Let's Grow A Pound

Re: SouthernWeed's Second...Let's Grow A Pound

Good morning all. After a very nice vacation, I'm back. Unfortunately, I have 5 very sick plants on my hands. Problem child is about to be pulled up, and the other 4 are showing signs of extreme stress. I'll post up some pics this afternoon after I change out the res and see if that perks them up. There was, and I quote my tender here, " a very slight case of algea..." Wrong...there was a severe algea outbreak, which I personally believe is why my plants are droopy, stunted and generally unhappy. I believe I can save them, it's just going to cost me a week or so of grow time. However, if these can't be saved, I'll start some Barneys Farm L*D and some Royal Queen White Widow (I know very little about that particular breeder, but they were, for all intents and purposes, free). I was really hoping to come back to plants ready for the move into the buckets and the start of LSTing, but I'm going to shelve that for the time being while I attempt to nurse these plants back to health. I'll give them a week or so and if there is not a dramatic improvement, I'll pull these up and move on. Anyhow, glad to be back, I missed the daily interaction with the community.

Back this afternoon with some pics.

Welcome home! We hope you're bronzed and slightly hung over (both signs of a good vacation).
Doesn't lowering the PH affect algea? I've used a PH 6 spray to address algea growing on rockwool cubes in the past... worked fine.

Cheers!

I think that one of the cup holes wasn't completely light-proof. I noticed that one of the covers was slightly off the actual cup hole and if that's the case, then algea was an inevetiblity. I'm going to blast the daylights out of them with algeacide and hope for the best. keep your fingers crossed.

what a shame that the cup holes wernt light proof, oh well i have got my fingers crossed that you will sort it out and recover what you can bro,,i recently had some problems with stressed plants and i bought something called "REVIVE" from advanced nutrients it is supposed to do wonders for plants in cases like this,, i payed 15 english pounds for a 1 litre tub that works out to about 20 us dollars,,,maybe see if you can get your hands on some thing like that and give it a go,,good luck southern

Hey SOUTHERN...just hopped onto your thread. Sorry to hear about the algea fams, I had a buddy take care of my shit for 10 days on time, he left the resevoir lid slightly off and DAMN! I had algea trying to grow in the tubes, in the pump, shit, even had dead flies in the water, needless to say, he lost some teeth and I lost some lovely ladies...I'm excited to follow this thread, I hear good things about the last. Oh, did you figure anything out about the FIM or SC yet?

Hey SOUTHERN...just hopped onto your thread. Sorry to hear about the algea fams, I had a buddy take care of my shit for 10 days on time, he left the resevoir lid slightly off and DAMN! I had algea trying to grow in the tubes, in the pump, shit, even had dead flies in the water, needless to say, he lost some teeth and I lost some lovely ladies...I'm excited to follow this thread, I hear good things about the last. Oh, did you figure anything out about the FIM or SC yet?

It was very disapointing to come back to unhappy plants, especially to a situation that was completely avoidable, but here we are so I'll deal with it. I recieved some awsome FIM and Supercrop info from Grow Support and will be posting a how to, complete with video, when I get to that point. Hopefully all that see it will find it educational, as I'm pretty certain that there are very few growers who want smaller than possible yields.

so 4 plants...1 pound... 4 oz/plant... indoor grow... good stock... yeah... you go baby! You might even get a bit left over for some bonus joy if your lights are strong!

sorry to just barge in n all but does that apply to all plants with their yeild i.e : 4 plants = 4oz per plant????
and if so wat can i do to get my babies to be that productive???
any tips on getting the most bud at harvest ???
mine are about 6 wks old now have a look at the pics if you can ...
please if you know how long i can leave them in vege mode ??? before i start to take them off the 24/0 lighting regimne ????

che bo

sorry to just barge in n all but does that apply to all plants with their yeild i.e : 4 plants = 4oz per plant????
please if you know how long i can leave them in vege mode ??? before i start to take them off the 24/0 lighting regimne ????

che bo

Greetings SillySmokah!
You should start your own journal, or start a new thread. It might be a bit un-polite to barge in on someone else's journal.

Having said that, check out some of the completed journals and see the techniques they are using and check out their yields. I'm sure you'll find a completed grow using whatever technique you're using. I've found the completed grows to be very helpful.

Cheers!

I've been wanting to FIM... looking forward to hearing your experiences.

Cheers!

I hope it works as well as some of the videos and tutorials I've seen.

