LED grow problem

K. Most of the info I've quickly gathered seems to indicate that most people who are using dutchpro with coco seem to be using it in hydro DWC and flood/ebb-flow systems with roots suspended in solution with aeration. Is this how you're using it?

But like I said. I don't use coco. I'm sure it's great but I've never seen the point (other than for extremely experienced growers who want to create their own custom nutrient base). I don't want to make assumptions about your skill level but I would dry out a sample of your media, get the cheap kit and run a quick slurry test for ph and definitely test NPK. If your NPK is good and your ph is in fact what you say then the only answer would be nutrient lock out due to low ph. This means you have all the nutrients you need stored in the coco but your plant can't absorb them.
You will need to dry and grind the coco test sample to get accurate results.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I talked to a guy who's using coco. He's using Roots organic 707 and watering with a ph of 5.8-6.0 with good results.

Tacolly! I've tried to quickly catch up but need to know first. Did you soak the Coco first before you put the plant in it with calmag and a light "tea" of nutrients? Coco has nothing in it and if you just put a plant in it then it starts to yellow from the bottom up usually because it's using stored nutrients to stay alive.

I had this issue early in my grow. The plant stopped growing and started using up all the energy for the lower stuff and turned yellow with tips getting crispy. It took quite a few days (maybe a whole week) after I learned this to get it fixed. I upped my veg nutrients and my cal mag for that time being. In Coco and with LEDs calmag is always an issue because they need more than with soil. My PH and everything was great the whole time. Also if you use R/O water it lacks calcium and magnesium as well. Normal water usually has traces of it in there.

I think it is doing just like you said, if you transplanted recently then it is for sure the same problem I had. It'll eat up a lot of that lower stuff as well but in the end I just snipped those leaves off and went on with just a minor setback. Any questions just stop by my journal and feel free to ask!

Listen to this guy ^^^^^

He's an experienced coco grower. You have to create your own nutrient base with coco. Coco is an advanced technique for advanced growers. If you're having problems 2 times in a row please, please, please consider going to soil. I have to use soil according to Health Canada's guidelines for Access to cannabis for Medical Purposes (ACMPR) and I have to keep it organic and with laboratory sterile conditions. I wish I could help with your coco grow but I just can't. So I'm passing the ball to Asesino. He'll get you running again.

Peace.

Listen to this guy ^^^^^

He's an experienced coco grower. You have to create your own nutrient base with coco. Coco is an advanced technique for advanced growers. If you're having problems 2 times in a row please, please, please consider going to soil. I have to use soil according to Health Canada's guidelines for Access to cannabis for Medical Purposes (ACMPR) and I have to keep it organic and with laboratory sterile conditions. I wish I could help with your coco grow but I just can't. So I'm passing the ball to Asesino. He'll get you running again.

Peace.

I'm still new at this but IMHO advanced growing techniques may get you a better yield or faster turn around time, but you can also kill a plant a whole lot quicker too (or get less yield/turn around time) if you don't have the "basics" down as soil is a hella lot more forgiving to mistakes. As everything I'm sure there are opinions totally different on that, same as to me "quality of product" in my mind falls more on genetics of your seed/clones than on growing medium/technique, but what do I know as I"m new to this ;) :rofl:

Soil n led my girls
f4cf08d11970ada0f8898dd824365ece.jpg

Autoflower420

The first plant I got from my friend was in soil it was about 8/10inch tall after a week all the leaves went yellow and crispy and then all the new growth did so I cut it and the stem was hollow

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Tacolly! I've tried to quickly catch up but need to know first. Did you soak the Coco first before you put the plant in it with calmag and a light "tea" of nutrients? Coco has nothing in it and if you just put a plant in it then it starts to yellow from the bottom up usually because it's using stored nutrients to stay alive.

I had this issue early in my grow. The plant stopped growing and started using up all the energy for the lower stuff and turned yellow with tips getting crispy. It took quite a few days (maybe a whole week) after I learned this to get it fixed. I upped my veg nutrients and my cal mag for that time being. In Coco and with LEDs calmag is always an issue because they need more than with soil. My PH and everything was great the whole time. Also if you use R/O water it lacks calcium and magnesium as well. Normal water usually has traces of it in there.

I think it is doing just like you said, if you transplanted recently then it is for sure the same problem I had. It'll eat up a lot of that lower stuff as well but in the end I just snipped those leaves off and went on with just a minor setback. Any questions just stop by my journal and feel free to ask!
Yes I transplanted in to coco that was feed and calmag I think It mite be calmag as got a plant of my friend and same happened and it was in soil it am using tap water with advanced nutrients sensi grow a+b, advanced nutrients cal mag, advanced nutrients voodoo juice, advanced nutrients b-52

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yes I transplanted in to coco that was feed and calmag I think It mite be calmag as got a plant of my friend and same happened and it was in soil it am using tap water with advanced nutrients sensi grow a+b, advanced nutrients cal mag, advanced nutrients voodoo juice, advanced nutrients b-52

Thats the issue then, the plant is just in shock from going from one medium that is preloaded with nutrients and going into a soil-less medium (coco). With coco you have to give it everything needs so essentially the plant freezes unless the coco was adequately soaked in a nutrient "tea". It'll be fine and bounce back. As long as you keep seeing new growth out of the middle you are A-ok. This same issue I had as well and it probably set me back a week where the plants just sat there and turned yellow until finally they bounced back. It's in my current journal if you want to look.

Back
Top Bottom