Light cycle

I've been around here for about a month reading and reading to start my first grow which I have. I have 9 girls under light right now, all clones, 2 Burmese Kush that are 2 weeks old, 3 sour diesel, 1 week old, 3 headband 707 1 week old and 1 afghani bullrider just planted 2 days ago. I'm using a light cycle of 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on, 5.5 off. I read about this cycle and it sounded good so that is what I am using but I'll be dammed if I can find the thread again. Any help would be great. This site is so fantastic that I can't express my feeling. Thanks for being here.

Bill

The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis Here you go the gas lantern routine :peace:

Their is another part to this called the diminshing light routine but not documented here in this link above which is used for flowering :thumb:

Thanks Fussy, That is what I was looking for.

I used the Gas Lamp Routine thru my current veg with beautiful results, not to mention saved over 60$ off my electric bill over the 2+ month veg time... the plants grew just as healthy and fast as an 18/6 schedule, and even seemed to flower faster afterwords... my blackberry kush showed pistils the 3rd day after the flip, and 6 days later 4 of my 6 are showing solid flower development already.... I would definitely recommend this to anyone, I will be using it from now on!!!

That is really good to hear. I made sense to me so that is why I am doing it. Nice to hear it works. Thanks Ice

I'm really liking the way my plants are looking. Here's are some pictures.
Here are the Burmese Kush

001945.JPG

These are the Headband 707

004845.JPG

Sour Diesel

006697.JPG

All vegging after transplant, Burmese Kush 20 days, Headband and Sour Diesel 13 days

exile, time will tell but as of now I'm happy with the growth. the indica isn't growing real fast but it looks really health and the sativas are growing to fast as they always do, so it says as I read. I'm about to start LST on the sativa to try and control the height and to get more coles. I so new at this, except for growing dirt weed back in the 70's and never getting any buds, :( that I learn every day. Let the fun begin.

Gas Lamp Worked great for me, flowering now, all 5 strains are showing strong flower development just after 1 week. Saved a good 70$ on my veg cycle as well :)

Ice, I like the idea of saving money and also the results that I'm hearing that comes with using the Gas Lamp routine. Good luck on your grow.

The grow is going really good. Plants are health. I LSTed the sativa's and they are really responding. The indica's are looking good too. I'll get some pictures on here tomorrow or sunday. I did do a couple with a little supercropping but I don't think I will do any more.

Interesting article.. It really shows how diverse a marijuana plant can be and really how ppl tend to over complicate their grow.. I think i may make a few adjustments to my lighting schedule and see what result it brings, i start a 19/5 anyway and slowly reduce to bout14/13hrs lite then 12/12 for flower..

Here are a couple of pictures of the girls. The indica is 1 month from transplant of baby clone and the sativa's are 3 weeks for transplant of clone. They are doing pretty good using the Gas Lamp schedule. I need to get a bigger fan for the indica tent and a bigger filter. the 4" system is getting a little to warm.
Indica: Burmese Kush
001950.jpg

Sativa: Headband 707
005815.jpg

thanks exile. Just got my power bill and it doesn't really reflect any more usage. I'm running 1100 watts of lighting, cfl and t 5, and 4 fans, two exhaust and two for movement. When I go into flowering I will be adding about 400watts to the flowering tent which is now at 500. Only running 12 hours does help and the way the plants look I don't think there is any difference from longer cycles of light. By no means do I know any real data, for this is my first grow, but things are looking good.

I'm getting really excited now. I just put the 1000watt hps above the plants today and began the flowering cycle. I will be using the Diminishing Lighting Schedule of 12/12 for 2 week and then cut a half an hour off the lights on every week until we are down to 15 hours of darkness. Here's the girls as of today. There are 4 strains in the tent. Headband 707, sour diesel, burmese kush and afghani bullrider. this is going to be fun

002_renamed_13703.jpg

Your doing an amazing job beemerbill, this should be one heck of a forest in 2-3 weeks!!!! Can't wait to see more..I'm on the edge of my seat!!

Thanks Icemud, the girls are looking good so now I just have to keep them that way. Just found out that I'm having right shoulder surgery, long awaited, in a couple of weeks so I have to make caring for them as easy as possible. I'm using fox farms and water out of a 32 gallon barrel so I was wondering if I can premix the nutes in the barrel for future use. I have emailed fox farm but haven't got a reply back as of yet. The craziness of life is about to get a lot crazier. I'm just worried about the girls and the end product. Any ideas anyone?

Ok the girls have been under hps 12/12 for 13 days. tomorrow I will start the diminishing light schedule and remove 30 minutes of light for a week and then down 30 again until we are down to 9 hours of light. Here's a picture of the girls taken today.
018243.jpg

Back
Top Bottom