LEDs how high is too high

Amber Trichomes

420 Member
Hey everyone, I bought a spider farmer 2x2 grow tent kit it came with a sf100d led light. It's not dim able.I just finished a G14 autoflower and got a terrible yield and now just finishing my 2nd crop of G14 which is a better yield however My leaves still yellowed early on in both crops and low yields. I followed the recommended height ect to no avail.
So now I'm around my 3rd week with my next batch and same shit yellow leaves, well I raised the lights and wham there it is the LEDS,at least for me, were to close. I know with T5s too close was never an issue for me anyways hopefully I got another thing figured out and someone can learn from my trials and tribulations.
Happy growing friends,
Amber Trichomes

Hey everyone, I bought a spider farmer 2x2 grow tent kit it came with a sf100d led light. It's not dim able.I just finished a G14 autoflower and got a terrible yield and now just finishing my 2nd crop of G14 which is a better yield however My leaves still yellowed early on in both crops and low yields. I followed the recommended height ect to no avail.
So now I'm around my 3rd week with my next batch and same shit yellow leaves, well I raised the lights and wham there it is the LEDS,at least for me, were to close. I know with T5s too close was never an issue for me anyways hopefully I got another thing figured out and someone can learn from my trials and tribulations.
Happy growing friends,
Amber Trichomes
Let’s hear about your medium and nutrients first before we discuss lights.

18-24” are general heights for that type of light.

Happy growing friends,
Amber Trichomes
I've run a spiderfarmer sf1000 for a couple single plant grows. During flowering the lights are 18-21 inches ubove the canopy.

Unlikely the yellowing leaves are from the lights, unless they are yellowing/burning from the top down. As said we need info on grow media, nutrients , watering schedule, etc., to be able to help you. Pictures under natural light would would really aid in giving you an assessment.

Happy growing friends,
Amber Trichomes
Good morning @Amber Trichomes welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Looks like @Phytoplankton has you sorted out.
If you get a chance start a journal for your ladies so we can all see.
Here is a link.

Stay safe
Bill

Hiya - a K def is more likely but hard to say without more info
The light cannot make the lower leaves yellow my friend
K def with 3 week old plants ? Or maybe I'm not reading his post correctly. Sounds like it's starting in 3rd week of Veg & continuing into flower from what I've read.

K def with 3 week old plants ? Or maybe I'm not reading his post correctly. Sounds like it's starting in 3rd week of Veg & continuing into flower from what I've read.
Same here. Almost as if the soil, if they are in soil, fell down on the job. Or if in a hydro style grow something went wrong.

Even in the 3rd or 4th week a serious lack of K can start to show and become a disaster by the time the plant goes into flower. It becomes worse if there is not enough cal-mag available. I have experienced this on several runs of clones going through their turn in my perpetual grow.

But, a photograph taken under white light, not purple, red or yellow, would give a better idea of what could be happening.

Let’s hear about your medium and nutrients first before we discuss lights.

18-24” are general heights for that type of light.
I used pro-mix vegetable and herb mixed with perlite, worm castings, rock dust, my second grow just the pro-mix and the same thing. Third time I started my seeds and right from day 1 the leaves on all the plants started to yellow. I raised the lights and now they are beautiful.

I used pro-mix vegetable and herb mixed with perlite, worm castings, rock dust, my second grow just the pro-mix and the same thing. Third time I started my seeds and right from day 1 the leaves on all the plants started to yellow. I raised the lights and now they are beautiful.
Are you not feeding any nutrients?

I did and am. I used molasses and a couple compost teas as well as top dressing with worm castings and pro-mix tomatoe and herb it's a 4-4-8 all organic I forgot to mention my stem and the veins of the leaves went a real reddish colour I'll try to get som pics

Older yellowing leaves at the bottom? Veins still green? Like this? Common under LEDs. This is a magnesium deficiency. Usually develops a calcium deficiency too..cal/mag at 5ml/gal every watering fixed these right up. The yellow leaves won’t turn green, they’re gonna die so as soon as you see a deficiency it’s important to treat. You have to run warm in your tent with LEDs too. Try to keep it 84f
678BC55F-05CC-4814-B290-772772049C6A.jpeg

I did and am. I used molasses and a couple compost teas as well as top dressing with worm castings and pro-mix tomatoe and herb it's a 4-4-8 all organic I forgot to mention my stem and the veins of the leaves went a real reddish colour I'll try to get som pics
Just saw the red vein description and you may have a phosphorus deficiency.

Here is couple picks, one in and one out of the tent. All of these started to turn yellow but not too bad with any red in the stem or leaf veins, like my two first grows. I realized it was starting though. Everything was fertalized and had water, so raised the light and it stopped you can see it in the two front plants still and a bit on the baby.Oh these plants are just reg photos they popped there heads out on February 17 & 18. It's bubba kush, white widow and a mystery 2 of each hopefully I get at least one nice mother.
✌️❤️

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I forgot to mention that white powder is diatomaceous earth I use it to keep the fungas knats down and the small plants are clover Dutch white clover to be precise. It's a nitrogen fixer helps build soil structure and prevents evaporation or slows it down. It's likely unnecessary because these will be gettin transplanting I just like to do it. I got a half pound of seeds at a mill for $4.50. So they are cheap.
Tx for reading

Honestly you have a lot of things going on with your nute line. Let’s bring in @Emilya and see if she can shine some light on the issues here.

Back
Top Bottom