Looking for strain with no munchies

CannaMochi

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. If not, please move.
I've been trying a few different strains since I started 3 years ago. My main problem is insomnia. We're talking no sleep at all, for days. After that comes arthritis, then migraine. All of the Indicas I've tried give me the worst munchies. I can no longer work out like I used to because of the arthritis (I used to run 10k a day, every day when I was younger), so raiding the fridge after vaping is not something I want. Menopause is bad enough for weight gain, never mind inhaling an entire tub of HD or Ben & Jerry's. Sugar in general tends to aggravate my arthritis as it increases inflammation, aside from packing on the pounds. I've reviewed the list of strains, but they don't discuss the munchie scale. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Do a web search for "Four strains of ‘skinny pot’ that won’t bring on the munchies." The article lists the four strains and also explains about the appetite-suppression ability of THCV.

Fair warning, though: This is a cannabinoid that is found in sativas and sativa-leaning hybrids (and rather few of them, at that). Which isn't going to do much for your insomnia other than to allow you to be high as a cloud while you're enduring it. Unless you begin consuming bright & early and go through heroic amounts throughout the day, maybe; even my ex-gf used to crash after five or six days of partying (er... she smoked something considerably stronger than a good sativa, which we don't discuss here). But, for the most part, THCV, when it is found at all, is found in a sativa. Sativa = up; indica = down.

I've dealt with insomnia all my life, and only found one substance that gave me consistent restful sleep. And we don't discuss that one here, either, so I cannot tell you how to grow, harvest, make tea out of it, or even what it is. And, although it's legal to grow, it's highly illegal to harvest/consume, so probably not a viable solution for you anyway.

If the only downside you experience from consuming indicas is an increased appetite and lack of willpower, then your best bet is probably to quit purchasing "tubs of HD or Ben & Jerry's." I realize that's likely not what you want to read, but if your kitchen isn't stocked with junk food, then you won't be able to eat a week's worth of it in one "meal."

Indicas give me munchies. Sativas don’t. Indicas also give me quite a few other unwanted side effects like red eyes, confusion, paranoia, forgetfulness, and a hangover.
Downsides to sativas are- agitation and an overly ‘busy’ and scattered feeling.
Overall I don’t find that sativas keep me awake longer than indicas do. They both keep me awake- until I either crash or smoke more. With indicas I may find myself gorging on whatever edible food products I can, at four in the morning over the sink. With sativas I’m more likely to be playing guitar or doing chores at 4 in the morning instead.

Not all ‘100% sativa’ strains are created equal. Some will be crazy speedy. Others won’t.

I find a nice mix is about 75- 80% sativa and 20-25% indica. It’s enough indica to take
the speedy edge off, but not induce all those other nasty indica side effects. A few of my current favourite strains in that sativa dominant category are:

- Carnival
-Chocolope
-Strawberry Blue

As said above Strains with THCV help though harder to find as most breeders try and breed it out as it takes away the high, some folks have better luck with a high CBD Strain too. Do a web search for "cannabis strains for weight loss" .......... as there is quite a bit of info out there just a lot of variables and going to be a trial and error kind of thing but I was seeing Durban Poison, Green Crack, and higher CBD Strains pop up a lot when I did a search. As ones that curb appetite may well be opposite of what you want for insomnia, but hope you find something that works for what you needing all the way around.

As said above Strains with THCV help though harder to find as most breeders try and breed it out as it takes away the high, some folks have better luck with a high CBD Strain too. Do a web search for "cannabis strains for weight loss" .......... as there is quite a bit of info out there just a lot of variables and going to be a trial and error kind of thing but I was seeing Durban Poison, Green Crack, and higher CBD Strains pop up a lot when I did a search. As ones that curb appetite may well be opposite of what you want for insomnia, but hope you find something that works for what you needing all the way around.
Looks like I might be on the right track. I ordered some Durban Poison Fem seed recently. It was on my list of next 2 plants to grow, along with either Harlequin or Blueberry CBD.

I've experimented with combinations of small amounts of different strains in one vape session. I haven't had any bad experiences. I was planning on growing the Durban Poison and one of the CBDs and then vape those together to see what happens. I also have Chocolope Fem seed. Who knows what might come out of this experiment.

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. If not, please move.
I've been trying a few different strains since I started 3 years ago. My main problem is insomnia. We're talking no sleep at all, for days. After that comes arthritis, then migraine. All of the Indicas I've tried give me the worst munchies. I can no longer work out like I used to because of the arthritis (I used to run 10k a day, every day when I was younger), so raiding the fridge after vaping is not something I want. Menopause is bad enough for weight gain, never mind inhaling an entire tub of HD or Ben & Jerry's. Sugar in general tends to aggravate my arthritis as it increases inflammation, aside from packing on the pounds. I've reviewed the list of strains, but they don't discuss the munchie scale. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unfortunately the best way to minimize munchies is a sativa strain, but for insomnia indica works best. I have a similar problem. I can not help with munchies, but I can help with wieght gain & sugar control.

