Let's Grow A Pound

Re: SouthernWeed's Second...Let's Grow A Pound

Yep...and when you're done and distill yours, it'll taste a hell of alot better than mine...lmao!

Things are about the same. Problem child's roots seem to be improving, guess the DM Zone took hold and is helping out there. We'll just keep an eye on on it and hope for the best. The othe 4 seedlings look happy and healthy, problem child looks healthy as well, just the roots look a little off.

So really not much else to say today. I may be starting a third journal in a few days. I have had several people want to know if/when I was going to grow more AFs so I'm thinking about growing a few Double Diesel Ryders down in pod #1, just to see how everthing works. I have everything I need to build a flood and drain setup large enough to grow 5 AF Dwarfs, but It's more likely I'm going to put Pan's how-to/DIY on aeroponics to the test. All I'll actually have to buy for that is the sprayers and related tubing Kind of wanting to try a different angle on this hydro thing anyhow, just to learn all I can.

Y'all have a great day!

Looks good. I'm tuning in for more. Sounds like you got a good grip on what your doing. Keep it secret brotha. ;)

this looks to be a great 1 to watch i hope you don't mind if i tag along:grinjoint:

Looks good. I'm tuning in for more. Sounds like you got a good grip on what your doing. Keep it secret brotha. ;)

Welcome aboard!

this looks to be a great 1 to watch i hope you don't mind if i tag along:grinjoint:

All are welcome here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gave the nutes the bump to 500ppm last night, and the seedlings seem to be fine with it. Problem child has perked up quite a bit. The roots on it seem to be getting more healthy, and the growth of the roots has sped up a tad.

Thanks to the outstanding Grow Support team here, I have been covered with great info regarding FIM'ing and Supercropping, so when the time gets here, I'll be well informed on what to do.

Not much else to say about them this morning.

Hope y'all have a great day!

I just love it every time I see the title to this thread... I'm waiting for the next grow "Let's grow 5 pounds!".

Cheers!

Well, five pounds may be a bit much, but I like your ambition.

Just looked in on the girls and all looks well. Problem Child has come around nicely, with the look of the roots vastly improved. Not much else to say, the growth is slow, but steady.

Looking good SouthernWeed:grinjoint:
You have some cute little ones.:ganjamon:
Good Luck and keep it green.:peace:

+ rep If I can

Pan4

Thanks for the Rep, Pan.

Looks like sometime during the night the babies decided it was time to grow. Second set of leaves are developing nicely and there is some vertical growth as well. Hopefully, they are going to take off now. One plant, which has the least developed root system, actually threw a root straight up in the air. Found that when I looked in this am. I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do, so I removed the hydroton, poured nute/water mix from the res over the exposed root and rockwool to get the root to lay down and replaced the hydroton. It seemed to work fine.

Sometime towards the end of the week, probably Thursday, I'm going to be on vacation for a few days. Don't flip out if you don't hear from me in a week or so, I'm going somewhere with scantily clad women and drinks with umbrellas in them. I have made sure my babies will be well cared for, so don't worry about them.

Y'all have a great day...

Good morning one and all. Sorry for the later than usual update, but I had alot going on this am getting ready to head out on vacation Thursday.

I was going to post pics of all five plants, but it's been a bit since I charged the batteries and they croaked after two pics and one of them was horrible, so I'll post pics of the rest later today after I have some juice in the camera.

The posted pic is of problem child. She's a tad over 2 inches tall now. The leaf droop is caused by a little heat issue related to the fact I'm an idiot and I forgot to plug the fan back in after I rotated and inspected the plants yesterday. She's also showing some yellowing on the bottom and the possibility exists that she'll be pulled before I leave. When I post the rest of the plant pics today, you'll notice that none of the other plants are displaying any yellowing. They are also a little droopy, but I fully expect that they will fully recover from that.

The other plants run between 2.5" and 3" with exceptional root growth and an overall healthy look. Looks like the day I get home from vacation it's going to be time to put the plants into the bucket DWC setup and start the LST. I'm looking forward to seeing how that will work out.

Hope y'all have a great day...

rsz_100_0649.jpg

Well.....I can say that my salvage grow (lol) had worse looking plants in it to begin with. They were also 12-18in tall with no leaves....just the tops. I'll post new pics for ya in a minute. It'll come around....or if you have a new clone to replace it (diff strain even?) then toss it. We're still pacing the floor until the move, when we can get some decent genetics to work with. I'm still offended at having to grow my own Mid's...none of our paranoid friends would let us ship seeds to them...lol.

Good morning all. Was going to throw up some pics, but apparently the little lady already packed up the camera, and she left at 6am to go see her cousin's new baby. I can't get her on the cell so we'll have to make due with no pics until she gets back this afternoon.

Plants are doing great. Problem child's lowest leaves are still yellowed out, but the new growth is a beautiful shade of green. I would have thought that perhaps I jumped the nutes to 500ppm to quick, but none of the other plants show any yellowing at all, so I guess that weak roots may have hurt it some. I had thought about pulling this one up, but have decided to leave it until I get back from vacation. Be interesting to go away and come back to a full weeks growth.

This will most likely be my last post until I return. I'm taking my laptop with me, but I'll not be on to awful much, if at all, for the next week.

Y'all have a great week!

Hi again. Glad to see the the plants are taking off. I have to say this is the first grow + brew thread I´ve come across. Let me see if I got this straight, mash leads to moonshine, right? If so thats great. My grandad used to make "poitin" an irish potato/high alcohol jetfuel which was highly illegal but mad fun. Actually he was also a professional gardener and had a collection of clay pipes....

I´ll keep an eye out for update here.

Hi again. Let me see if I got this straight, mash leads to moonshine, right?

Yep...but the distillation thing was a joke.

Wanna see some new photos :yummy:

Well, it'll be Thursday night or Friday morning before I get some up. I'm on vacation. Well mostly I'm dodging thunderstorms and the like. If it makes you feel any better, I'd like to see some pictures of my babies also, but I am assured, by way of phone converstion, that they are fine and growing well if somewhat slowly.

Back
Top Bottom