Does it apply to all plants? No. Genetics program the plant with a "maximum" yield. The trick is to get as close to that maximum as possible. Some strains yield much more than others, so if you want a heavy yield, you need to pick a strain that will produce it. You can veg the plant for as long as you want, and generally speaking, the longer the veg, the higher the yield, as the plant will produce more budsites. A good way to tell when the plants are reasdy to go to flower is to watch the leaf nodes. When they begin coming in staggered, not right across from one another, they are ready.

Sorry 'bout the algae, Southern.
Hopefully they didn't get too stressed,and when you get rid of the algae you'll be back on track.
Good luck!

It sucks man, read on and you'll see what I mean.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, bad news. we're down to 2 Utopia Haze. Lost one UH and both Super Lemon Haze, they were just to stunted and to far gone, so I pulled them about 20 minutes ago. I'm so sad I could vomit. At least I still have some more SLH seeds to give them another go. At the moment, I'm trying to decide if I should germ them, or go with some of my Indica stock to try and balance out the harvest dates. I'll sort it out later, but right now that's the direction I'm leaning in.

The remaining two plants are in pretty rough shape, as you will be able to see, but they have perked up considerably with the res change and I believe that they will make it if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise. The moral of this particular story is...never leave your babies with anyone, they just don't care like you do.

Well, enough of me rambling on...here's side and top shots of the remaining two plants...

rsz_100_0664.jpg

rsz_100_0665.jpg

rsz_100_0667.jpg

rsz_100_0668.jpg

Y'all have a great day...

Well, not to sure about the comparison between this news and the news of Eddy Lepp, but I appreciate the sentiment. Just did a little consultation with my calender to figure out what to plant and believe I'm going to wait a week and germ out some indica seeds...Wonder what a blunt of 1/2 Utopia Haze and 1/2 White Widow would be like?

Wow
Rough start. Sorry for your losses but your the gardener, not your friend. I have been burnt like this myself. Now I do everything myself and only ask for help with really heavy shit and trimming.

So right...vacation or not, I should have had a better plan in place. However, things may be looking up. When I pulled the three badly stunted plants, I put them into buckets figuring that I could at least try to nurse them back to health idividually...but didn't have a lot of hope. This morning two of the three have made remarkable recoveries considering the state they were in. One, a SLH, is most likely a goner, but I believe I've managed to reach into the grave and bring two of them back. I'll be putting up pics as soon as the lights come on.

I have not tried it, but in hind sight, I wish I had.... I hear that foliar feeding can help revive a plant with root problems. The plant can't get neuts thru the roots, so foliar feeding can be an alternative. I've been foliar feeding some plants I have outside... seems to work great. Just be sure to start with a VERY weak mix and work your way up. I'm currently at about 1/4 strength, but I suggest you start even lower... perhaps around 1/8th.

Cheers

I went way off the reservation with my "treatment" of these plants...If they manage to survive, I'll post up the information for all to try. I'm afraid if I were to put it up now, I'd be laughed at until the cows come home.

Here's the pics. The first 4 are top/side views of the two I've attempted to save. I wish I had taken pics of them before I moved them into seperate quarters so there would be some comparrison before and after. The last 4 are top and side of the two that showed the least amount of stress, but they were pretty sick as well. The fifth plant isn't dead, as a matter of fact, it's showing some signs of recovery, but it is still pretty bad off and and I didn't include any pics of it. I'll give her another 3-4 days and make a decision on her fate then.

rsz_100_0671.jpg

rsz_100_0672.jpg

rsz_100_0673.jpg

rsz_100_0674.jpg

rsz_100_06751.jpg

rsz_100_0676.jpg

rsz_100_0677.jpg

rsz_100_06781.jpg

While none of these plants are currently the picture of health, they are seeming to come around. The easy thing to do would have been to throw all these out and start over again, but where would we be if everyone threw out plants and started over just because that would be the easy thing to do. Hopefully, this will serve as an education for me and anyone reading this journal. And if worse comes to worse, I have plenty of seeds to start over with.

y'all have a great day!

I think you should post the photos... it might help another grower at some future point. We promise not to laugh... and I'm sure most users will be very sympathetic and may provide some very handy tips.
On the other hand, I might be that fat man in a Speedo at your local shore... quite happy to let it all hang out, so perhaps I should shut up.

Cheers!

<edited after seeing SW's post>
Oh yea baby.... let it ALL hang out!!!!

Southern, I wouldn't stress on it too much. It is a WEED after all. Notoriously famous for growing through snow, heat, jungles, and stones. Rather than throw them out, if they don't perk up, and you want the space back in your hydro system, throw them in some potting soil in the corner, man. I've saved worse with damn good results. It just takes longer.

Back
Top Bottom