LED gives 18 lumens. So if I can manage to stick it all nicely on around the walls of the PC it will give 5400 Lumens with full 5 meters. But 5400 is more than enough for a PC grow. You can also cut it off at every 3 LEDs to adjust and to make it shorter. It has the controller to make it brighter or dimmer. Totally it gives 72W power.

Then I will prepare 2 fans one for incoming air and one for out. A Carbon filter for smell absorption and also have in mind to look for other cooling ideas. The room I will have it in is not so humid but I'm planning on having it in a corner. Will try LST to try to keep the plants at a lower height also. The room I will be in is not big but is also my home office and not many people come in anyway so maybe I can try something else instead of a PC also.

I think it will be a good start.

A little more space does give a lot more lighting options.

The option to cut the strip is pretty cool. I use 7000-7500k smd 24 watt to start seeds and clones. My c!ones are over a foot tall and I have cut them down a few times. So for a small plant those should be good.

I have seen people repurpose armoires and dressers as grow cabinets. Perhaps you could find something that blends in with the office decor if you feel the pc to be too small.

If you can find a strip with a 2:3 or 3:2 ratio would be better that's a lot of red but it will work. Another bulb will take up more space and includes the power converter inside it so it will make more heat per "watt" than the strips. If you need more light add more strips.
They make "compost can carbon pads" that are a pretty good fit with 120mm case fans

Yes I will try to find a strip with more blue. Thanks for the tips guys!! Very very helpful! Also I found the compost can carbon pads on Amazon! I will see what I can do about the grow space and so. But all this was very helpful to understand how lighting goes. Thank you all so much! I will update on how it goes in the neat future. Thanks so much!

The Samsung Q-series 228mm linear light strips in 3000K are the best you can get for a microgrow.

It's the most efficient piece of optoelctronic available today and runs very cool and a piece of aluminium U-channel is more than enough to passively cool the strips.

They have 20x LM301b diodes each, and a handful of these strips is enough to light a PC cabinet, they max out at around 12w, but should be run at 9-10w each for best efficiency.
It's possible to get a dimmable driver, or even a driver the size of a matchbox that can run a single strip @ 10w :)

Part number @ Digi-key.com: SI-B8V051280US

You can see them in this build:
DIY Test Build with Samsung Q-series strips

Back
Top Bottom