Looking for the best LED for a grow tent 4x4

Bigtone13

Hey grow community! I’m looking to get a better light for my 4x4 tent. Right now I have a LED 600w light I got off amazon. Works good, but I only get 2-3oz each lady. Was told to step my light game up to get like 10oz a lady. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Congrats on 2-3 oz per plant... that is actually pretty good. Why don't you experiment with your theory and buy another light just like what you have, doubling your available light. If your theory holds, you will get 4-6 oz next time. There is no BEST light out there, or we would all be running it. Everyone is going to have a personal preference and every manufacturer is going to tell you that theirs is the best. Caveat emptor.

Congrats on 2-3 oz per plant... that is actually pretty good. Why don't you experiment with your theory and buy another light just like what you have, doubling your available light. If your theory holds, you will get 4-6 oz next time. There is no BEST light out there, or we would all be running it. Everyone is going to have a personal preference and every manufacturer is going to tell you that theirs is the best. Caveat emptor.[/QUOTE

Interesting. Yeah some companies guarantee 10oz with their light. They state the quality of colors my light is producing my not be quality light. I only paid 50$ for the light

Exactly as Emilya says. No best light but a light will be best for you considering the fact of room size available. Amount of light needed. How many plants your going to run. With every light there are different drawbacks. Take for example. My maxbloom is a killer light but runs super hot. And seams to grow massive stems on the plant while turning the leaves leathery like. I’m 30 inches from the plants. And that seams to be helping. But if you don’t have the head room. It’s a no go. Now I’m he quantum board runs cooler with a true white light. But it seams to be more intense. In different zones then the max bloom. A hps is just super hot but is a killer photosynthesizing light. For every positive there will always be a few negatives. So I’d say get a general idea of what your looking for and base your search off of those Criteria’s. Or you could always go with supplemental lighting By boosting your now light with another. As Emilya says. Then take in consideration for extra space of a bigger light more heat. And so on. Also you could attempt to try a different nutrients lineup or a more advanced. This part of the grow is what keeps things interesting. I’ve used the same method so much. I’m tired of it. It’s not a challenge. I haven’t looked at my plants in a week. Well I’ve looked just haven’t done anything with them. I can base my plant off looks not numbers. So just mix it up a little make slight difference and maybe that’s what your really looking for.

So if your light was 50$ and a qb is 400$ I would add a supplemental lighting to your $50 light and more then likely that will put you on your point.

Exactly as Emilya says. No best light but a light will be best for you considering the fact of room size available. Amount of light needed. How many plants your going to run. With every light there are different drawbacks. Take for example. My maxbloom is a killer light but runs super hot. And seams to grow massive stems on the plant while turning the leaves leathery like. I’m 30 inches from the plants. And that seams to be helping. But if you don’t have the head room. It’s a no go. Now I’m he quantum board runs cooler with a true white light. But it seams to be more intense. In different zones then the max bloom. A hps is just super hot but is a killer photosynthesizing light. For every positive there will always be a few negatives. So I’d say get a general idea of what your looking for and base your search off of those Criteria’s. Or you could always go with supplemental lighting By boosting your now light with another. As Emilya says. Then take in consideration for extra space of a bigger light more heat. And so on. Also you could attempt to try a different nutrients lineup or a more advanced. This part of the grow is what keeps things interesting. I’ve used the same method so much. I’m tired of it. It’s not a challenge. I haven’t looked at my plants in a week. Well I’ve looked just haven’t done anything with them. I can base my plant off looks not numbers. So just mix it up a little make slight difference and maybe that’s what your really looking for.

Interesting. Makes a lot of sense. So let me ask you this. I have a 400w white led light for veg, and a 600w light for flower with blues and reds in the board. Would it matter if I added the 400w in the tent? Since it would be just white light added?

Colors do matter you want higher blue spectrum in negative cycle and in flower you want higher reds with oranges, cannabis cant use any green light so you want to avoid them. Food for thought.
lol, I knew someone would mention green light. Curious thing... my new "Full Spectrum" LEDs have a bank of green lights in them... because the green balances out against the red and blue and makes white.... but we all know that the plants ignore the green light completely. This sort of informs us that the full spectrum part of this hype is being ignored too. The reds and the blues do matter the most... but as far as the white goes... it depends on what is in it to make that white.

If yer wanting to change look at Quantum Boards
The new Samsung diods are fantastic
White light not colors, all I use now

Back
Top Bottom