Let's Grow A Pound

Re: SouthernWeed's Second...Let's Grow A Pound

SW wich Dm nutrient calculator are you going to use, full strength or 3/4 strength? I personally for the first time went with the 3/4 strength just to be safe. I did have a nuteburn in one of my two DWC's that because of my error but a dose of Flora keen helped it out. If I had the room I would set up 10 to 20 (5) gallon buckets. Like you said, "I don't mind mangaging individiual buckets."

I'm easing into it, but I'm going full strength, but only because I know the SLH will take it. I'm going to keep a close eye on the UH, but I think they'll be fine.

Seems you're off to another good start. Bravo, my friend.

Thanks Janx, hope it keeps up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roots through on all five plants. First node growth evident on all plants. Fan was added just a moment ago. So far so good.

I'm reworking some space/heat issues, but already started another small grow. 18 seedlings.....maybe this one will at least make it full term. (without hermies/family raids/running out of smoke early...lol)

I'm reworking some space/heat issues, but already started another small grow. 18 seedlings.....maybe this one will at least make it full term. (without hermies/family raids/running out of smoke early...lol)

Yeah, I don't know how guys like you and Pit can run such large indoor grows without gettiing killed buy the hidden male/hermie, but I reckon vigilance is the price you pay. And I've pulled up the welcome mat for the next five months, so nobody better come here looking for a free place to stay...lol. As far as running out of smoke goes, I tried to imagine that horror, but couldn't get my mind around it.

Hey now.....I enjoy my OCD! Lol Just so you know, I've anally scrubbed and bleached my entire grow system (for rogue pollen). Hopefully, the heat issue can be fixed and all 1,400 W MH/HPS can be used across 6-9 females after sexing. I know I'll at least be using the 1 KW HPS. About running out...man I told you, I'm in the DEEP south. Way too many flyby's for outdoor to ever succeed and nobody has the balls for big indoor grows. If not for cheap Mex imports there'd never be any smoke here (and there isn't right now). I have to stretch 2-1/2 oz's over this grow (or buy more...?) as we can't think about moving until at least Sept. So, might as well turn the lights back on for now. Lol.

sounds like youve got things well sorted southern, im in. +reps

Thanks for that Gunja. I do have a plan laid out for this grow...now we have to get the plants to play along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this morning all is well. The seedlings have already quit swaying in the breeze. Amazing how fast the stems will begin to strengthen. 1st node growth is progressing on all five plants. I reloaded the homemade co2 bottles with more sugar and yeast...maybe after this is over I'll distill the mash left over from them...lol. Anyhow, things are moving right along with no problems or issues to report. Hope it stays that way.

I have completed 1 pod in my growroom in the basement. The design actually calls for four of these identical pods, but construction has gone alot slower than I thought it would. I'm going to attempt to complete pod #2 this week, and hopefully move this grow and the next into a real grow room, not a modified bathroom.

Also, looking for anyone that has grown seed from DNA Genetics. They have a strain that I want to add to my seed collection, but I have no personal experience with them. Any info regarding the quality and stability of their products would be most welcome.

Hope y'all have a great day.

Please post pictures of your progress. I am following alone.
Peace

Day 7

Got our first problem child. One of the Utopia Haze, you'll remember that they had some odd looking root shoots, seems to be having some real root issues. She's the one on the front left. The seedling is still healthy and green looking but the roots are looking pretty sad. All other plants have multiple roots through the netcups and none of the withered root look. Anyhow, I'll keep a close eye on it for the time being...not much else I can do. Other than that, all is going smooth. The seedlings have gone sativa on me and really slowed down on the vertical growth, but new node growth is visable, if somewhat slow. So that's the news folks. A pic of the progress...

rsz_100_0646.jpg

Hi Southernweed!
Looky the itsy babies!! I love babies... I would love to follow this ride too, your last grow was wonderful. I'm in hiatus presently and still drying my last in this hot humid place. Like you I had a surprise family visit from son and DIL. I had the buds drying in the spare bedroom. Bestest driest airiest darkest place in the house. SO I hastily moved them back to the flower room, which is dark now but very humid. Now they're gone and back to the drying area. I am itching to grow more but I will follow yours and devote my time to planning a fall garden and reading and learning more stuff from all yall..
I am interested is seeing all along the DM nute grow. I haven't tried that one ever before. Good luck and may you have a superior grow. Your last one was awesome despite the unexpected ending.
Fineas
o<

Hi Southernweed!
Looky the itsy babies!! I love babies... I would love to follow this ride too, your last grow was wonderful. I'm in hiatus presently and still drying my last in this hot humid place. Like you I had a surprise family visit from son and DIL. I had the buds drying in the spare bedroom. Bestest driest airiest darkest place in the house. SO I hastily moved them back to the flower room, which is dark now but very humid. Now they're gone and back to the drying area. I am itching to grow more but I will follow yours and devote my time to planning a fall garden and reading and learning more stuff from all yall..
I am interested is seeing all along the DM nute grow. I haven't tried that one ever before. Good luck and may you have a superior grow. Your last one was awesome despite the unexpected ending.
Fineas
o<

Thanks for the kind words Fineas. I'm really expecting good things from the DM series. It came highly recomended by Pan4Gold49, and since I'm growing a strain he grew, I have a really good idea of what to expect. I was not terribly impressed with the Fox Farm stuff, but I must keep in mind it was my first grow. My friend at the hydro shop keeps preaching the Sensei word, but I'm going down this road for this back to back grow. Glad to have you aboard, hopefully we'll both learn something.

Sw have you added any nutes to your bucket yet? If so did you had to adjust your ph. Oh and are you using any other of the Dutch Masters line of stuff besides Grow/Flower?

Sw have you added any nutes to your bucket yet? If so did you had to adjust your ph. Oh and are you using any other of the Dutch Masters line of stuff besides Grow/Flower?

Nutes are at 300ppm. Actually had a little trouble getting the ph to balance for the first 36 hours or so, but I finally got that under control. I'm using the whole DM line Grow A+B, Liquid Light, Penetrator, Zone and Silica. Have the Bloom A+B waiting. God bless the online calculator...Pan was right, it's as close to idiot proof as anything I've ever seen.

You gave me the idea, Southern, but I expanded on it somewhat. Using what was already here, I diced 3-4 apples and 2 oranges (per jug), added one pack of yeast, 2 cups of sugar, and about 3/4 gallon of hot water. My grow smells fruity and my CO2 is literally boiling in the jugs. Just a tip.

Back
Top Bottom