No carb is the way to go. Also instead of sweets eat fruit, it has sugar, but the fiber fills you some. Protein helps keep you feeling full longer, and have salads or vegetables prepared before hand, that way you can eat those. Substitute nuts for chips, if you must use chocolate get Lily's from Netrition. Avoid any sugarless options that contain sugar alcohols, as those have a laxitive effect. Hope this helps...

BTW I myself am searching for a good insomnia strain. I'd be interested in your opinion on which causes the least munchies and also which knocks you out fastest.

Do a web search for "Four strains of ‘skinny pot’ that won’t bring on the munchies." The article lists the four strains and also explains about the appetite-suppression ability of THCV.

Fair warning, though: This is a cannabinoid that is found in sativas and sativa-leaning hybrids (and rather few of them, at that). Which isn't going to do much for your insomnia other than to allow you to be high as a cloud while you're enduring it. Unless you begin consuming bright & early and go through heroic amounts throughout the day, maybe; even my ex-gf used to crash after five or six days of partying (er... she smoked something considerably stronger than a good sativa, which we don't discuss here). But, for the most part, THCV, when it is found at all, is found in a sativa. Sativa = up; indica = down.

I've dealt with insomnia all my life, and only found one substance that gave me consistent restful sleep. And we don't discuss that one here, either, so I cannot tell you how to grow, harvest, make tea out of it, or even what it is. And, although it's legal to grow, it's highly illegal to harvest/consume, so probably not a viable solution for you anyway.

If the only downside you experience from consuming indicas is an increased appetite and lack of willpower, then your best bet is probably to quit purchasing "tubs of HD or Ben & Jerry's." I realize that's likely not what you want to read, but if your kitchen isn't stocked with junk food, then you won't be able to eat a week's worth of it in one "meal."
Yea. I know what it is. In the 1900's you could buy the tintture over the counter. Great book on making the tea too.... I can't ever seem to make it grow, I think planting before winter, cold seed stratification may be the key, I may try that for next summer. Still, indica does get one drowsy. I just need to find the best, quickest acting strain. That I'll gladly buy. I mostly grow sativa for receration. But this falls harevest involving a few varieties of indica could change my attitude. I'll know by about December...

You might look into Black Domina, by Sensi Seeds. It's not new; it's been around for 25 years or so. It's a four-way cross (I don't know in what combination) of Northern Lights, Ortega Indica, Hash Plant, and an Afghani called SA. There is both a regular and a feminized version. Ben's company didn't sell directly to US residents in the past, and might not now. But it would be useful to do a web search for:
Code:
Sensi Seeds Black Domina
...and visit the web pages for both versions, so that you can read about the strain. There is also at least one article on their blog(?), and the search should find it, too. If you decide that it might be the insomnia cure you're looking for, the seeds are probably available at one or more of the forum sponsors that sell cannabis seeds to people in our country.

If you do end up getting some, and grow it, please return to the thread and let us know how well it works for you.

You might look into Black Domina, by Sensi Seeds. It's not new; it's been around for 25 years or so. It's a four-way cross (I don't know in what combination) of Northern Lights, Ortega Indica, Hash Plant, and an Afghani called SA. There is both a regular and a feminized version. Ben's company didn't sell directly to US residents in the past, and might not now. But it would be useful to do a web search for:
Code:
Sensi Seeds Black Domina
...and visit the web pages for both versions, so that you can read about the strain. There is also at least one article on their blog(?), and the search should find it, too. If you decide that it might be the insomnia cure you're looking for, the seeds are probably available at one or more of the forum sponsors that sell cannabis seeds to people in our country.

If you do end up getting some, and grow it, please return to the thread and let us know how well it works for you.
I've heard of and tried to get black dominain when I had medical access, but the places I went to never had it. Thanks for that info. I'll start looking. I am growing something called Black Sugar which I believe has some Black domina genetics. I'll know more once it's after i harvest & dry it, probably around Dec...

Try site sponsor Weedseedsexpress, I have read that they have "Doug's Varin" which is a high THCV strain.

Doug's Varin seeds (feminized) | WSE | Delivery Guaranteed

Want to grow Doug's Varin? Buy Doug's Varin seeds at Weedseedsexpress! FREE SEEDS ✅ + Germ. guarantee ✅ + Fast & Discreet shipping ✅
weedseedsexpress.com

Back
Top Bottom