Light

I have these seeds coming in tomorrow from Trilogene seeds.

Biscotti Pippen
Scottie 2 Hottie
CBG Limonene

Hey jiggi, I love your handyman setup I've been growing for about 12 years now an I've never gone big time no tent no expensive lights (well I did do the big HPS an the 2700k) a few years back but 100$light bills got to be too much. but I've made LED set ups and have with a bazillion bulbs. But I've come to the conclusion that a decent LED grow light is the way to go. I bought 3 inexpensive grow quantum boards an I've had good luck so far,and 30$ monthly electric bills are much easier on the pocket. I try an find some pics of my homemade lights I must have 30 LED bulbs and to many extension to count

20230513_083325.jpg

20230513_075857.jpg

20230513_051459_01.jpg

20230513_075431_01.jpg

Yeah them HPS definitely spike the bills! My plants seem pretty happy, the critical 47 is starting to gain a butt ton of foliage and she's just really going to town. I was worried that she stunted or something after I trimmed her fan leaves off. I've decided to do those one at a time when necessary. So far I just kinda tuck them under other leaves so everyone can see the lights. I feel like God put them there for a reason, they remind me of solar panels. An I feel like they're purpose it to feed light to the bottom section that don't get the light much.
@Canachris I absolutely love your Dr. Seuss light setup!! ❤️❤️❤️

Most of the enjoyment for me is the growing process. Being creative with different grow boxes,light setup. I must have like 25 CFL bulbs from the big 300 watt home Depot special to CFL grow bulbs, dang I could get some monster buds with those 2700 K 300 watt CFL. I still use the 2700K CFL's for supplemental lighting during flowering

IMG_20240208_101559465.jpg

IMG_20240208_101618611.jpg

IMG_20240208_101627837.jpg

Most of the enjoyment for me is the growing process. Being creative with different grow boxes,light setup. I must have like 25 CFL bulbs from the big 300 watt home Depot special to CFL grow bulbs, dang I could get some monster buds with those 2700 K 300 watt CFL. I still use the 2700K CFL's for supplemental lighting during flowering

IMG_20240208_101559465.jpg

IMG_20240208_101618611.jpg

IMG_20240208_101627837.jpg
Those spirally bulbs I don't use. I had one combust into flames on me in my last house, caught my whole closet on fire!!

I have a bad habit of collecting scrap metal, my husband tells me I need to seek help, lol, scrappers anonymous? I used to have a drug problem that lead me into the copper harvesting. I've been clean for 4 years. I don't miss 'that' drug. I did learn how to be a tinker fairy and I know I have a few valances, like for bathroom lights above the mirror. Add a power cord, easy!!!

I've been... well I was a contractor,a one man operation. every bit of old copper lead brass all went into my scrap pile. then in lean times I had aso something to fall back on. around here it's a list art there no more scrap yards. I've also have had my drug problems, I've managed to keep kleen for 36 years, that's my son's age

Agreed. In Texas I painted my van bluebonnet blue and had big purple letters on the side: The Scrapyard Unicorn. I'd go clean other people's junk piles and get paid plus the scrap. As well as I know what to look for when they're building apartments and houses and telephone poles... That's my favorite!!!! Them heavy copper plates with the tails they place under the poles .. OMG 💎💘😱 such a turn on!! It's a bit of a burden tho having to cut them up cuz that's a for sure federal charge. I was bad about stripping the yellow wiring outta the 'green' houses after the workers left. Yes scrapping is an art. 🎨

Agreed. In Texas I painted my van bluebonnet blue and had big purple letters on the side: The Scrapyard Unicorn. I'd go clean other people's junk piles and get paid plus the scrap. As well as I know what to look for when they're building apartments and houses and telephone poles... That's my favorite!!!! Them heavy copper plates with the tails they place under the poles .. OMG 💎💘😱 such a turn on!! It's a bit of a burden tho having to cut them up cuz that's a for sure federal charge. I was bad about stripping the yellow wiring outta the 'green' houses after the workers left. Yes scrapping is an art. 🎨
Wow! My wife gives me shit if I ask her to help me cut the grass.. 😆

Afghan Unicorn Kush.
And actually I plan to grow at least every strain once during the rest of my lifetime. I know that sounds silly. That's what I want to do.
That would be impossible. There are thousands of strains, and even more pheno types of said strains. If your looking for that particular strain, see if anybody offers it, if not, I'd just get some afghans, and look through and see what you like. You can buy a pack of seeds, and all can be similar and different at the same time. Like siblings. Or they could be all completely different. Just know, that if you buy for instance OG kush seeds .....it will not be the original OG. That is a clone only. Same with most legendary strains. Unless you get a cut, it's gonna be different. Maybe close, but not the same.

Just know, that if you buy for instance OG kush seeds .....it will not be the original OG. That is a clone only. Same with most legendary strains. Unless you get a cut, it's gonna be different.
And even without the 'from clone' issue there is still the very real possibility that the parents of any particular strain seeds being bought today can be different than the original parent seeds used 15 years ago when the strain was being developed. Might be what you are bringing up and at the least very similar to what you are thinking.

Back
Top Bottom