Malawi & Golden Tiger

Fomerballer

Malawi & Golden Tiger. Both are 30 days old. Malawi is the bigger one. The GT got hung up in her shell for a week or so.

Fox Farm Happy Frog. Added liquid Karma & Rum Dunder (spent molasses) to feed.

When would you start defoliating the Malawi?

IMG_5433.jpeg

IMG_5434.jpeg

Golden Tiger has very thin sativa leaves no buds. The Malawi has little buds but lots of them. I switched the light to bloom at week 3. Current is 12/12 lighting.

Plants are the same age. Soil is Fox Farms Happy Frog in 5 gal bags. Water is ph5.7. Per half gallon I've added Table spoon molasses. In the last week ive add Calmag & Bloom to tds 1200

IMG_5622.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5620.jpeg

So you are in the 3rd week of 12/12 and you flipped the spectrum switch to flower on the light? Malawi looks good. Do you have any pistols on the GT? Sativas are equatorial so not as dependent on light schedule to start flowering. They flower when matured and light schedule just nudges them in that direction. If you wait too long they will start to flower in 18/6 or take a while to flower if you flip before it is ready. Be patient and keep an eye out for naners until you see the pistol hairs.

I made the switch after the 3rd node came up. So that was about 3 weeks into the plant. Im sure i stunted the growth. Im hoping tge buds swell up. Feeding them water molasses and a little kharma ph corrected.

The golden tiger is now showing pistols. Shes been slow.

Good to know. Ive been giving a tsp molasses in a gallon of water. Also a little karma & calmag so maybe ill eliminate.
What media and other nutes do you use, if any? It is really hard to OD on calmag. Molasses is a simple absorbable sugar with no NPK to effect the plant negatively. Karma claims to be a "booster with no significant NPK". Karma is dolomite (calmag), potassium carbonate(K), fish meal (N),more mag, humic acid (can't OD), and seaweed extract (growth hormone).

The potassium carbonate and fish meal are insignificant amounts bound to the humic acid so there is no reason to stop. Calmag, humic acid, and seaweed extract are vary beneficial to the plant. Even in high doses. As long as your PH is correct.

What media and other nutes do you use, if any? It is really hard to OD on calmag. Molasses is a simple absorbable sugar with no NPK to effect the plant negatively. Karma claims to be a "booster with no significant NPK". Karma is dolomite (calmag), potassium carbonate(K), fish meal (N),more mag, humic acid (can't OD), and seaweed extract (growth hormone).

The potassium carbonate and fish meal are insignificant amounts bound to the humic acid so there is no reason to stop. Calmag, humic acid, and seaweed extract are vary beneficial to the plant. Even in high doses. As long as your PH is correct.
I’m not familiar with any of that so I can’t really comment but I do know about GT and nutes and especially K when flowering. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀

I’m not familiar with any of that so I can’t really comment but I do know about GT and nutes and especially K when flowering. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀
Sativas in general are prone to nute burn. I run 75% to 95% of the recommended mix strength. Thai and mowi (it's ancestors) lean on the high side of that scale but still less than manufacturer recommendation.
I have never grown GT. Are you saying GT is extra sensitive to K or that is the one it likes? If so, I never considered the K ratio in the mix could be the problem all along. High K locks out a few micro nutrients like iron, manganese and copper. Hey, look, a rabbit hole!

Sativas in general are prone to nute burn. I run 75% to 95% of the recommended mix strength. Thai and mowi (it's ancestors) lean on the high side of that scale but still less than manufacturer recommendation.
I have never grown GT. Are you saying GT is extra sensitive to K or that is the one it likes? If so, I never considered the K ratio in the mix could be the problem all along. High K locks out a few micro nutrients like iron, manganese and copper. Hey, look, a rabbit hole!
When flowering I cut back almost all the N. My mistake I should have said N. I ease up the PK though. CL🍀Edit: I was running 50% suggested nutes and that was the max without burning 🔥.

Back
Top Bottom